Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by pinkemma666 You're super lucky to be heading to WDW during the 40th anniversary celebrations. I'll be 'in the box' for Lou's 40 hour broadcast so I'll expect ...
    vikstar is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post

You're super lucky to be heading to WDW during the 40th anniversary celebrations. I'll be 'in the box' for Lou's 40 hour broadcast so I'll expect a shout out to us UK peeps if you get anywhere near Lou's laptop!!
    Hi pinkemma,

I'll make sure I visit you all in the box. I was in there myself for the 24 hour broadcast so its gonna be so cool to actually be there this time.

Maybe since it's such a long broadcast Lou might let me take you all for a little walk

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Meant to post this yesterday but forgot

The clocks in the States 'spring forward' two weeks before us here so at the moment we only have a 4 hour difference with Orlando.

Makes it a little easier to stay awake and join in with Lou's Newscast on a Wednesday night....I just can't stay up for the 12.30am ones on a work night!!

I'll be in the box at 11.30pm next Wednesday if any UK peeps want to say hi
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Just over three weeks to my trip to wdw for my honeymoon... very giddy!

As a Brit visitor... what does everyone think the the UK pavilion at Epcot?

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post

I think it's been well done - there's a little bit of all kinds of our achitecture (no council houses or high-rises though, I noticed! )... had fish and chips in the Rose and Crown once. Very tasty, although not quite the same as proper greasy F&Cs like home. Oh, and there was some weird sweet bread rolls served up with it as well, which I'd never had before. Not quite right for making up a chip-butty.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Quote Originally Posted by MissMEY View Post

Sooo close to your trip, lucky thing!

Well, I now have a new found passion for the UK Pavilion as during my last trip in December I was lucky enough to wander around with Lou and my partner Mark, and record a podcast!!!
    I'm not saying we got everything historically correct but I loved taking time to explain to Lou what 'in our opinion' was representative of the UK. And we had a great time talking about the fish and chips!

It really opened my eyes to how much detail is included in all of the pavilions, and made me very proud of the UK!

Sooo close to your trip, lucky thing!

Well, I now have a new found passion for the UK Pavilion as during my last trip in December I was lucky enough to wander around with Lou and my partner Mark, and record a podcast!!!
    I'm not saying we got everything historically correct but I loved taking time to explain to Lou what 'in our opinion' was representative of the UK. And we had a great time talking about the fish and chips!

It really opened my eyes to how much detail is included in all of the pavilions, and made me very proud of the UK!
    I thought this was a great podcast and you and your partner did a fantastic job and comparing the UK to the pavillion at Epcot! Super job!!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations

If Disney decided to add a ride / attraction to the UK pavilion what would you like to see?

I think it would be cool to ride around the streets of London (from the old days to modern times) in a black taxi cab, the voiceover could even have a Cockney accent!

What about an omni-mover ride around the Tower of London? But during darker days when it was a bit more sinister and full of dodgy looking characters - nothing too scary (it's Disney after all!) but a chance to see creepy London up close.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Hi fellow U.K. Disney fans, I'm Tim (wife Kerrie) we are from Hessle which is near Hull in Yorkshire. I've been listening to the podcast for many years but haven't been on the forum or very active for long (looking to change that ) We love Disney and have going to WDW since 2003 and also love Disney Cruise Line. We've got an amazing 12 months planned, in May we are going to WDW for 2 weeks with stays at All Star Sports, Bay Lake Tower and Kidani village and also 3 nights on the Disney Dream, we've loads of ADR's booked as well as the Wild Africa Trek and Around the World on a Segway.

In October it's Kerrie's 30th on Oct 31st, we have 2 nights at Pop Century followed by a 3 and a 4 night back to back cruise on the Dream and then 6 nights at Bay Lake Tower.

Then in March 2012 Disney Cruise Line changed the date of the inaugural sailing of the Disney Fantasy to March 31st (my birthday yay) so we are booked on that cruise and planning a week at WDW too.

I am soooooo excited I think I might burst

Hey Tim (and Kerrie), welcome to the gang!!

You sure have an AMAZING 12 months planned, I feel excited for you!! All of those trips must have taken some planning...I LOVE planning and am happiest when I have a WDW planning spreadsheet open in front of me!!

I've certainly been tempted by the Wild Africa Trek after listening to Lou's podcast and watching the video, and the Segway tours always look like crazy fun!

If you have time inbetween all those trips I'd love to hear about your adventures and see some pics.

Stay in touch xx

Quote Originally Posted by TheLionKing View Post
    Hi fellow U.K. Disney fans, I'm Tim (wife Kerrie) we are from Hessle which is near Hull in Yorkshire. I've been listening to the podcast for many years but haven't been on the forum or very active for long (looking to change that ) We love Disney and have going to WDW since 2003 and also love Disney Cruise Line. We've got an amazing 12 months planned, in May we are going to WDW for 2 weeks with stays at All Star Sports, Bay Lake Tower and Kidani village and also 3 nights on the Disney Dream, we've loads of ADR's booked as well as the Wild Africa Trek and Around the World on a Segway.

In October it's Kerrie's 30th on Oct 31st, we have 2 nights at Pop Century followed by a 3 and a 4 night back to back cruise on the Dream and then 6 nights at Bay Lake Tower.

Then in March 2012 Disney Cruise Line changed the date of the inaugural sailing of the Disney Fantasy to March 31st (my birthday yay) so we are booked on that cruise and planning a week at WDW too.

I am soooooo excited I think I might burst
    Hey! Welcome to the boards! Your trips sound brilliant - looking forward to hearing all about them when you get back. Especially the inaugral on the Disney Fantasy - jealous? Moi???!! OK, yeah, a lot!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Thanks for the welcome

Emma, definitely LOVE the planning, we somehow seem to make every Sunday planning day in our house lol, whether it's looking at menu's, accommodation, future trip planning we always make Sunday a Disney day
    Suzy at Mousefan is also amazing in helping with our bookings

Cara - We really cannot wait until the inaugural of the Fantasy, we already had it booked prior to the date change and couldn't believe it when DCL changed the date she sails to my birthday It's also a little extra special as 4 of our table mates from last years Westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Magic are sailing with us so we've all linked dining for a bit of a re-union

Quote Originally Posted by TheLionKing View Post

Emma, definitely LOVE the planning, we somehow seem to make every Sunday planning day in our house lol, whether it's looking at menu's, accommodation, future trip planning we always make Sunday a Disney day
    I enjoy the preparation for a big WDW trip almost as much as the holiday! My mum is also a Disney nut so we get together and have planning days. We have two laptops open at Disney websites, have Disney music playing, Disney books and maps on the table and an American themed lunch! I'm in my thirties by the way!!!

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

I enjoy the preparation for a big WDW trip almost as much as the holiday! My mum is also a Disney nut so we get together and have planning days. We have two laptops open at Disney websites, have Disney music playing, Disney books and maps on the table and an American themed lunch! I'm in my thirties by the way!!!

My fiance and I watch the Disney Planning DVD every couple of weeks when looking forward to a trip, just to revamp the excitment!

Captain_Becky is offline A-Ticket holder

how on earth have you managed all those trips?? Im finding Disney more and more expensive! I got a really good deal last year, but nothing coming up with good prices at mo!

Pinkie - that was you on that podcast?! Cool!! How did you manage to do that??

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast