Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss MouseFest 2009 Important Information! in the Vacation Planning forums; Please note that important information regarding MouseFest 2009 has been posted at MouseFest.org...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur

MouseFest 2009 Important Information!

Please note that important information regarding
    MouseFest 2009 has been posted at MouseFest.org

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

lancelot62 is offline A-Ticket holder
    well that sounds kinda final, independents should make plans with respect to the mousefest executive committee. i aint changing my plans. love and regrets to those involved with mousefest, i know this didnt come easy

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well, I can't say I'm not feeling bummed out. I spent every year since MouseFest started wishing I could go. The year I finally do get to go ends up being the year it gets canceled. I'll still be keeping my plans and going down at the same time for both the cruise and land portion. Hopefully MouseFest will be able to come back one day.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Bummer! I was waiting until I got out of school (and could take some time off of my real job) to go to MouseFest. I usually have finals the week that MouseFest is, so obviously I could never go. I hope that they are able to bring it back because I would love to experience this great gathering of Disney fans that I love to be around. Hopefully, the people who have already booked their trip this year can at least get together when they're down there!
    ~Ashleigh

mmouse6937 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I'm also very sad about the whole thing. I'm so glad I got to go last year and meet everyone and have the experience. I hope that everyone can regroup and make it bigger and better in 2010!
    Sarah

76-84 Two Trips as a Child, '00 Best Western LBV, '01 Best Western LBV, '02 Polynesian (OUR DISNEYMOON!!), '03 CBR, '05 CBR, '06 DisneyLand, '07 POR, 09/08 CBR, 12/08 BC, 09/09 BW, 03/10 POP, 12/10 POP, 11/12 Dream Cruise 2.0

My babies: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

"Saving one animal will not change the world, but surely for that one animal the world will change forever"

It's a bummer but seeing how I wasn't going this year I'm not that upset about it. But I will miss all my friends.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Sonny Eclipse is offline Fastpass Holder
    I am very bummed. I was looking forward to seeing everyone again.

However, this will make Magicmeets a little more special as it may be the only time I see my Disney friends.

I just hope Mousefest comes back in 2010.

flutter is offline Moderator
    We had planned on having our RADP meet the weekend before Mousefest was scheduled anyway since we have always alternated weekends. We will still be having it the RADP meet and all are welcome to join us at any of our meets.
    Welcome To RADP.org

The RADP meet is not as big as Mousefest and we have no swag just good friends having a good time

harra is offline Fastpass Holder
    Well I had a feeling MouseFestc'09 would be cancelled. You could hear the event screaming in pain as a result of it's growing pains. It clearly had gotten to the point that a volunteer staff would have trouble keeping their sanity intact.

I always wondered why Fred kept MagicMeets a somewhat similar size each year despite ever increasing interest. Now I understand completely.
    Ray
    Head Grump
    Grumpy's Hollow

Eric is offline A-Ticket holder
    It is unfortunate that such a great fan event like Mousefest will not happen in 2009, although with the size and scope of organizing it, it is completely understandable. Dave, Lou and the rest of the executive committee did a spectacular job of running the event, and in the process created a lot of magical memories for many, many people. Kudos to them!

I would like to mention the fan event that we started last year, The Mouse Guest Experience. It is similar to Mousefest in that anyone and everyone is welcome, there are guests from many different Disney sites and podcasts, and there are scheduled meets during the event. It is different from Mousefest in that it is much (much) smaller, and there are generally less meets each day, in order to give attendees more time with family or to just hang out at the parks with friends (or rest!).

This year The Mouse Guest Experience will be held at the Walt Disney World Resort from October 10-15. More information will be coming soon on The MGE website at http://www.mouseguest.com/experience. Hope to see you there!
    Eric,
    co-host, Mouse Guest Weekly podcast
    MouseGuest.com

ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder
    This was such a big disappointment. And I agree Eric, the executive committee did a fantastic job.

I still plan on heading down in December. I'm sure there will be some meets during what would have been the Mousefest dates.

Mousefest 2008 was a blast and I got a chance to meet so many great people. I hope it comes back in Dec 2010 stronger than ever.

TTAfanatic is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I would rather Mousefest come back in a year or two bigger and better than attend Mousefest this year and have it be less than it could be.

2001 - Caribbean Beach
    2008 - Pop Century
    2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

www.twitter.com/nickphillips97

I proudly support The FairTax!
    www.FairTax.org

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I was watching our local news yesterday only to see the newscasters talking about MouseFest '09 and the fact that this years festivities were canceled. I was completely floored to see anything MouseFest being covered in local news that is shown in a least six counties around Florida. Just goes to show how big MouseFest really was. For those interested:

MouseFest Victim Of Own Success - Central Florida News 13
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

LouDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    I hope it does come back. I've never attended one and was looking forward to maybe doing so this year.

Tagrel is having a gathering October 21-26th. You can visit their site Welcome to Tagrel.com for more information.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast