Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Just talk to your MEI agent about the dessert party, and they'll give you all the info and you buy your ticket from them if you're interested. You do need ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party

Just talk to your MEI agent about the dessert party, and they'll give you all the info and you buy your ticket from them if you're interested. You do need to be staying on property before the cruise and have booked it through MEI though.

That's the only official WDW radio event going on before/after the cruise (at the moment anyways) so don't worry, you're not too far behind!

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

I thought tickets to the Illuminations VIP Dessert Party on Sat. night were included with a 2-night package with MEI Mouse Fan Travel? We're staying two nights at Pop Century on a pre-cruise package, taking the chartered bus to the port on Sunday morning. On Thursday we're renting a car after we get off the ship, driving to WDW and staying 4 nights at the Boardwalk on points. On Monday, we drive to the airport, return the rental car, and fly home. Can't believe it's only 2 months away!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

I thought it was extra.... at least the total quote I got for one night before the cruise plus our two tickets to the dessert party were more than what was quoted for just the room. And I know I had to ask for the tickets to get them. Maybe I'm wrong though? hmmm

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think some of the travel agents just include the VIP Illuminations party in your quote. If you wanted to add somebody you would probably find out its an additional $25/person.

www.DisneyPrincessHalfMarathon.com is the link I got memorized to check how many days until cruise. Also joining the Disney Cruise Line | Facebook group on Facebook gets you all the latest updates and link to blog postings.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by dusten View Post
    I started the one for the VIP Illuminations party as many people were going, but nobody was talking about it. You can go to the party if you booked your stay with MEI Mouse Fan Travel the night before the cruise (Sat, Feb 26). It's $25/person and of course requires a park ticket to Epcot.
    I thought the Illuminations Dessert Party was a freebie for those who booked a minimum number of pre-cruise hotel nights through MEI.

**Oops - didn't see all these other posts after dusten's on the previous page! The parties have (in the past) been free with a minimum WDW resort booking. We are staying off-site, and I expect to be at Universal Saturday night rather than at Epcot.
    Last edited by NancyIL; 12-27-2010 at 01:38 PM.

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

Thanks, I am using my DVC points for before and after so only booked the cruise with MEI. I guess I will find out my cabin when I get my cruise documents and know where I am on the ship. fingers crossed for an upgrade. (although I do want to keep an inside cabin with the porthole video)
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

The Dessert party was $25 a person for those booking & staying on site with MEI precruise. I did the booking when it became available.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    The Dessert party was $25 a person for those booking & staying on site with MEI precruise. I did the booking when it became available.
    The dessert party was complimentary in Dec. 2009 after the "Reunion" cruise with a minimum number of resort nights booked through MEI. The text for the Feb. party makes it sound like it is also included if you book 2 nights with MEI. To me, the words "Book this Mouse Fan Deal & Get Admission for 2 guests to a VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert party Hosted By Lou Mongello" doesn't mean fork over another $25 pp. Personally, I would not pay $25 extra to attend another dessert party in addition to peak season resort prices!

Packages
    Last edited by NancyIL; 12-28-2010 at 08:18 PM.

Well I guess it was inside but we still got a great deal for the whole trip. As a matter of fact I remember hearing friends say to just do the MK dessert party it was $25. So that's probably where the amount charge came from.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    To me, the words "Book this Mouse Fan Deal & Get Admission for 2 guests to a VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert party Hosted By Lou Mongello" doesn't mean fork over another $25 pp. Personally, I would not pay $25 extra to attend another dessert party in addition to peak season resort prices!
    I wouldn't say it's peak season resort prices... I have an AP and it's 42% off at the Deluxe Resorts for the AP rate after the cruise, so I was going to switch it... but it ends up being about $10 MORE expensive than the group rate that we get with MEI. So I would say we're getting a pretty good deal! I usually go at least an hour (I've waited more than 2 though!) hours before a fireworks show before so I can get good photos, so I would say paying $25 for a good spot plus dessert isn't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    I wouldn't say it's peak season resort prices... I have an AP and it's 42% off at the Deluxe Resorts for the AP rate after the cruise, so I was going to switch it... but it ends up being about $10 MORE expensive than the group rate that we get with MEI. So I would say we're getting a pretty good deal! I usually go at least an hour (I've waited more than 2 though!) hours before a fireworks show before so I can get good photos, so I would say paying $25 for a good spot plus dessert isn't so bad.
    Maybe you wouldn't say it's a peak season price, but WDW classifies Feb. 25 and 26 as "peak season." I said nothing about post-cruise resort prices.

MEI advertises the dessert party for two people as a bonus for booking the two pre-cruise nights with them. (I included a link to their web site...read it!) If you booked your WDW resort through them, there should be no charge for the dessert party for the first two people.
    Last edited by NancyIL; 01-01-2011 at 03:02 PM.

What does it matter if it's peak season if we're getting over 40% off the room rate? Again, you said "Personally, I would not pay $25 extra to attend another dessert party in addition to peak season resort prices! " .... but you're NOT in addition to peak season prices. I would say that discount worth booking with MEI... and you don't have to go to the dessert party if you don't want to.

I do see how that website could be misleading though, I didn't read that before and I've never had the impression that the dessert party was free... so I think everywhere else it was straight that it would cost $25 a person... funny how that's worded like it is included. Although it does say below that on the same page that the package includes an "Invitation for 2 guests to attend a VIP IllumiNations viewing & dessert party. " which to me doesn't imply it's free, but rather you get the opportunity to go. People who don't book with them don't get the opportunity at all to go.

Ah, no I see where that website page is confusing. They're showing a package deal that includes a 2 night pre cruise hotel stay, the dessert party and transportation to the cruise. Cause the room rate they're listing is NOT what I paid... but I'm only staying one night before the cruise and I'm using my own transportation. So if you booked that exact 2 night package, the price will include the dessert party. Or at least that's my understanding of that page... I know I didn't have to book 2 nights before to get the party, but I needed to pay the $25 for the party in addition, and if I wanted to do the transportation to the port it was extra as well.

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    What does it matter if it's peak season if we're getting over 40% off the room rate? Again, you said "Personally, I would not pay $25 extra to attend another dessert party in addition to peak season resort prices! " .... but you're NOT in addition to peak season prices. I would say that discount worth booking with MEI... and you don't have to go to the dessert party if you don't want to.

I do see how that website could be misleading though, I didn't read that before and I've never had the impression that the dessert party was free... so I think everywhere else it was straight that it would cost $25 a person... funny how that's worded like it is included. Although it does say below that on the same page that the package includes an "Invitation for 2 guests to attend a VIP IllumiNations viewing & dessert party. " which to me doesn't imply it's free, but rather you get the opportunity to go. People who don't book with them don't get the opportunity at all to go.
    I am not staying at WDW pre-cruise, and I personally don't care what people are charged for their rooms or the dessert party. However, there is definitely some confusion about the extra charge for the party, and I pointed out what MEI's web site says. It's a package deal: book 2 nights with MEI and get admission for 2 to the Illuminations Dessert Party. (That's how it was after the Dec. 2009 Reunion cruise that was booked through MEI.) Some people have said they did that and were still charged $25 for the party. If that's the way it's supposed to be, then MEI needs to change the text in their ad as it's very misleading. They're also still mentioning rooms post-cruise for the Princess half-marathon, which was changed to Feb. 27 long ago.

**Just saw your post. The included transportation is Magical Express - which is free for anyone between the airport and WDW. That is not transportation to the port.
    Last edited by NancyIL; 01-01-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast