Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party in the Vacation Planning forums; Ship has arrived!!!! Here are some pics to give you an idea what the Illuminations VIP Viewing Dessert Party is all about... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BLsB3sugJN...7324nu0mrj.jpg http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...delete(38).jpg http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...2%20level).jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3224/...5e13cd.jpg?v=0 http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/...eae4a7.jpg?v=0 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GiL8YpO_nk...sert_Party.jpg http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwil...t__BLB4284.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/...ec7940.jpg?v=0 ...
    dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Re: VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party

Quote Originally Posted by dusten View Post
    Ship has arrived!!!!
    Here are some pics to give you an idea what the Illuminations VIP Viewing Dessert Party is all about...
    Awesome, thanks!!

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

[QUOTE=dusten;925285]Ship has arrived!!!!
    Here are some pics to give you an idea what the Illuminations VIP Viewing Dessert Party is all about...

How will I control myself that is so delicious yummm. Need to drop 10 before the cruise in order to stay in Lifetime WW. LOL Thank you Very Much!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

Wow, can you gain weight from pictures??
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

I seem too! On each hip that's why I do lots of hip, leg & thigh workouts & abs.
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Dusten, thanks for sharing the picts of the dessert buffets and map.
    Just be aware that there are other locations around the promenade that are used for IllumiNations dessert buffets, depending on the size of your group. The two on your map are certainly the most popular; we have experienced both, with the French Island being our favorite (as long as the wind doesn't blow in that direction, which it seldom does.) We have also had a very nice reception next to the water in front of the Italy Pavilion.
    Also take note, all dessert buffets are not created equal, as you can tell by the pictures. Depending on one's budget, they can get quite elaborate, including alcohol and hors d'oeuvres. I would expect ours to be more on the scale of cookies, brownies, coffee and lemonade. Whatever is served, we are very much looking forward to it and the cruise!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Yes as were are to, it will be nice not to be sardines up to the wall to watch the fireworks as we have in the past! I get that in the elevator ride everyday on the way up to my floor. Cookies, brownies, lemonade, tea, coffee all sound yummy too! I'm not baking it so it will taste so yummy! You know how things are always better when your not slaving I do that all year long! This week I can rest

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Quote Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
    I prefer to see things in writing, rather than trust what someone says - including a travel agent.
    The precruise package was sent to me in writing by my TA back in the beginning. That is how we found out about it and the dessert party. I didn't even know it was on the website. I went off the form that was sent out months and months ago.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by shelbell77 View Post
    The precruise package was sent to me in writing by my TA back in the beginning. That is how we found out about it and the dessert party. I didn't even know it was on the website. I went off the form that was sent out months and months ago.
    I got an e-mail from my travel agent about it, too. However, info about admission for 2 to the dessert party being included when you book a 2-night package is pretty clear on the web site.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I still don't see the point of spending extra money on something like this. Same thing with Wishes. Overpriced cookies to watch fireworks in the sky? I've watched them for free from the TTC, at times, on my way back to my resort. What am I missing here?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I still don't see the point of spending extra money on something like this. Same thing with Wishes. Overpriced cookies to watch fireworks in the sky? I've watched them for free from the TTC, at times, on my way back to my resort. What am I missing here?

Its a choice no one is twisting your arm to do this, watch the fireworks were ever you want.

I am done ranting

You don't have to go if you don't want to. For me, it's a chance to meet up with everyone before we leave, and I'm into photography so it will be nice to not have to go 2 hours ahead to set up my tripod for a good spot. I know you go to Disney World a lot and you don't enjoy firework shows (I may be wrong but I believe that's what you've said before?) but it's my very favourite part of Disney World so ya- worth it to me. Especially Illuminations where much of the show doesn't happen up high in the sky so a good spot is a little more important.

DippyDawg44 is offline A-Ticket holder

My wife (beaky on the forums) our new baby (nathan, 5 months at cruise time) and I will be at the party, see everyone there!!!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    You don't have to go if you don't want to. For me, it's a chance to meet up with everyone before we leave, and I'm into photography so it will be nice to not have to go 2 hours ahead to set up my tripod for a good spot. I know you go to Disney World a lot and you don't enjoy firework shows (I may be wrong but I believe that's what you've said before?) but it's my very favourite part of Disney World so ya- worth it to me. Especially Illuminations where much of the show doesn't happen up high in the sky so a good spot is a little more important.
    As a gathering or group, sure, that makes more sense. A random family paying to watch fireworks while eating cookies? Makes a bit less sense. I've heard horror stories about the Candlelight Processional that have kept me from investing the money in that, too. I'd rather sit at the American pavilion and listen until I get bored, then move on.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

As a gathering or group, sure, that makes more sense. A random family paying to watch fireworks while eating cookies? Makes a bit less sense. I've heard horror stories about the Candlelight Processional that have kept me from investing the money in that, too. I'd rather sit at the American pavilion and listen until I get bored, then move on.
    Hm ya I don't think I would do it on any other occasion. Although I have thought about doing the Wishes dessert party because I've had such hooorrrible times trying to find a spot for the fireworks to set up my tripod before (fighting for a spot with rude people is NOT my idea of fun) plus I loves me some food- but it's pricey so I haven't yet. But again, I love love love fireworks and it's one of the only things my bf loves about Disney as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast