Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party in the Vacation Planning forums; I started this thread to discuss the VIP Illuminations Viewing and Dessert Party. Many people going on the WDW Radio Cruise on February 27, 2011 are going to be at ...
    dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party

I started this thread to discuss the VIP Illuminations Viewing and Dessert Party. Many people going on the WDW Radio Cruise on February 27, 2011 are going to be at the party the night before on Saturday, February 26 at 8pm. Please post if you are going to be at the party and let me know how many people in your group. Maybe a chance to know some others who will be there... I know its Christmas week so post when you get a chance!>)

I will have a total of 5 family members going to the party. I am hoping somebody will post where the special viewing area is located and possibly some of the desserts (or pics) we can expect.

Dusten, Valerie, Sylvia, Debbie, Iva
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Re: VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

We will be there! David, Nancy, & BethAnn.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I'll be there! Angela and Brandon

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

We'll be there: Pat, Anne Marie, John (4) and Adele (2) Chastain.

And let's remind everyone that Deck 6 rules.

Thank you.

voyageofariel is offline Host of the Tiara Talk Show Podcast

Smile Re: VIP IllumiNations Viewing & Dessert Party

(Insert comment here).
    Last edited by voyageofariel; 07-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Party on Deck 7 with the Cool Kids!!

"We're so glad to see you all, shake the rafters fill the hall! Hoop dee doin' it with all our might! Hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it, hoop dee doin it tonight. Ya Hoo!"- Hoop Dee Doo Revue!

Check out the Tiara Talk Podcast on iTunes! Official website: http://www.tiaratalkshowpodcast.com

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

James and Linda from VA checking in! We'll be staying at Pop Century for 2 nights.
    There's no way to know where the dessert buffet will be, until Beci tells us where to report.
    There are 3 possible locations that I know of, the difference being accessibility and the number of people they can handle. The smallest area is along the lagoon below the Rose & Crown, reached by a paved path to the right of the Fish & Chips shop. The next larger area is the 'island' in front of the Italy pavilion, easily reached by steps. And for a really large group, our favorite area is the "French Island", the multi-tiered area below the bridge between the France and United Kingdom pavilions. This area can be isolated very easily and is reached by steps or ramp; there are also walls and planters for sitting. The wind seldom blows in this direction, which is not something that Japan and Morocco can say!
    As far as what's available to eat? That depends on how much they want to spend! The usually have hot coffee, lemonade and hot water for tea and cocoa. Desserts can vary from cookies to brownies to cheesecake. You won't go hungry!
    We just pray that it is warmer than it was a week ago when we saw Illuminations with about a 35 wind chill! Buurrrr!!
    Last edited by dzneynut; 12-18-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

OrionPax is offline A-Ticket holder
    way north of WDW and in a monopoly of an airline that takes me to WDW, aka Minneapolis

We'll be there as well.
    Jason, Heather and Victoria

Deck 7 Rules!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder

We won't be going we didn't book any of our before and after stays with MEI (plus our flight comes in at 6pm ish) and we are staying at the Hyatt and didn't want to pay for park tickets and such

AquaDame is offline A-Ticket holder

We will be there, Shanna & Kyle! Do you need to show up at 8? We're having dinner at Le Cellier at 6:10PM... he has been notified that he will need to roll me back to the resort after this, lol!

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Mom and I will be there! Shelley and Jo
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

NancyIL is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut View Post
    We just pray that it is warmer than it was a week ago when we saw Illuminations with about a 35 wind chill! Buurrrr!!
    Hi, James and Linda. It was nice to see you at Off Kilter last Monday (12/13) when it was so cold! I wanted to see the Candlelight Processional and Illuminations because it was my last night, but I was too cold after being outside most of the day.

No dessert party for us. My roommate (Vicki) and I are staying at Bonnet Creek pre-cruise, and we're planning to go to Universal/IOA on the 25th and 26th.

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Hello! Keith & I (Darlene) will be at the party! Can't wait to meet you all! Happy Holidays Everyone! I'm so excited for the party!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

So how do you sign up for the party. I think I am needing a primer page for all the stuff going on with the podcast cruise for before, during and after.

Help!! lol
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

dusten is offline C-Ticket Holder

In reply to your question here and on the main board about related threads...
    Most of the discussion and conversation is now in threads for each floor. I don't think there is a thread for post-cruise events, although I did see somebody may have started a thread something like "pre cruise post cruise" or "WDW radio cruise before and after". I started the one for the VIP Illuminations party as many people were going, but nobody was talking about it. You can go to the party if you booked your stay with MEI Mouse Fan Travel the night before the cruise (Sat, Feb 26). It's $25/person and of course requires a park ticket to Epcot.

My advice to catch up on WDW Radio cruise happenings is to read as much as you can on the following thread:

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/disne...ds-wisdom.html

I have noticed that most people are now only discussing things with people on their particular cruise deck thread. Sounds like you guys have been around a while since you are DVC members. I am not a DVC member, but love renting points from DVC members and staying in the luxurious villas. After the cruise we are staying at Bay Lake Tower (2-bedroom, theme park view!) for 3 days (on rented points). Will you be staying on deck 6?
    Last edited by dusten; 12-26-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    WDW Radio Cruise 2011

Maturity is only a short break in adolescence.
    Friend me at www.facebook.com/dusten2
    Visit my website at www.dusten.cc

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast