Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Nope theres another Brit!! Me :-) Hi Im Michelle and I live in West Yorkshire near Haworth. I been listening to Lou for around 2 years now, though my partner ...
    MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!!

Nope theres another Brit!! Me :-) Hi Im Michelle and I live in West Yorkshire near Haworth.

I been listening to Lou for around 2 years now, though my partner been listening from the start.

Im getting married on 16th April and for my honeymoon... two weeks in Disney woop woop really excited :-) So counting down the days and finalising my adrs and we got a couple of behind the scenes tours to do too :-)

Nice to meet you all x

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post
    Nope theres another Brit!! Me :-) Hi Im Michelle and I live in West Yorkshire near Haworth.

I been listening to Lou for around 2 years now, though my partner been listening from the start.

Im getting married on 16th April and for my honeymoon... two weeks in Disney woop woop really excited :-) So counting down the days and finalising my adrs and we got a couple of behind the scenes tours to do too :-)

Nice to meet you all x
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Hope you have a wonderful time in WDW - my hubby and I also h'mooned in WDW and it was fantastic!

Which backstage tours are you doing?
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Hi Cara.... We are soooo excited and have finally got the whole 14 days planned!!! I am an excel spreadsheet freak and I have sorted out each day :-) lol.

We doing KTK and the Undiscovered Futureworld... we still debating the Wild Africa Trek (depends on how much wedding present money we get - lol). Also got planned character meets at... breakfast at Tusker House, Lunch at Crystal Palace and Dinner at the Castle. Also squeezed in ADRs for Le Cellier and Sci Fi dinner and tomorrowland desert party... glad Im not having to squeeze in a wedding dress afterwards as this honeymoon is definately all about the food!

Did you get a honeymoon badge when you went? Think Im gonna get the ears too

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Hi Cara.... We are soooo excited and have finally got the whole 14 days planned!!! I am an excel spreadsheet freak and I have sorted out each day :-) lol.

We doing KTK and the Undiscovered Futureworld... we still debating the Wild Africa Trek (depends on how much wedding present money we get - lol). Also got planned character meets at... breakfast at Tusker House, Lunch at Crystal Palace and Dinner at the Castle. Also squeezed in ADRs for Le Cellier and Sci Fi dinner and tomorrowland desert party... glad Im not having to squeeze in a wedding dress afterwards as this honeymoon is definately all about the food!

Did you get a honeymoon badge when you went? Think Im gonna get the ears too
    OMG - reading your post is just like me and my hubby when we were planning our honeymoon - LOL. We managed to shoe-horn about a million thing in to a fortnight and were completely cream-crackered by the time we came back to England - but boy was it worth it! If you do decide to do Wild Africa Trek, would love to hear what you thought of it. We're thinking of doing this when we return next year with my parents... oh, and didn't get a badge as we didn't realise at the time there was such a thing. But we did wear our Mickey wedding ears and got lots of lovely comments from Cast-Members and even a bit of special treatment here and there. Make sure you mention it to all the CMs you meet - you never know if you get a nice surprise every now and then...
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Poking my nose in although not from UK close enough though I'm from Ireland
    Started listening to the podcast last April when I got over-excited about a september trip to disney

Okies Cara will do... think when I rang they quoted $229 each which is a LOT of money! As to badges, when I went last year it was my daughters 13th birthday so we got them for that and they so did not appreciate being sung to !! But it is now 5 weeks on sunday to our hols :-)

Hi Petals... Ireland only a short jump away!

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Welcome to our group MissMey and Petals!! And don't worry, we want everyone to join in whether you're from England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales....it just made the thread title too long to break it down!!

Looks like we're all pretty spread out so I can see the first 'UK WDW Radio meet' we organise is going to have to be in the Midlands somewhere!! I'll wait until some of you have had your next trips to WDW (which I think is almost everyone apart from me ) and then start looking at dates for any of us that want to get together.

It's great to start making contact with you all xxxx
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Before the club was launched, there was a viral campaign literally just asking "Are You 23?" and showing a countdown on the screen. I was totally intrigued and waited until the day until the clock went down to zero to find out what was going on. As soon as I realised it was a Disney fan-club, I knew I wanted to join. The membership cost as an international fan is a little on the expensive side, but has been worth it for me. Especially as I'm now in a position to start attending some of the actual D23 events. Also, love all the free gifts I get with each issue as a member!
    Similar here. We were actually in WDW during the 'Are you 23' campaign and I wondered what it was. I waited until near the end of the Charter year to join (just in time to become a Charter Member) and have renewed for this year. Like missbounce says, the membership fees are pretty substantial for international members, but I think it's worth it for the Twenty-Three magazine and all the little gifts that you get.

Nice to meet you all x
    That sounds fantastic! I got engaged at WDW last September on a Wishes Cruise with just myself and my (now) fiancée, was a wonderful experience. We're getting married in July 2012 and are planning our Honeymoon in California with a visit to Disneyland and the WD family museum in San Fran.

Are you having any Disney touches at your wedding?

We are having our wedding at a registry office as we have both been married before, so it is a simple non religious ceremony. As to Disney touches... I am walking in to the registry office (kinda aisle like thing) to Promise - the end of Illuminations @ Epcot song. Then when we sign the register we have a Disney song mix with You've Got a Friend in Me and Zip a De Doh Dar. Then we having a meal at lunchtime... before driving straight to Gatwick, do twilight check in before flying to DW on the Sunday :-) Its all good!

We are having our wedding at a registry office as we have both been married before, so it is a simple non religious ceremony. As to Disney touches... I am walking in to the registry office (kinda aisle like thing) to Promise - the end of Illuminations @ Epcot song. Then when we sign the register we have a Disney song mix with You've Got a Friend in Me and Zip a De Doh Dar. Then we having a meal at lunchtime... before driving straight to Gatwick, do twilight check in before flying to DW on the Sunday :-) Its all good!
    Sounds wonderful. We're trying to work some Disney touches into our wedding. Each table at the Wedding Breakfast is going to be named after a Disney Character and I think the cake will have Mickey and Minnie as the bridge and groom on top. I'm sure I'll work in some hidden Mickey's too!

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post
    Welcome to our group MissMey and Petals!! And don't worry, we want everyone to join in whether you're from England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales....it just made the thread title too long to break it down!!

Looks like we're all pretty spread out so I can see the first 'UK WDW Radio meet' we organise is going to have to be in the Midlands somewhere!! I'll wait until some of you have had your next trips to WDW (which I think is almost everyone apart from me ) and then start looking at dates for any of us that want to get together.

It's great to start making contact with you all xxxx
    I don't have my trip yet but think I will soon and prob be solo but still yay for going to disney

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    I don't have my trip yet but think I will soon and prob be solo but still yay for going to disney
    Not sure how I'd feel when I got there but I've always fancied a short solo trip to the World. Obviously I'd miss my partner too much....but I like the idea of being able to wander the parks at my own pace, lost in my own thoughts, and obviously lots of people watching!

vikstar is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member on here since early 2009 (although I've been a lurker on the forums for way longer than that. I live down in Somerset - No jokes about the accent please, I seemed to have avoided it even though I've lived here all my life

I'm a huge WDW and WDW radio fan and I'm off on my 6th trip on September 26th this yearMy last trip was a solo one in October 2009.

Looks like I'll finally be able to attend the meet of the month as it looks like Lou will be there for some 40th anniversary celebrations on the 1st - 3rd October

Welcome to the UK thread vikstar!!

Quote Originally Posted by vikstar View Post
    I live down in Somerset - No jokes about the accent please, I seemed to have avoided it even though I've lived here all my life

Looks like I'll finally be able to attend the meet of the month as it looks like Lou will be there for some 40th anniversary celebrations on the 1st - 3rd October
    You'll never get teased for an accent by me, after all, I live in Norfolk and despite moving away I returned and now have that attractive Norfolk country twang!!

You're super lucky to be heading to WDW during the 40th anniversary celebrations. I'll be 'in the box' for Lou's 40 hour broadcast so I'll expect a shout out to us UK peeps if you get anywhere near Lou's laptop!!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast