Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Indianapolis Disney Meet - All Welcome! in the Vacation Planning forums; 2nd Annual Indianapolis Labor Day Disney Meet Hi Everyone, Last Labor Day weekend 2008 we held our first annual Indianapolis Disney meet. Approximately 80 Disney fans attended from as far ...
    ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder

Indianapolis Disney Meet - All Welcome!

2nd Annual Indianapolis Labor Day Disney Meet

Hi Everyone,

Last Labor Day weekend 2008 we held our first annual Indianapolis Disney meet. Approximately 80 Disney fans attended from as far as Northeast Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Chicago, IL, and all over Indiana. This years crowd is expected to be larger.

We are holding the 2nd annual meet again over Labor Day weekend. Like last year, there will be no cost to attend this event; however, there will be charitable contribution activities taking place periodically throughout the meet. We also ask that you bring a covered dish so we have enough food for everyone to enjoy. Feel free to bring Disney recipes and dishes found at Walt Disney World.

The intent of the meet is to get to know other Disney enthusiasts like us and have some fun and laughs along the way. I'm looking forward to seeing several of you there.

This meet is open to anyone willing to drive or even fly to the Indianapolis area. We'd love to have you join us. I'm hopeful to have several Hoosiers and other friends from other states join us in the Indianapolis area. If enough out-of-town guests join us we may have additional activities on the Sunday following the meet.

There will be several fun and exciting elements to the meet.
    Kids activities:
    Face Painting
    Art of Disney Animation Drawing Class
    Coloring
    Disney Bingo
    Kids Trivia Challenge

Other Activities:
    Adult Scavenger Hunt
    Silent Auction
    Disney Pin Trading
    and more!

Prizes:
    Prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour through a random drawing. Prizes will include Disney Gift cards, souveneirs from Walt Disney World, and more.

Information about the meet is below. Post here if you can make it or just to say hi!

Hope to see you at the meet!

Aaron

Indianapolis Meet Information
    Date: Saturday, September 5th 2009
    Time: 1:00PM - 6:00PM
    Food: Pitch-In Format.
    Where: Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds - O.V. Winks Building
    2003 Pleasant St
    Noblesville, IN 46060-3627
    Facility Information
    Hamilton County Fairgrounds and Exhibition Center
    Directions to the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=No...&zipcode=46060

Re: Indianapolis Disney Meet - All Welcome!

Sounds like fun but I'll be in Disneyland!!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

ADP

Hi Everyone,
    I just wanted to post and let everyone know the Indy meet is fast approaching; Sept 5th. We currently have 90 people signed up to attend the meet. All our welcome, so if you are in the area (or even if you're not) please consider attending. As Lou mentioned in this week's WDW Radio Podcast these types of meets are very magical.

I wanted to give some highlights of the meet our committee has planned:
    - There will be a charity, silent auction with some spectacular items you can bid on. One of the items you can bid on is a 7-night stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort.
    - There will be several prizes awarded at the top of each hour. Included in the prizes are $25 & $50 Disney gift cards, Disney merchandise, and other merchandise donated by several national retailers.
    - There will be a special spot for pin Trading.
    - Kids activities which include coloring and decorating EPCOT masks and Art in Disney Animation drawing class.
    - Authentic Dole Whips will be served

I also want to stress that this meet is completely free. All you need to do is bring in a covered dish or some sort of food item to contribute to the food table. All of the auction items, activity items and prizes for this meet are donated by Disney, other fan communities, Disney enthusiasts, and various vendors related to Disney to make this meet as magical as possibe.

If you have any questions about the meet please feel free to post them here or send me a private message.

I hope to see you there!

Aaron DelPrince
    Last edited by ADP; 08-24-2009 at 11:04 AM.

ADP

Friday, Sept. 4th
    Hi Everyone,
    The 2nd annual Indy Meet is about to kickoff soon. I'll consider it started as soon as I pick up a friend at the Indy airport in a few hours. Many Disney fans are already on their way here by car or even plane. To say that I'm excited is and understatement. The planning for the meet started back in April and the weekend is finally upon us. There's been a good deal of planning and a lot of help from many other Disney fans behind the scenes. A meet like this can't happen without help from others. Everyone who is attending the meet is bringing some form of food, some even "kicked it up a notch" by bringing dishes only found at some of our favorite Disney restaurants.

Some of the main activities planned are a silent auction to benefit Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida. We've got some great auciton items lined up thanks to some very generous people and businesses. The kids actviites will have their own space inside the building. Some of the kids activities include face painting, "Art of Disney Animation" drawing class, and decorating Kidcot masks (special thanks to Enrique at EPCOT's guest services for aquiring them for us). There will also be an adult scavenger hunt. Those who complete the hunt will be eligable for a fabulous prize. Other prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour during the meet. Some of the prizes include Disney gift cards, A Disney Halloween pack, Disney collectable watches, and much, much more. Oh! And how could I forget....Authentic Dole Whips will be served at the far end of the dessert table next to, what I believe, will be one heck of a cupcake display. I'd like to think Disney World has moved its address to Indy for at least one day. Well, maybe not, but we can dream, can't we?
    Although I'm not sure how everything is going to transpire this weekend, the one thing I know for sure is we will be seeing several of our friends and making new friends this weekend while sharing in a common bond of all things Disney related.....And how on earth can you beat that!?!?! Yes, it is possible to carry the magic outside the parks......
    More to come!

ADP

Saturday, September 5th

Hi Everyone,

Phew! What fun! Thanks to everyone for coming out today. We had a great time! A total of 75 plus were in attendance today. All the food and activites were great. Thanks to everyone for participating in all the activities; especially the silent auction. We raised $1500 for Give Kids the World throughout the course of the meet. GREAT JOB EVERYONE! And, special thanks to everyone who donated an auction itme or prize to the meet. Your generosity is much appreciated and helped make the Indy a meet a success for all the right reasons.
    A meet like this doesn't happen without the help of many people. Thanks to everyone who played a role in making the meet a success. Just seeing the food on the table was an accomplisment. The food was awesome, and some dishes were over the top. A special thanks goes to Jason, Susan, Brandie and Matthew for doing such a wonderful job wit our Tiki Corner which included authentic Dole Whips and great cupcakes!

Thanks to everyone who supplied food for the meet. The table was full of great food to sample. Yummmo!

Somebody brought Mickey rice krispy treats!

We walked into the hall this morning and everything was empty as we expected.

[IMG]
    After some hard work the hall was setup for the meet.
    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/cdpa4d/CopyofPicture261-1.jpg[/IMG]
    In the opposite corner of the hall we had kids activities. The kids activities included Art of Disney Animation drawing class, coloring, a limbo contest on the front stage, Nemo Hot Potato game, and a Kidcot Fun Spot where the children could decorate their own Kidcot masks.

Art of Disney Animation

Part of the meet included a silent auction table which included items like a 7 night stay at Sheraton Vistana Resort and much, much more. Together we raised $1500 for Give Kids the World. Thanks Everyone!

So, another Indy Meet has come and gone. It was great seeing everyone again. This time we did something truly amazing. We raised money for a very worthy cause. It just goes to show you, having fun and doing something life changing at the same time is possible.
    Until next year...."See You Real Soon"!!!