Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Tikifest 2009 Attendees - Check-In Here in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone, I'll be attending Tikifest 2009 and was wondering who else is coming down for this event. Tikifest 2009 will take place the week of August 2nd with the ...
    ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder

Tikifest 2009 Attendees - Check-In Here

Hi Everyone,

I'll be attending Tikifest 2009 and was wondering who else is coming down for this event. Tikifest 2009 will take place the week of August 2nd with the main event on Thursday night, August 6th. The main event will be an Illuminations dessert party in the Italy Pavillion.
    Here's a link to the Tikifest 2009 website.
    tikifest

Tikifest is gathering of Polynesian Resort fans and fans of Steve "Tikiman" Seifert's Website. Steve has appeared on the WDW Radio Show and the WDW Today podcasts. In fact, Steve appeared on the WDW Today podcast this past Friday, Feb 27th discussing Tikifest 2009 in detail.

So, if you plan on attending Tikifest 2009 and will be at Walt Disney World the week of August 2nd post your intentions here. Maybe we can schedule an informal meet of Disney World Trivia & WDW Radio Show fans during the week of August 2nd.

Aaron

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Is it okay if I could only make it to the dessert party event at epcot that week? I won't be able to get off for any more than that at work.
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

ADP
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJamesUT View Post
    Is it okay if I could only make it to the dessert party event at epcot that week? I won't be able to get off for any more than that at work.
    Most certainly! I do understand; however, that there will be prize drawings held on a different day and time for Tikifest attendees. No date and time has been announced for the prize drawings.

Hope to see you there.
    Last edited by ADP; 03-03-2009 at 04:14 PM.

squishybear is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm gonna be working at disney around that time.
    Is Tikifest just going to be that dinner party event, or is it like a mini-mousefest?
    If so, is the 55 dollars listed on their website for the desert party only or for the whole week?

ADP
    Quote Originally Posted by squishybear View Post
    I'm gonna be working at disney around that time.
    Is Tikifest just going to be that dinner party event, or is it like a mini-mousefest?
    If so, is the 55 dollars listed on their website for the desert party only or for the whole week?
    The main event for Tikifest will be the dessert party at EPCOT; however, I believe Steve will be holding a few other meets during the week for those who've paid for the event.

I think calling it a mini Mousefest is a stretch. If enough people from this forum decide to attend maybe we could have a small meet of our own over at the Poly. Basically, an informal meet unofficial to Tikifest.

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Tikifest 2009 Attendees - Check-In Here

Yeah I agree. It is not intended on being a mini Mousefest. It is directed at the Desert party but since we knew people would be in and out over a two week time frame we have the giveaway planned a different night (I think we are going to do it the 3rd) and some impromptu meetings on a few other nights since most of us will be staying at the Polynesian. I know we are going to have a big ĎOhana Dinner for Len on his birthday (August 1) and get together after dinner to say Happy Birthday to him. We usually have some nights we all meet up at the beach to watch the fireworks or go into a park but there is no rigid schedule of things. The only thing we charge for (or I should say Disney charges for) is the desert party and Illuminations viewing) and you donít have to book one of the group rate rooms to go to the party and you donít have to go to the party to get in on the discounted rooms. The only rule we have is only people with the party bracelets can get raffle tickets for the giveaway stuff.

I just found out that the party is already more than half full and the discounted rooms are getting low on room categories.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

I'm talking fast and furiously to get DH to agree to attend the dessert party. Guess I'd better speed-up my sales pitch. I did try to access the sign-in site and the computer said it wasn't there. I'll have to try again.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Tikiman is offline B-Ticket Holder

Well the site where the sign in stuff is has just been upgraded so it might still have a few bugs. You can always call Lisa at Magical Vacations.

Hope to see you there.