Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Food and Wine with Friends 2011 in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by DisneyTaylors Glad to hear of everyone's positive experience with renting as we were unsure. I have put a couple of feelers out on the renter site, but ...
    Madi100 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Food and Wine with Friends 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyTaylors View Post

Glad to hear of everyone's positive experience with renting as we were unsure. I have put a couple of feelers out on the renter site, but have not gotten a response yet. Jennifer really wants to stay at BCV so if anyone has any BCV points they want to rent, please let us know.
    Bill why don't you put it on Facebook to see if any of your friends have points to rent. I have rented before, but being a DVC owner, the points were just transferred.
    Nicole

DisneyTaylors is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Madi100 View Post
    Bill why don't you put it on Facebook to see if any of your friends have points to rent. I have rented before, but being a DVC owner, the points were just transferred.
    I will give it a try. Thanks for the idea Nicole!
    Bill Jennifer DS11 DD8 DS5

Carolla is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can people who ran the 5K go or just the 1/2? I think the party would be fun. Maybe I could be someone's date.
    Party last year was a DISASTER!

Let's see, have a normal size crowd at Epcot. Close ALL attractions, shops, resturants etc... Open only food booths and some fast food.
    Have entertainment but provide no schedule of where or when

Add 10,000 plus hot and sweaty runners.. (don't forget to close lots of bathrooms for cleaning)

Lines for the food booths went all the way across the showcase walkway. Longest I have EVER seen. Lines for the bathrooms...even longer (I wound up changing out of my running shirt behind a tree!)

Does this sound fun????

Oh and if you didn't run the race you paid $35 for this adventure!

Now I am HOPING they do better this year, but I would be VERY reluctant to recommend anyone PAY for this without some assurances from Disney on (a) size limits and (b) things being open)

Chickie is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi gang. I haven't checked in on this thread yet, but Jeff and I are planning on being there with all our crazy Disney friends. Probably 9/29-10/1. I have a studio at VWL right now, but I would like to move to the Boardwalk area, too, if at all possible.
    I seriously doubt if Jeff and I will partake in any of the running activities, tho.
    I don't sparkle alone. I sparkle in an "Entourage"

Launchpad11B is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Chickie View Post
    Hi gang. I haven't checked in on this thread yet, but Jeff and I are planning on being there with all our crazy Disney friends. Probably 9/29-10/1. I have a studio at VWL right now, but I would like to move to the Boardwalk area, too, if at all possible.
    I seriously doubt if Jeff and I will partake in any of the running activities, tho.
    Awesome. Jeff doesn't have to run. He'll get plenty of exercise at eat & drink around the world!!!!
    Paul~

Renysmom is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Chickie View Post

Yea!!! John will love hearing Jeff will be there (as am I).

It's going to be another great weekend!
    Kelly

Dec 2005 - Off Site ~ Dec 2006 - Off site ~ Dec 2007 - CSR ~ March 2008 - SSR ~ Oct 2008 Wonder Cruise and SSR ~ Oct. 2009 - Magic 7 Day Western ~ Dec 2009- SSR ~ July 2010 - Off site ~ Dec 2010 Wonder Cruise and S/D
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Still to Come - Sept./Oct 2011 Dream Cruise and F/W with Friends, Oct 2012 - 7 Day Eastern on the Fantasy

aspen37 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Can people who ran the 5K go or just the 1/2? I think the party would be fun. Maybe I could be someone's date.
    You can hang out at the start/finish line of the 5K. Not much to see though.

The party at Epcot for the Half Marathon and Relay was insane. It was so packed. I hope Disney opens other stuff up this year other than the food kiosks. I heard people compare it to New Year's Eve crowded. I met Todd and Kim in France at the Fountain. It was a great spot to meet up. We ended up just staying in that area.
    Anna

aspen37 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by tlcoke View Post
    Here is the estimated schedule as I see it based on posts thus far:
    Thursday 9/29

Friday 9/30

Saturday 10/1
    6:00 AM 5K in MK
    10:00 PM 1/2 Marathon/Relay
    Midnight: After Race Party in WS

Sunday 10/2
    11:00 AM SEDATW
    7:00 PM MNSSHP

HHN would have to be on Thursday or Friday Night depending on when it is open.
    I hope Lou does the F&W walkabout on Friday again. It was a great time. It was an easy slow pace last year.
    Anna

ecab0724 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi all. We are thinking about coming as well but it's so not a definite. Normally we wouldn't be able to attend F & W since we are teachers and well it never falls during a break BUT it falls on a Jewish holiday and we are off so I am working on seeing if we can swing it. As it gets closer I will be able to make a better decision. I tried looking up flights but JetBlue doesn't have their flights for end of Sept yet. I checked the Dolphin AAA and Teacher rates for that time and the rates aren't too bad so fingers crossed...

Launchpad11B is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ecab0724 View Post
    Hi all. We are thinking about coming as well but it's so not a definite. Normally we wouldn't be able to attend F & W since we are teachers and well it never falls during a break BUT it falls on a Jewish holiday and we are off so I am working on seeing if we can swing it. As it gets closer I will be able to make a better decision. I tried looking up flights but JetBlue doesn't have their flights for end of Sept yet. I checked the Dolphin AAA and Teacher rates for that time and the rates aren't too bad so fingers crossed...
    Good luck!
    Paul~

DVCsince02 is offline ~~~ Official SES Member ~~~ Enabler!!! ~~~ O ~~~ Just sayin'

Woo Hoo, Erica!
    Jen DH DD7 DS5 DS2

1979-FWC ~ 3/89-Offsite ~ 6/99-CBR ~ 11/01-ASMu ~ 5/04-OKW ~ 11/04-BCV ~ 9/05-SSR ~ 5/07-SSR ~ 12/07-SSR ~ 5/08-OKW ~ 5/09-BCV&DCL&BWV ~
    6/09-AKV&DCL&BWV ~ 12/09-SSR ~ 12/10-VWL&DCL&BLT ~ 10/11-BCV (F&W) ~ 8/2012 DCL in NYC ~ 10/2012 DCL Fantasy ~ 2014 DLR-PARIS ~ 2016 Aulani

Quote Originally Posted by DVCsince02 View Post
    Woo Hoo, Erica!

kimisabella is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ecab0724 View Post
    I'm waiting on Jetblue to put out their schedule as well. We flew Southwest in December out of Islip, but, Vinny wasn't thrilled, so back to JFK and Jetblue we go.....
    The good thing is that it is only the 2 of us, so we'll take the LIRR to Jamaica and get on the airtrain to JFK.
    We'll be taking an afternoon/early evening flight on Wednesday and an afternoon flight back on Sunday.
    Andrea Vinny Kimberly Isabella

Quote Originally Posted by kimisabella View Post
    I'm waiting on Jetblue to put out their schedule as well. We flew Southwest in December out of Islip, but, Vinny wasn't thrilled, so back to JFK and Jetblue we go.....
    The good thing is that it is only the 2 of us, so we'll take the LIRR to Jamaica and get on the airtrain to JFK.
    We'll be taking an afternoon/early evening flight on Wednesday and an afternoon flight back on Sunday.
    Andrea if we go we would go Wed night or early Thurs morning to Sunday. If you hear the JetBlue flights are announced lemme know, I will look out for them too!

KimK is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
    better a glutton for punishment that gluten. =)

I can't stress how helpful it was to be able to retreat to the Boardwalk after the events and how much more time it could have saved if we would have been able to book there. Thanks Kim!!!
    Glad to have you and Anna, Todd. The Boardwalk is the perfect place to stay for the Wine and Dine races.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast