Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss World Chapter meeting for Disney Enthusiasts - April 16 in the Vacation Planning forums; If you are going to be in Walt Disney World Area around April, why not stop by at the World Chapter's Meeting. It will be a night to remember with ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

World Chapter meeting for Disney Enthusiasts - April 16

If you are going to be in Walt Disney World Area around April, why not stop by at the World Chapter's Meeting. It will be a night to remember with a special speaker and guests.

The next World Chapter meeting for Disney Enthusiasts is Saturday, April 16, 2005!

Place: Vista del Lago (5 miles west of Walt Disney World on route 192)
    DIRECTIONS: Just get on Route 192 going West and once pass Walt Disney World it is on the right hand side, approximately 5 miles. You will see a big sign "Vista del Lago" on the right just before the entrance. At the Security Shack, ask for the Club House!

Admission: FREE for current NFFC Members, $5 Prospective Members.
    Doors open at 6pm; Meeting starts at 7pm
    We are asking all club members to bring a Appetizers/Finger Food (enough to feed 8 adults). Please DO NOT bring a dessert or beverages since the club will supply that

Our next "Be Our Guest" Speaker will be Bob Schall; Walt Disney Railroad Engineer and Tour Guide on the "Behind the Steam" Tours.

So come on out and show your support and see what's got Bob all steamed up!!!

Also.....the only way the live auctions at our meetings will work is if people bring something they want to sell. We certainly have enough bidders ...
    WE NEED SELLERS! It's Spring time! So do some garage cleaning! You just might find some Disney Gold!

As for Our June Meeting, it's already taking shape and we have a confirmed date: Saturday, June 18 at Vista del Lago. A speaker has already been confirmed BUT I'll announce who it is at the April Meeting!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dreamfinder1982 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I'll Be There!

Sounds like fun! I wouldn't miss it for the world! And besides it would look bad if the World Chapter president missed his own meeting!!! lol!!!

Thanks Lou for the post!!!

Should any one have any questions, you can reach me at: worldchapter_nffc@hotmail.com

TTFN!

Arlen
    World Chapter President

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Anytime! I'd love to be able to make it down for this meeting if time permits!

Plus, for those of you who just LOVE WDW trivia (and I KNOW you do!!), you may recognize Arlen's name...

Anyone know what Arlen's claim to fame is?
    Lou Mongello

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    I assume you mean Arlen Miller, long-time Disneyana collector, and President of the World Chapter of the NFFC?
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Hmmm Arlan's claim to fame?

Could it be that the first published sighting of a Hidden Mickey was made by Arlen Miller.

In 1989 WDW's Eyes and Ears (Cast Member weekly publication in the parks) published an article by Arlen on Hidden Mickeys. This was the first time it was made publically known and then months later the author was contacted by Disney News for more infomation for an article on Hidden Mickeys.

<---- Hidden Mickey

Last edited by MickeyBabe; 03-16-2005 at 01:26 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

You got it, MB!!! Arlen is the first person to ever report it and have it confirmed by Disney!

Welcome again to the family, Arlen!
    Lou Mongello

I'm Impressed!

Wow! Mickeybabe...I'm impressed. Not many people know that little bit of "trivia". Take two stars out of petty cash!!!

The next time your in town and go to the WDW, let me know and I'll give you one of my "Special" tours of the Magic Kingdom!!! You think you know the MK? Well after my tour, you'll realize just how much stuff you missed out on each trip to it that was right in front of you.

TTFN!

Arlen

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Whee!! I think we will be there. Is the $5.00 for adults or kids too (we will have to bring our 4 yo)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamfinder1982
    Wow! Mickeybabe...I'm impressed. Not many people know that little bit of "trivia". Take two stars out of petty cash!!!

The next time your in town and go to the WDW, let me know and I'll give you one of my "Special" tours of the Magic Kingdom!!! You think you know the MK? Well after my tour, you'll realize just how much stuff you missed out on each trip to it that was right in front of you.

TTFN!

Arlen
    OOH OH OH!!! Can we have one pretty please with sugar on top??? We live here and can so work around your schedule!!!

I have to arn you tho that DD and I are both disabled and in wheelchairs(that won't get in the way will it??)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

To: MommytoMJM

Hi!

sure thing....you can contact me at: dsnyana@verizon.net or call me at home in the evenings at: 863-427-2753

Sure hope we don't get kicked out like Jim Hill was recently at Disneyland for giving tours!!! lol!!!!
    http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/artic...le.php?ID=1356

Just let them try!!!!

TTFN!

Dreamfinder

Oh My Goodness! Wow! (Promises to keep my mouth shut) I emailed you!