Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss MagicMeets Pre-registration is open!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Here's a portion of the newsletter MagicMeets just sent out Go On, Get Preregistered! The time is upon one and all: Get thee to the nearest computer terminal and get ...
    tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder

MagicMeets Pre-registration is open!!!See last post

Here's a portion of the newsletter MagicMeets just sent out

Go On, Get Preregistered!

The time is upon one and all: Get thee to the nearest computer terminal and get thyself (and all thine, natch) preregistered for MagicMeets 2009.
    According to the countdown calendar on the front page of our handy-dandy Web site (MagicMeets Fan Gatherings), we are just a little less than six months away from our annual celebration of fun, friends and a little bit – well, a big bit, really – of magic.
    And while tickets are not yet on sale (don’t worry, we’ll give you the heads-up soon!), if you want to join us for all or at least some of the festivities August 7-9, you should make it a point get yourself and your family pre-registered soon.
    Folks often wonder why it’s a good idea to preregister in advance for MagicMeets. The top answer to that, especially for 2009, is “38 hours.”
    You see, that’s all it took for more than 550 Disney fans to snap up every available ticket to MagicMeets 2008.
    Yep, 38 hours. Considerably less than two days.
    “I always had a feeling we would sell out,” Fred Block, the meet’s founder and chief organizer, said after last year’s record sales time. “I mean, in 2006 we sold out to 350 people in 2 months. In 2007 we sold out to 550 people in 10 days. Given that this year’s event was at the same facility as last year’s, I knew we would sell out. I just didn’t expect it to happen that quickly.”
    And by preregistering prior to the official on-sale date, quickness is the advantage you may get when you step up to pay, especially if you’re coming with a group. For example, if you’re coming with a party of six, and you’re not preregistered, when the tickets go on sale, you’ll be entering all the necessary data fields for yourself and five other folks. By the time you’re done entering all that information, a few dozen other people might have paid for their tickets in the meantime.
    If you preregister prior to the on-sale date, all your information is in our system. It can even be changed or edited if necessary BEFORE we open up to payments. And if you should have any problems, our staff will have plenty of time to assist you - no need to stress! When the tickets go on sale, poof, all that’s left for you to do is log in and click the payment button to lock in your tickets. And when it comes down to those last few tickets, that edge in time could make all the difference betwee n getting in or having to stay home.
    So go on. Take a few minutes and visit the MagicMeets 2009 registration site.

You’ll be glad you did.
    Last edited by tacey; 04-17-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Proud Member of the Deck 7 Cool Kids!

Woo Hoo!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

njdisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    OK- so what's up with Magic Meets this year?
    I pre-registered on the day it opened up and haven't heard a word since. Not even an email that they were sold out. Last year only took something like 36 hours?

Has anyone heard anything since pre-reg opened? Costs, when is the money due, etc.?

I am happy to answer this for you..... so far all that is open is the pre-registration. We are finalizing all the plans for this years event and will be announcing when the payments of tickets will open sometimes over the next little while.....

keep watching............

njdisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks!
    I was beginning to worry!

I'll be more patient, knowing the more news is on the way!

Re: MagicMeets Pre-registration is open!!!

Plans and Pixie Dust are flying everywhere for the planning of this summers Must See Event of the Northeast for Disney Fans, MagicMeets 2009.

Much has been happening backstage to make this year's event even more interactive, more exciting and more fun filled than ever before. We know we've been a little quiet and hush, hush but I am here with a few tidbits to wet your appetite.

In it's 6th year, Founder and Senior Event Coordinator, Fred Block, looks forward to once again having this year's event outshine previous years. This is a goal for Fred each year and he works with the team to do his best to deliver that magic every time. Engaging speakers are being lined up; informational break out sessions planned and sensational sponsors are being brought on board. A lot of ideas and comments given in last year’s event survey have been taken into account and this year we truly believe it will be a Not To Be Missed Event.

Outside of the main event Saturday, there are many extra mini events being worked on to extend your fun even more and give you more reason to extend your time with us even longer then just Saturday during the day. How does an Adult Only Karaoke Meet sound? Wouldn't it be great for all of us to fit into a one area all at the same time to have some adult only fun? Or maybe bringing Christmas into August is more up your alley. How about a Disney Themed Gift Exchange open to the whole family? Everyone would bring a Disney themed gift (amount to be predetermined) and everyone would leave with a gift too. Who says we have to wait until December for that much fun and merriment?

We want to hear what you think. Please either reply to this post or send us an email at tacey@magicmeets.com
    There is even a link to at the end of this post for the first 100 people to let us know what they think. If you want your voice heard, please be sure to rush out and take the 4-question survey it will only take a moment or two. It's important to us to have your feedback to hear what you think of these events and to see if there is enough interest in them for us to continue in the planning of them.

There has also been much speculation as to when we will open the payment system for this year’s event. While we are unable to post an exact date today, (can't let all the cat's out of the bag) we can tell you that things are looking like it will open mid to end of April. We want to be sure to give everyone a fair chance at pre-registering. We currently have over 800 people pre-registered in the system.

Also, please be sure, even if you are pre-registered, to sign up for the newsletters at www.magicmeets.com. Pre-registering does not automatically sign you up for it and when the notice comes out announcing in advance the date the payments will open, the newsletter subscribers will get the news first. So, be sure to sign up if you aren't already.

Keep your eyes out on Twitter and Facebook as well for little sneak peeks coming your way. You can access and join both of these off of the MagicMeets.com homepage or by clicking here: Fred Block (MagicMeets2009) on Twitter & MagicMeets Fans on Facebook | Facebook

Well, I guess I better run, I think I hear the Segway coming. We wouldn't want the boss to know I have taken a break from all the planning to sneak out here to touch base with all of you.

Don't forget to let us know what you think of the two possible new events. Your opinion is important to us. After all, this event is for you, the Disney Fan.

Until Next Time

Tacey Atkinson
    Customer/Public Relations Assistant
    Speakers Assistant
    MagicMeets Disney Fan Gatherings
    http://www.magicmeets.com
    tacey@magicmeets.com

survey:

MagicMeets 2009 Ideas - What do you think?

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder

Hey Tacey - just wondering if they are looking for donations for the auction this year. I haven't been on this site in ages (apologies), but the time is getting closer and closer!! I am pre-registered, but like the others - have not heard back yet - I keep an eye on magicmeets.com!!

thanks...tammi
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

Tammi

Best to contact Pat here at Disneyworldtrivia as she is in charge of the auction.

Can't wait to see you again

Tacey

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder

wow, that was fast.

thanks - i'll try to track her down!!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!

Hi, Tammi
    We are working away behind the scenes on this year's auction. If there is something in particular you have that you'd like to donate, please email me here at pat @ wdwradio (dot) com.

We hope to have a "wish list" like we have had in previous years posted in a few weeks.

Thanks for your interest!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

collins316 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello!
    I purchased the 2 "Golden Tickets" for 2009 MagicMeets admission at last years auction. I have pre-registered. What else do I need to do?
    Thanks
    Bernie

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder

Bernie,

Please email me directly to take care of applying these to your payment for this year.

fred@magicmeets.com

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by collins316 View Post
    Hello!
    I purchased the 2 "Golden Tickets" for 2009 MagicMeets admission at last years auction. I have pre-registered. What else do I need to do?
    Thanks
    Bernie
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

The countdown is on. Less then 16 hours until payments open. With just under 1000 people preregistered, best to get in quick with your payment at noon on Saturday.MagicMeets Registration System Less then half of those preregistered will actually get in......Get Ready!!!!!