Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss MouseFest 2004!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; No kidding... there are only two things keeping us form moving to Florida. My mother and father. If I could convince them to move down there (close, but not TOO ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    No kidding... there are only two things keeping us form moving to Florida. My mother and father. If I could convince them to move down there (close, but not TOO close), I'd be outta Jersey in a heartbeat (and burn all my winter clothes in a bonfire)... (Actually I'd give them to the homeless, but you get the idea)
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    My mother and father. If I could convince them to move down there (close, but not TOO close),
    My mother has a bad habit of following me.

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    and burn all my winter clothes in a bonfire

It seems that those who move to Florida need winter clothes too. Big difference though, they start wearing them when it gets to 50 degrees
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Well, it looks like I'll be hosting an "official" meet for this year's MouseFest! I've been in touch with Deb Wills and things look good so far!

I'll post more details when they are confirmed!!!
    Lou Mongello

Thumbs up It's Official!!

OK... NOW it's "official"

I will be hosting a meet and trivia contest on:
    Monday, December 13, 2004
    at the Disney-MGM Studios
    in the Backlot Express
    at 2:00 p.m.

We may follow this up by a trip over to Who Wants to Be a Millionaire - Play It! to keep the trivia theme going!
    You can read more about MouseFest 2004 HERE

-----------------
    Now.. I just have to think of a catchy name for the meet (other than "WDW Trivia Meet"), as well as a format for the contest, etc...

Anyone have any suggestions? Be creative!

I was thinking of doing a Millionaire-style game by randomly picking tickets from a bowl and awarding prizes for different levels? Not sure. Myabe something that could involve more people at once?
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-19-2004 at 08:34 PM.
    Lou Mongello

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    Congratulations, Lou!
    Be creative? I'm afraid I wasn't born with the creative gene, but I'll give it a shot!
    For a title, what about "You Don't Know Disney?" You know, like a take-off on "You Don't Know Jack."
    For a possible game, I have an idea, but it needs fine-tuning. What if you had a pot of questions and answers, one on each of two different colored pieces of paper. Then everyone takes a piece of paper and doesn't look at it, except to note the color. Then, when you say 'go,' everyone reads their piece of paper and tries to find the person that has the corresponding answer or question. The top three 'teams' to turn the correct combination in could win a prize. It would be a good way to get people to meet each other. We'd have to work on the details, and we'd have to be somewhere where we would not disturb other guests. I also have some pins we could use as consolation prizes.
    Oh, I just thought of a problem with this idea! How do you guarantee that all of the pairs of questions and answers have been distributed? And you'd have to have some way of officially timing the contest. Also, what do you do about children who want to play, or just let them pair up with an adult?
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    what if you picked a few people from the audience and ask them questions and write their answers down. you can then grade them and give out prizes for the top 3 or 5 people's score.

do you want to have a one person at a time type contest or multiple people at once?

tiggerguy is offline one of the good guys
    I second James' name for the meet , but have a "?" at the end

You Don't Know Disney?
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    What about something like "WDW TriviaQuest" or TriviaFest (like mousefest) or something simple like the "WDW Trivia Challenge"?

When I first read the you don't know disney saying, it sounded like you were telling people that they don't know disney but you do (which is true actually!)

Hmmm...

I'm starting to think I like the sound of TriviaFest or TriviaQuest (no offense to the other suggestions, of course). I can see the point about "you don't know Disney" almost sounding cocky (especially to those that won't get the old game reference).

Anyone else have any other idea/opinion?

Also, with regard to the format, I think you have an interesting idea, but it may be a logistical nightmare, especially not knowing how many people will be there, etc. I think that would be great to do for a regular meet, where you know how many people will be coming, etc.

I had a few different ideas for the format, and want some feedback:

--------------------------------
    1). Millionaire-style - Would distribute numbered tickets to all attendees, then randomly select one to be in the "Hot Seat". Would have 10 questions in progressing difficulty. Get 3 right, get a pin (for example), 7 right gets a whatever, 10 right gets a shirt, etc.

Pros - Familiar, fun format
    Cons - Not interactive enough for all attendees - Can only quiz 1 person at a time, and those that don't get picked might feel slighted

2) Multiple-Choice Format - Using ticket system, choose 5 (7? 10?) people to play. They all stand/sit side by side and get cards with A,B,C,D on each one. I ask a question, each player hold up their card, and someone keeps score. After 10 questions, top player gets to choose whatever prize he/she wants, and the next 2 or 3 or four get to choose next, etc. I used this format at a recent meet and it seemed to work out well.

Pros - Many people involved at once. Can do more than one round and get a lot of attenedeed involved. More than just one person wins a prize
    Cons - Need help keeping score, etc. (?)

3) Jeopardy Format - Using tickets again, select 3-5 people to play, and have board with questions in different catergories, etc. At end of game, high scorer wins

Pros -
    Cons - Logistics of having to create board, etc.; Only 3-5 people play at a time. Single game could take a very long time to play.

Well, that's what I have so far. Let me know what you all think. I'm leaning towards the second format, but am always open to suggestions.

Thank you for your help!
    Lou Mongello

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    I like the second format as well! I don't think you'll have any trouble getting somebody to help score. I know my wife, Linda would do it, just so she doesn't have to play! I also think that as many people as possible should play, maybe 10 would be good, but what do you in case of a tie?
    You may have to have different versions of this game, one for kids, one for novices, and yet another for experts. I also think you should restrict it to just WDW trivia, and in that case, I really like the name: WDW TriviaFest!
    I actually like the first idea of a Millionaire type game better, but it would be more suited to a small group when you have more time. Great ideas!
    Last edited by dzneynut; 07-29-2004 at 12:04 AM.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Number 2 does sound good. If you want more to participate, could you have groups of say 2 people on a team?

Well, I think the general concensus among all of you experts is that the second format is the best, and the meet will be aptly named:

WDWTriviaFest

I think we may be able to run more than one round of play (assuming 10 questions per round and a couple of tie breakers if necessary), which will give as many people as possible a chance to play and win prizes. I guess if people wanted to team up, that might be OK.

I also like the idea of telling people to bring their children, and having a "kid's round" as well (don't want to leave anyone out).
    Lou Mongello

Buckey Badger is offline B-Ticket Holder
    As soon as i know what my money situation im coming other wise next year.
    Buckey

Hope you can make it, Buckey!!!
    Lou Mongello

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast