Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Hm well then maybe they should. I didn't look at the website really and just personally talked to my travel agent, so I wasn't aware there was such a huge ...
    zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party

Hm well then maybe they should. I didn't look at the website really and just personally talked to my travel agent, so I wasn't aware there was such a huge confusion for everyone. I didn't even KNOW they had packages laid out like that on their website haha, I just assume that whatever the deal is it will be quoted to me by the travel agent and explained by them

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Hm well then maybe they should. I didn't look at the website really and just personally talked to my travel agent, so I wasn't aware there was such a huge confusion for everyone. I didn't even KNOW they had packages laid out like that on their website haha, I just assume that whatever the deal is it will be quoted to me by the travel agent and explained by them
    I prefer to see things in writing, rather than trust what someone says - including a travel agent.

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

My TA has not tried to "quote" or explain much so the web page has had to be the resource

I figure a personalized quote for my requests with each item listed with a price and then the exact total for me (in writing... it was an emailed document) is more accurate than a general thing on a website.

That's too bad Carolla that the travel agent hasn't quoted or explained anything to you... and frustrating! Did you try requesting to switch to someone else? No point using an agent if you're doing all the work yourself, that's really the whole point! I really like my agent, she's been helpful with all of my questions and when I kept changing my plans and resorts she patiently gave me new quotes (I think I've had about a dozen different quotes done up before I finally booked haha) and when I called to give credit card info one day we ended up talking for almost a full hour about the trip and previous trips we've been on and just Disney in general... she's great!

Although I must say that I'm not sure I would use a travel agent on most of my trips, just cause I loooove planning my trips... For this trip it's been useful and I'm glad (she's done lots of things for me I wouldn't have known how to do, and I know nothing about cruises), but really for a regular, typical Disney trip I think I would just rather do it myself But I'm the type of person who has to force myself not to start packing months before a trip hehe

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

This is one thing I have to say about MEI, they are wonderful. I love the agents we've worked with DD last year & now for this cruise. We have save a great deal of money on this trip we wouldn't have done it otherwise. I have dealt with on another agency who did nothing for us but take money, not call me back, not help book anything, not explain anything. We dropped them for travel after that trip. I was doing everything on my own. Normally I do book my own trips with my BF as she is DVC. But, DH & I agreed that MEI is the best & we would use them again! We are not agents they are the professionals & the items listed on the website I'm sure changes for every person & the explanations aren't always explained well. I am in customer service & you wouldn't believe how many different answers I here in 1 day! Please just enjoy the trip! Lets just concentrate on the fun we will be having. 54 days I believe until we sale.

If you have Netflix check out the WDW DCL video they have posted we did last night & go really more excited.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Ya I agree, I would have had no clue what to do to book this cruise, and I'm soooo grateful to MEI for all they've done to help me, they've been great! For a lot of my trips I drive down, I have an AP and I use the AP discount on the room, so really no need for a travel agent... but I'm so glad I finally got a chance to use MEI. When I get married I'm going on a Disney honeymoon and I would for SURE use them then because there's so many extra stuff I want to plan that I don't know about

I don't have netflix, I wonder if I can find the video online? I'm SO super excited!!!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Ya I agree, I would have had no clue what to do to book this cruise, and I'm soooo grateful to MEI for all they've done to help me, they've been great! For a lot of my trips I drive down, I have an AP and I use the AP discount on the room, so really no need for a travel agent... but I'm so glad I finally got a chance to use MEI. When I get married I'm going on a Disney honeymoon and I would for SURE use them then because there's so many extra stuff I want to plan that I don't know about

I don't have netflix, I wonder if I can find the video online? I'm SO super excited!!!
    Yay Disney Honeymoon. Just for DD trip 4 days they did a great job. So I know yours will be wonderful.

Yes you can I seen them offering them again so order the video right from WDW site!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by zeusywoo View Post
    This is one thing I have to say about MEI, they are wonderful. I love the agents we've worked with DD last year & now for this cruise. We have save a great deal of money on this trip we wouldn't have done it otherwise. I have dealt with on another agency who did nothing for us but take money, not call me back, not help book anything, not explain anything. We dropped them for travel after that trip. I was doing everything on my own. Normally I do book my own trips with my BF as she is DVC. But, DH & I agreed that MEI is the best & we would use them again! We are not agents they are the professionals & the items listed on the website I'm sure changes for every person & the explanations aren't always explained well. I am in customer service & you wouldn't believe how many different answers I here in 1 day! Please just enjoy the trip! Lets just concentrate on the fun we will be having. 54 days I believe until we sale.

If you have Netflix check out the WDW DCL video they have posted we did last night & go really more excited.
    Sadly my expereince with my agent has not been near that good. Response is very slow and I have to "chase" I never got any info on pre and post cruise booking options for example. I kind of feel like you did with your first agency. For example, I asked for a quote on the Hyatt because she said they had rate she could access via DCL. Had to call her back and got "I think it's" (AKA as I didn't really check) (I did book it myself for a pretty good rate!)

I have not complained I am certain the agent is going to be on the cruise and I don't want a "scene" but it will impact future decisions I will give Beci some feedback later since I think she deserves to know.) One of my friends is on the cruise with a different agent and seems much happier with her agent.

I wouldn't say it's peak season resort prices... I have an AP and it's 42% off at the Deluxe Resorts for the AP rate after the cruise, so I was going to switch it... but it ends up being about $10 MORE expensive than the group rate that we get with MEI. So I would say we're getting a pretty good deal! I usually go at least an hour (I've waited more than 2 though!) hours before a fireworks show before so I can get good photos, so I would say paying $25 for a good spot plus dessert isn't so bad.
    Now that I'm looking at AP resort rates post-cruise vs. MEI's rates (as listed on their web site) - the AP rates are much better. Example - March 3-7 at the Beach Club is $898 pp double occupancy with MEI, or $1796 for the room vs. $1064 AP rate for the room. The least expensive AP rate at the Grand Floridian (outer bldg. garden view) is $1298 for 4 nights. MEI's web page may not reflect the most up-to-date prices, but I would have your agent recheck their prices vs the AP rate. If the AP rate is lower, your agent should be able to change you to the lower rate.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    Now that I'm looking at AP resort rates post-cruise vs. MEI's rates (as listed on their web site) - the AP rates are much better. Example - March 3-7 at the Beach Club is $898 pp double occupancy with MEI, or $1796 for the room vs. $1064 AP rate for the room. The least expensive AP rate at the Grand Floridian (outer bldg. garden view) is $1298 for 4 nights. MEI's web page may not reflect the most up-to-date prices, but I would have your agent recheck their prices vs the AP rate. If the AP rate is lower, your agent should be able to change you to the lower rate.

Wow... ya I don't know where you got your rates, but I got the beach club for $262 a night, which would be $1064 for the stay you listed.... $16 LESS than the AP rate. Again- the travel agent is able to give a customized quote for each individual person based on updates as to how to give you a lowered cost for your trip... MEI is always looking for you. The website may say one thing, but the travel agent is going to actively look to see if there's better price. So the group rate was lowered by Disney a number of times (and we were re-quoted each time) and it ended up being the better deal. If you've never used MEI for booking at Disney World and you're not using them now, I would maybe stop bashing them so much... you really aren't qualified to give a review of something you've never used, and you've been getting a lot of the facts wrong...

Oh, and at one point the group rates were lower than the AP rate, and that's what I was booking with, but then it went lower and the day it did my TA contacted me and changed my reservation to reflect the cheaper price... something I wouldn't have ever known if she had not of told me and she could have probably "got away with" not doing. She also sent me a Mickey keychain to have a reminder of the trip and get excited... not sure if everyone got those or just me? Anyways, I've for sure had a wonderful experience with them

Wow... ya I don't know where you got your rates, but I got the beach club for $262 a night, which would be $1064 for the stay you listed.... $16 LESS than the AP rate. Again- the travel agent is able to give a customized quote for each individual person based on updates as to how to give you a lowered cost for your trip... MEI is always looking for you. The website may say one thing, but the travel agent is going to actively look to see if there's better price. So the group rate was lowered by Disney a number of times (and we were re-quoted each time) and it ended up being the better deal. If you've never used MEI for booking at Disney World and you're not using them now, I would maybe stop bashing them so much... you really aren't qualified to give a review of something you've never used, and you've been getting a lot of the facts wrong...
    FYI - I used MEI in Dec. 2009 for the WDW Today Reunion cruise and post-cruise WDW resort stay. My facts are based on the information on MEI's web site. If the info is incorrect, then MEI is incorrect. If their group rates are much lower now, they need to change them on the web site: Packages

Planning to travel during the Princess Marathon Weekend dates? You don't have to be a runner to take advantage of this exclusive deal that features great rates and a special in-room amenity from Mouse Fan Travel - March 3-7, 2011.
    Your package includes:
    ~ 4 nights at a select Disney Resort
    ~ Disney's Magical Express
    ~ Room tax

Disney's All Star Movies Resortstandard $269 *pp/do
    Disney's Port Orleans Resort-Riversidestandard $358 *pp/do
    Disney's Wilderness Lodgestandard $684 *pp/do
    Disney's Beach Club Resortstandard $898 *pp/do
    Last edited by NancyIL; 01-03-2011 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    The AP rate for 4 nights at the Beach Club is $1064 - as I stated above, and that's what you just said you are paying! Once again - I am getting my info about MEI's resort rates from their web site. If their group rates are much lower now, they need to change them on the web site: Packages
    Ya sorry, I meant $1048 (I edited my response and erased the sentence with that in it, and accidentally re-wrote the wrong number...). Anyways, its $16 cheaper than the AP rate.

I just don't see why you're so adamant about bashing them... you think they're horrible, you've stated it many times... people have disagreed and that's all there is too it. Especially when you said "I personally don't care what people are charged for their rooms or the dessert party". Obviously you DO because you keep going on and on about it, and before you said "Personally, I would not pay $25 extra to attend another dessert party in addition to peak season resort prices!". You kind of keep changing your mind as to whether you care or not...

I'm done arguing about it, no matter what you say you can't convince me that MEI is doing a bad job with my vacation, because they're NOT and I've had a wonderful experience. If you want to keep pointing out every little fault you can find on the internet then go for it... I'm just excited for my vacation and I don't want to have to deal with any more negativity. I'm happy with my experience and I'm going to have GREAT vacation, and I hope you have a magical trip

Ya sorry, I meant $1048 (I edited my response and erased the sentence with that in it, and accidentally re-wrote the wrong number...). Anyways, its $16 cheaper than the AP rate.

I just don't see why you're so adamant about bashing them... you think they're horrible, you've stated it many times... people have disagreed and that's all there is too it. Especially when you said "I personally don't care what people are charged for their rooms or the dessert party". Obviously you DO because you keep going on and on about it, and before you said "Personally, I would not pay $25 extra to attend another dessert party in addition to peak season resort prices!". You kind of keep changing your mind as to whether you care or not...

I'm done arguing about it, no matter what you say you can't convince me that MEI is doing a bad job with my vacation, because they're NOT and I've had a wonderful experience. If you want to keep pointing out every little fault you can find on the internet then go for it... I'm just excited for my vacation and I don't want to have to deal with any more negativity. I'm happy with my experience and I'm going to have GREAT vacation, and I hope you have a magical trip
    When I multiplied $262 by 4, I understood what you meant and edited my post.

I am not bashing MEI! I have said in each of my earlier posts that the dessert party was advertised as being part of the two-night pre-cruise package, and you insisted that everyone had to pay $25. I think the rates on Feb. 25 and 26 are high (not MEI's fault - they're peak season rates), and I would not pay $25 for the dessert party on top of them. It's a moot point because I won't be at WDW pre-cruise.

I posted some of the AP rates last night because they were so much lower than what MEI showed as the group rates. What I said last night was, "MEI's web page may not reflect the most up-to-date prices, but I would have your agent recheck their prices vs the AP rate. If the AP rate is lower, your agent should be able to change you to the lower rate." It's obvious MEI's web prices are inaccurate, and they might get a lot more people booking resort rooms if they updated their site to show the current rates.

**ETA - I have used the same MEI agent for both cruises (Suzy), and she has been wonderful! I don't know where you get the idea that I think MEI is horrible.
    Last edited by NancyIL; 01-03-2011 at 09:42 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast