Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Disney Meets Discuss Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by philraw123 Oh, by the way... for the Februrary trip we are going to Disney's Port Orleans - Riverside. Has anyone been here before, how did you find ...
    pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by philraw123 View Post
    Oh, by the way... for the Februrary trip we are going to Disney's Port Orleans - Riverside. Has anyone been here before, how did you find it? The last time we spent at Animal Kingdom lodge.
    Welcome to our little Brit group

I stayed at POR a couple of years ago and it's a really pretty resort. Unfortunately the Pop Warner cheerleaders were staying there so we had a few problems....but if I look at just the positives....the food court is massive, with lots of choice...and you can take a short walk over to PO French Quarter if you want a change of food (food court is smaller there though).

Because of where we were based at POR we quite often avoided the busy bus by getting the French Quarter bus and walking by the river back to Riverside. Lovely, if you have any energy left at the end of the day!

Hope you have a wonderful trip
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post
    I stayed at POR a couple of years ago and it's a really pretty resort. Unfortunately the Pop Warner cheerleaders were staying there so we had a few problems
    They were at All Star Sports when we visited last February and it was an 'experience' to say the least - watching them rehearse their routines whilst we were waiting for our bus to the Parks each morning kept us entertained, if nothing else.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

philraw123 is offline A-Ticket holder

I really like the theme of POR, we're thinking of asking for an 'Alligator Bayou' room as the area looks really peaceful and pretty with lots of trees, and of course the river. I'm sure we'll have to walk by the river for a relaxing walk at the end of a long, busy day!

When you stayed at POR did you get the chance to see the Piano player? (can't think of his name right now ) that show looks fun! Do you know which days the show is on?

The last time we visited was in July, there was extremely hot temperatures however it should be nice weather in Feb (at least we hope so). Have you visited in Feb - April before? We're wondering whether it'll be warm enough to visit the water parks

Haha, I'm so jealous of those of you that have been to the world so many times! XD ... I guess that is partly due to age though (19) - I plan to start going more and more after this trip though! It's such a great place to visit for so many reasons!
    Last edited by philraw123; 08-03-2011 at 11:51 AM.

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi all!

Hope everything is well with everyone and people are enjoying their summers!

Quick note to say we've booked a 10 day jaunt to Orlando for December, so excited! We're doing 3 days on I-Drive to (finally) catch Harry Potter @ IOA then 7 days at All-Star Sports (I beleive Pop Warner will all have left by the time we arrive!).

We still must try and organise a UK MOTM!

Chris.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BrommyCanary View Post
    Hi all!

Hope everything is well with everyone and people are enjoying their summers!

Quick note to say we've booked a 10 day jaunt to Orlando for December, so excited! We're doing 3 days on I-Drive to (finally) catch Harry Potter @ IOA then 7 days at All-Star Sports (I beleive Pop Warner will all have left by the time we arrive!).

We still must try and organise a UK MOTM!

Chris.
    Hey Chris, great to hear you've booked a trip for December, love WDW at Christmas Must say I really enjoyed HP @ IOA (made the Universal Studios part look quite shabby I thought). Fingers crossed for a 'quiet' stay at All Star Sports

I hope to have all the details confirmed for the WDW Radio UK fan meet by the end of this week...I'm just waiting on a phone call to confirm some details....everyone on this thread will be the first to know....
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hello there, Jodie and dramaqueenk.

Quote Originally Posted by philraw123 View Post
    Oh, by the way... for the Februrary trip we are going to Disney's Port Orleans - Riverside. Has anyone been here before, how did you find it? .
    POR is a very pretty resort. Be sure to take the boat down to DTD.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Sorry all I have been hibernating a bit but I am back to it... I have strayed and had a non Disney holiday... even worse it was a non Disney cruise... I know I have sinned... please forgive me - lol. Looks like I wont get to WDW again this year :-( Suppose I was lucky I was was there in April. Hoping to do April 2013 and cant wait to see Fantasyland - anyoen been recently and got news?? x

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

DisneyPhila is offline A-Ticket holder

Howdy! It's a mighty pleasure to meet you all ^_^; I live on the East Coast of England and have been following Lou's podcasts since summer 2010. I finally decided to get involved with the online community and become part of 'the box' I also hope to meet some people via UK Disney meets and perhaps during the Feb 2012 meet of the month as my family is returning to Disney for the second time

DisneyPhila is offline A-Ticket holder

Last edited by DisneyPhila; 09-15-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112