Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: When in 2011 would you prefer to have a WDW Radio cruise on the Disney Dream?

Voters
177. This poll is closed
  • Inaugural cruise (or first available sailing)

82 46.33%
  • January/February 2011

39 22.03%
  • Fall 2011 (likely lowest price)

71 40.11%
  • June - Aug 2011 - school break (likely highest cost)

31 17.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Disney Meets Discuss WDW Radio Cruise aboard the Disney Dream in 2011! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by lorilovestigger Don't quote me on this but IF they would add on park days before the cruise I would think that you could get on a cruise ...
    Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Radio Cruise aboard the Disney Dream in 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Don't quote me on this but IF they would add on park days before the cruise I would think that you could get on a cruise bus from the resort to the Port. but I'm not sure. I've never done a Disney cruise before.

You can take the bus, but it's the same fee. There's no "Free ride"

Nolan, thanks for the quote. I think that's what I am looking for so that gives me a good idea if I do wind up solo.

I did hear from from the agent who got my scan so I am set to book this Monday.

DeboS is offline There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday!
    1062.3 miles from my "Home Away From Home" resort Boardwalk Villas

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    Don't quote me on this but IF they would add on park days before the cruise I would think that you could get on a cruise bus from the resort to the Port. but I'm not sure. I've never done a Disney cruise before.
    Yes you're right, you can get DCL from most but not all resorts. We've done 3 cruises but only used DCL buses for the last one from the GF. We used Tiffany TownCar for the others. I like staying at the resorts before the cruise but after we're wiped and usually just want to rest. I have pics of older DS sound asleep in the limo (normally a limo ride would keep his attention) and another of little DS falling asleep face first into his pasta at the Y&B after the cruise.

CarinaBelle is offline A-Ticket holder

What kind of stateroom is everyone planning on staying in? My husband and I are thinking veranda, but I am afraid to see the cost!

Red Helicopter is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by CarinaBelle View Post
    What kind of stateroom is everyone planning on staying in? My husband and I are thinking veranda, but I am afraid to see the cost!
    We went for an inside stateroom... we always get a veranda, but we thought this would be a good chance to see what an inside room is like... for 2 reasons:

1.) I think we'll be spending more time out of our room on this cruise than any other
    2.) Virtual Porthole! I don't want to have to force my way into someone else's room to check it out!
    The Red Helicopter
    . . . Always hangin' out around Epcot!

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have asked for inside. A little worried that I won't get it since they seem very popular, but for a solo it's hard to justify oceanview.

cindymouse6 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just listened to the podcast -- DH and I had decided not to go on another Disney cruise... looking for Royal Carribean instead, but after hearing all the new stuff and sailing with adult friends, my DH agreed to let us book the cruise IF we don't take kids! We have 4 kids, and must book 2 rooms when we go so it doubles our cost... this way it's just us off on a romantic cruise with avid Disney fans like us!
    cindymouse6
    DVC members Old Key West, Beach Club, Bay Lake Towers
    30+ visits and still adding them on!
    New Years 2014, WDW marathon weekend 2014, Bay lake MK view 2014, Food and wine Festival 2014 Premium annual passholder!!!!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

OK, Lou... deep breaths....

WOW! I'm SO SO very excited about this!!! The last few weeks and days were nothing compared to the past 24 hours, as things are moving forward and our "Dream" is becoming a reality!

Some people have booked already, and many other forms have been faxed in, so it looks already like we're going to have a wonderful group on board!

I can't wait to see and hear more details about what's in store (and on board), and of course reveal a few surprises of my own

As for the interior stateroom vs. verandah, I do love being able to sit outside in the morning or when coming back to relax on your own little balcony, but I have to admit that there's something very intriguing about the Virtual Porthole!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

johnatthebar is offline C-Ticket Holder

I'm stoked. I am a cruise snob, having been on dozens of cruises ranging from simple NCL Caribbean cruises to Cunard Baltic voyages and despite my standards, the Wonder two years back was an amazing experience. They really know what they are doing, so the Dream is sure to knock down my already high expectations.

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks for all the good information...

I thought you might need a passport now (we didn't for the Wonder cruise in 2005), but according to the posts you may be able to substitute with a birth certificate and photo ID. Although, if I have to pay for a certified copy of my birth certificate, I may just get another passport (mine expired a couple years ago).

I am still watching to see how much an ocean view with verandah (cat5) will be for 2 adults and almost 4 year old. We stayed in an ocean view room with portal back in 2005, but we got a land/sea package so I can't easily compare the prices. Planning to send in my form this week.

Also, waiting to hear what type of room Lou gets...
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

I requested an inside, also - but the cabin can't be booked until next week. I'm crossing my fingers that there will still be some left!

I was very pleasantly surprised by DCL's prices for the post-inaugural cruises. I fully expected Disney to charge at least 50% more than for the 2010 Wonder cruises - but they didn't.

HappyGrumpy is offline B-Ticket Holder

So Ready for Monday to get here so I can book! I have to book an inside stateroom as I promised my husband since we are booked on Alaska MV to keep our cost way down!

Now I am off to sell a kidney!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Are you joining us on the WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream?

If so, come by and add yourself to the list on this thread in the forums: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/wdw-r...tml#post845487
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

04CP_ Nolan is offline Dole Float + POTC= Good Day

Actually I'm not a club member, never cruised before. I got in touch with her since she's handling my Feb. WDW trip, to see if she could give me an idea of what I might be looking at for Monday. I was quite surprised as well, if I give her my info now then she can get me set up and updated on Monday the 9th.

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have been watching the prices people posted over on Disboards.com and it seems like they are trying to sell out the cruise by offering lower prices. After thinking about it, I realized they would create more buzz and demand by quickly filling the ship for the first couple months. Also, it seems the prices are about $300/person more for the maiden voyage (MV).

I will add our names to the list of those going once I have a confirmed reservation. Right now, only the very few Gold and Platinum members have a guaranteed space on the ship.
    Last edited by dusten; 11-05-2009 at 03:38 PM.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player

I have moved the last 5 posts from this thread to our newly created thread
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/disne...ds-wisdom.html

Where we encourage everyone to share their questions, comments and words of wisdom about the upcoming cruise!

Feel free to head over there and post!
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213