Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Great shirt Cara, and a great looking Disney room Will get some NYC photos set up on Flickr and post some tips / advice from our trip over the weekend ...
    pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Re: Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!!

Great shirt Cara, and a great looking Disney room

Will get some NYC photos set up on Flickr and post some tips / advice from our trip over the weekend when I have more time....although I know some of you lucky peeps are off to WDW any day now and won't be worrying about New York for a while!!!

Plus, I must work out how to change my countdown on here...I think I've decided on a WDW December trip (again!) next year...I just can't get away from the fact that it's my favourite time to visit!
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

D1znee is offline A-Ticket holder

cool must do that too,,, is anyone going to the NEW style Disney store in London at the end of May

Quote Originally Posted by D1znee View Post
    cool must do that too,,, is anyone going to the NEW style Disney store in London at the end of May
    Didn't know they were updating the London ones yet, is it the big Oxford St one?

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post
    Didn't know they were updating the London ones yet, is it the big Oxford St one?
    Yeah, I didn't realise that either. I have a day off work on 31st May, so might have to jump on the train and check it out. Exciting!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

I wish they would start stocking adult stuff again our local Hull store is rubbish, I want to abuse my 10% discount

Just in case you pass through the forums before you go I wanted to wish all my fellow UK Disney fans safe travels for your trips in the next few days.

Hope you all have a blast at the various things happening over at WDW at the moment and look forward to hearing all about it when you return, have a magical time xxxx

Has anyone returned to Blighty from their recent trip yet? Need a WDW trip fix!!

Did everyone enjoy the Star Tours coverage over the weekend? The Disney Parks shortened video of the opening ceremony was brill! And Lou even got his picture on the official Disney Parks blog from the Star Tours party

BTW for those of you who asked, have finally stuck some of my New York photos on Photobucket, here's the link: http://photobucket.com/pinkemmanyc
    and the password is 'wdwradio'.

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

Did everyone enjoy the Star Tours coverage over the weekend?
    I watched the live webcast. It was really good, how nice to see an appearance by Lucas. We went to one of the Star Wars weekends a few trips ago, it was great fun.

have finally stuck some of my New York photos on Photobucket,
    Lovely, I shall have another look at them.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

Got back from WDW end of last week - have been super busy though so haven't had a chance to write up my trippy yet - promise to do something soon tho' - with lots of photos!!

Just as a summary: Destination D was awesome!!, had a chance to ride Star Tours a couple of times during 'flight testing' (soft openings) and met lots of Disney celebs during my travels.

Now just trying to get over the post-Disney blues - boo!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi all!

Got back Tuesday morning from WDW and am back at work for the first time today (bit of a drag).

As Cara said, Destination D was immense. The musical finale was one of the greatest Disney moments of my life! Richard Sherman playing Feed The Birds bought a tear to my eye!

I met Lou and mentioned that we were trying to plan a UK MOTM and he seemed very excited and enthusiastic about it!

The Scavenger Hunt was cool too (Congrats to Lou on coming 2nd), although it was on the two hottest days of our holiday. My blisters have just about disappeared two weeks later! As we weren't able to win the Scavenger Hunt, D23 sorted myself and my fiancée out a wonderful gift pack with loads of D23 pins, bags, two full sets of the EPCOT patches and two 2-day park hopper passes that are valid until 2031! Good value for my D23 membership I'd say! We came 118th out of 500+ teams, which I thought was pretty good for two people from the UK!

Also got to go on Star Tours the day before it opened, it is good fun (although felt a little short). Saw George Lucas from a distance along with Anthony Daniels.

Also, got the highest score of the day on TSMM - although I believe it only lasted for about 45 mins!

Looking forward to a UK MOTM!

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by BrommyCanary View Post
    As we weren't able to win the Scavenger Hunt, D23 sorted myself and my fiancée out a wonderful gift pack with loads of D23 pins, bags, two full sets of the EPCOT patches and two 2-day park hopper passes that are valid until 2031! Good value for my D23 membership I'd say!
    So nice that D23 could sort you out with some goodies, Chris. It's a real pain not been legible to win any D23 competitions just because we're from outside the US. The EPCOT patches on their own will be right little collectibles - so well done on those especially!!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    So nice that D23 could sort you out with some goodies, Chris. It's a real pain not been legible to win any D23 competitions just because we're from outside the US. The EPCOT patches on their own will be right little collectibles - so well done on those especially!!

There were certain States of the US that weren't eligible to win either, which I found very surprising!

We were never really in with a shout of winning, so the gift box was a much appreciated!

Captain_Becky is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi all, I'm back from DLP and I must admit I am disappointed. Firstly the food was awful! Struggled for 4 days and can honestly say there I'd nothing I enjoyed eating. Pirates was definitely better, although no Jack Spaariw. I missed the ghost host on Phantom manor. Space mountain 2 was awful too, me and my friend both got off with a headache! And I love big rides! I did enjoy my trip and glad I have been but it's not got one bit on WDW. I don't have that urge to return like when I leave WDW! I probably will go again in future but not with my little goddaughter! She is 2 and very hard work so I did miss the little details. I love that it's so close tho and can go in the park an hour after we arrived!!

Hope everyone has had good trips. I need a WDW trip booked, but nothing planned yet.

Also thanks for tip about the DCL DVD! Will be ordering that now

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Becky View Post
    Hi all, I'm back from DLP and I must admit I am disappointed. Firstly the food was awful! Struggled for 4 days and can honestly say there I'd nothing I enjoyed eating. Pirates was definitely better, although no Jack Spaariw. I missed the ghost host on Phantom manor. Space mountain 2 was awful too, me and my friend both got off with a headache! And I love big rides! I did enjoy my trip and glad I have been but it's not got one bit on WDW. I don't have that urge to return like when I leave WDW! I probably will go again in future but not with my little goddaughter! She is 2 and very hard work so I did miss the little details. I love that it's so close tho and can go in the park an hour after we arrived!!

Hope everyone has had good trips. I need a WDW trip booked, but nothing planned yet.

Also thanks for tip about the DCL DVD! Will be ordering that now
    Welcome back, I got the new DCL pack delivered but it didn't include the DVD like the site suggests, just a brochure telling you to view the DVD online on the site

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Dublin got it's first Disney store!!!... Sorry a little random there but I was soooooooooo excited when I saw it and I want everything in it ha ha

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast