Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Accidentally Booked Mousefest 2009 in the Vacation Planning forums; I hope this is the right board, but I thought you all might get a kick out of how I just accidentally booked Mousefest 2009. We take our big vacation ...
    Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder

Accidentally Booked Mousefest 2009

I hope this is the right board, but I thought you all might get a kick out of how I just accidentally booked Mousefest 2009.

We take our big vacation every year to WDW in addition to many smaller one-day trips to the World. Usually one year we take a Disney cruise and the next year we go the parks, next year cruise, year after that parks and so forth. This year, we decided we wanted to see one of the Disney ships at Christmas time, since all of our other cruises have been during the summer. So, we ended up going to MouseFan Travel and looking at their December cruises. The one departing Dec 6 was the cheapest and seemingly perfect because it is leaving port just two days after my birthday. Then came the debate as to wether we wanted to do our land stay before or after the cruise. We chose the week after since the week before is Thanksgiving week and we didn't want to be sore from the parks and then go and get on the ship and be miserable. So, we talked to our travel agent.

She just booked our cruise, but told us she was going to wait to book our requested room at POFQ until later because that week was Mousefest week. It wasn't until about 30 seconds later that I got to thinking.....isn't the Mousefest Cruise always the week before the land events? Went to the Mousefest website and sure enough..... we just booked Mousefest 2009 ..... by accident.

I was wanting to go to Mousefest this year, but came up short financially after our splurge at the Polynesian earlier this year. I've always wanted to go to Mousefest but was never able to, now I find that I mistakenly book both the cruise and the land portion of Mousefest, not even knowing what the dates were. Anyway, being a long-time Disney fan, 2009 will be my first trip to Mousefest.

All that said, is there someplace where I can read about others' experiences about Mousefest and more of what goes on during Mousefest?
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    How cool!
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

newdrama12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    For Mousefest....you will definitely want to keep your eyes on MouseFest 2007 - An International Gathering of Disney Fans. As for reading about other people's experiences, I'm sure that somewhere here on the forums you can find threads from past years and there is about two weeks from this year's Mousefest, so lots of experiences will be posting in the forums I'm sure.

But I'm hoping to be in WDW during mousefest next year. I was down there last year for Mousefest during my CP without even knowing it, since my birthday always falls during that week.
    You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    it was meant to be that you go to Mousefest after that, that's for sure.

When AllEars gets the blogs back up and running, there are some great Mousefest ones and Lou has some great shows in the podcast archive to listen to for testimonials

Can't wait to meet you, I already have next year booked myself

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

kparker is offline A-Ticket holder
    I did the same thing Sorria, after booking my trip I realised that it coincided with Mousefest and my excitement has my sister (travelling partner) a bit scared. I never thought the pieces would fall into place to allow me to attend such an event. I considered the cruise but unfortunately we arrive in WDW the day after it leaves and there's no way for me to get there any earlier because as a school teacher I have to wait for school to break up. I am so excited!

Kirsten

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    We are going down about 3 day after Mousefest. I want to go to Mousefest so very bad but I have school. I also miss spending my B-day there by a few day... dumb school hopefully I can go in 2010 when im in college

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

Arrow

Please note that important information regarding
    MouseFest 2009 has been posted at MouseFest.org

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Thanks, I saw the post yesterday. Bummer, but we'll probably be going anyway.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm pretty disappointed about the annoucement. Mousefest 2008 was a blast! We will miss you in 2009 Mousefest. We hope you return in 2010.