Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney Meets Discuss DC Metro Area Meet! in the Vacation Planning forums; Alright.. December 5th is definitely on! Lori.. It would be fun to make a weekend of it in DC. It's a great city!...
    disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

Re: DC Metro Area Meet!

Alright.. December 5th is definitely on! Lori.. It would be fun to make a weekend of it in DC. It's a great city!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Alright! That makes Lori, disneymaniac87, myself (and will drag my DW with me as well )!!!

Anyone else out there want to come? Speak up and be heard!!!

How does everyone feel about the plan? Any suggestions to add to the itenerary? I have never done one of the meet & greets, so I have no past exprience to draw from. I would like to try to plan something else, but other than hitting a restaurant for dinner, I'm kinda drawing a blank.

I thought that for ease of recognizing each other, we should all wear something Disney related. And for the number of cupcakes, I can't really see needing to bring more that 6/person or couple...that way you have enough to trade!

Is there anyone that has any special dietary needs? Glutton free? Allergies to nuts (aside from the WDW type)! Let everyone know just in case.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    That would work for me as long as the weather is good. It's probably a 7-8 hour drive for me but I'd make a weekend out of it.
    That's quite a drive Lori! Let me know next time you'll make it since DC is only about 2 hours for me....but on the 5th will be 18 hours drive I think.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

So is this still on?? I talked to Lori.. and she said she doesn't know if she can make it down... I also had a family commitment that came up that I can't get out of Maybe another weekend..
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Sorry, I'm just finding this thread right now. I would love to meet up with some fellow Disney lovers! When you all reschedule I hope to be able to join you! I am in NoVa so downtown DC is just about 20 minutes for me.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Well...if we are all too busy to celebrate Walt's B-day ....then I guess we'll have to reschedule....

Everyone pitch in your ideas/suggestions for when will work for you.

I'm good for the following Saturday - 12/12!

We could have a theme of the 12 days of Christmas as that is when they start! Plus, all the DC Christmas Trees will be up at the capital and the white house!

ReAnSt is offline A-Ticket holder

I would possibly be interested in a DC area meet. I am about three hours from DC.
    Becky

I think the 12th is okay.. but I have to look at my schedule. I feel like there is something going on, but I don't know what it is!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

I hate to say this, but the 12th just got taken over by my business...so I can't make the 12th. As of right now, the 19th is open, but could go quickly. Any other thoughts peoples? I am available during the week if anyone else is.

JulFromMD is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow... talk about kismet. I was actually looking around the forums to see if anyone had anything scheduled during our trip to Florida next week, but saw this and was pretty amazed at the magic. (But come on, it's Disney...why should I be amazed?)

Earlier this year I started the MD/DC Area Disney Travel Fans meetup group on Meetup.com. We've had a handful of meetups doing things like looking over old travel materials, sharing our most recent vacation photos, and going to see the documentary Walt and El Grupo downtown in DC.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, given the reason), as the group was really getting warmed up, my husband and I found out the wonderful news that we're expecting. For the past couple months, that has meant me basically not having energy to schedule anything nor be able to go out anywhere because of the physical "fun" of the first trimester.

I've been trying to figure out what to do with the group itself, as there's great people and I'd hate to see the group fold just because I'm not physically able to handle meetups at this point (although I'm hoping that the second trimester gets better!). So if there's anyone who would like to schedule things through the meetup software, let me know and I can see about getting whoever set up with some managerial access. The account is paid for through next summer, and I hate to see it just sit idle, ya know?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12