Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi all, After discovering and then chatting to another WDW Radio listener who lives in my home town of Norwich, Norfolk, we thought it would be a nice idea to ...
    pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!!

Hi all,
    After discovering and then chatting to another WDW Radio listener who lives in my home town of Norwich, Norfolk, we thought it would be a nice idea to start our own little thread for WDW Radio fans that live here in the UK...and have to spend most of our time dreaming and saving for our next trip to the 'World'.

Thought it would be nice if we could introduce ourselves, maybe say how long we've been following Lou / WDW Radio, maybe share tips on travelling to WDW from the UK, or pose questions for other UK fans.

If enough of us are interested I hope to organise a few 'meets of the month' so we can get together 'out of the box'!!!

Anyways...I'm Emma, I live in Norwich and have been a fan of Lou's since 2008 when I bought his first trivia book. I was lucky enough to be in WDW last December for Lou's 200th show celebration and got all giddy meeting so many people that I recognised from our on line chats!!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you out there who are a little closer to home xxxxx
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Calling all WDW Radio fans from the UK!!!

Hi Emma!

Great idea about uniting us UK fans...

My name's Cara and I live in Portsmouth on the South Coast of England.

I've been a fan of Lou's since the old days when he did his Mouse Tunes podcast with Nathan. Have listened to every show since and have been lucky enough to meet him on a couple of occasions at Destination D in Disneyland last year as well as by accident in February last year when he was at our hotel for a pre-press meet.

As far as Disney goes, I've been a fan of all things Disney ever since I was a wee tot, but our family never had enough money to make the trip to any of the parks. It wasn't until I got married in 2004 that I was financially in a position to make my dream come true and visit Orlando. I've been hooked ever since!

I'm a charter-day member of D23 and I'm going to Destination D in May as well as the Expo in August.

Look forward to meeting other Disney fans from the UK in this thread!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Hello missbounce, so glad you dropped by as I've seen you around the forums ...lets get those other Brits to come out of the shadows too!!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your Destination D trip, maybe you can post pics and details here....

BrommyCanary is offline A-Ticket holder

Hello!

I am the follow Norfolk dweller that Emma mentioned above. My name is Chris and I've been listening to Lou's podcasts since 2008. I've been to the World numerous times since my first trip in 1993 or 94 and have just secured tickets for the Destination D and Scavenger Hunt events in WDW during our next trip in May.

Would love to try and organise a meet up for UK Disney fans!

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by BrommyCanary View Post
    have just secured tickets for the Destination D and Scavenger Hunt events in WDW during our next trip in May.
    Hey Chris! Good to hear you got your Destination D tickets...now I know two people going from the UK...you guys are sooo lucky

Hello!

I am the follow Norfolk dweller that Emma mentioned above. My name is Chris and I've been listening to Lou's podcasts since 2008. I've been to the World numerous times since my first trip in 1993 or 94 and have just secured tickets for the Destination D and Scavenger Hunt events in WDW during our next trip in May.

Would love to try and organise a meet up for UK Disney fans!

Chris.
    Yay! Another Brit will be at Destination D - great stuff! Sadly I couldn't get enough time off work to do the Scavenger Hunt as well, so you will have to tell us all about how you get on with that one. The same thing happened to me in Anaheim last September - will have to be more organised on the next one as the hunts look like a lot of fun.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations

Looks like its still only us three, perhaps there are less Brits on here than we thought...or maybe they're all on the cruise!

Did you guys log on to see the sailaway party from the Dream last night?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post
    Looks like its still only us three, perhaps there are less Brits on here than we thought...or maybe they're all on the cruise!

Did you guys log on to see the sailaway party from the Dream last night?
    I am very jealous of those on the cruise. I've just read the article in Twenty Three magazine about the Disney Dream too! I didn't get to see the sail-away party unfortunately.

We should perhaps ask Lou to announce that we are looking to do a meet up in the UK on one of his shows (and let the listeners know about this thread).

Chris.

We should perhaps ask Lou to announce that we are looking to do a meet up in the UK on one of his shows (and let the listeners know about this thread).

Chris.
    That's a really good idea - I'm sure he wouldn't mind adding a little mention to the end of one of his shows.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

Will contact Lou once he'd recovered from the cruise; it's the least he can do for leaving us behind!!!!

I'm relying on you guys to spread the word at Destination D too ....just approach anyone with a British accent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemma666 View Post
    Will contact Lou once he'd recovered from the cruise; it's the least he can do for leaving us behind!!!!

I'm relying on you guys to spread the word at Destination D too ....just approach anyone with a British accent!!!!
    Mission accepted!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

Haha! I certainly will try!

Captain_Becky is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi

Im from UK - In surrey just 3 miles from Wimbledon.

Listened to Lou since last July,was looking for Disney apps on my iphone! found him by accident and now wish he was my best friend!

Bought his 2 trivia books and got subscription for Celebrations.

How did you guys become D23 members??

I been WDW 15 times I think and have Paris booked for few months time

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Becky View Post
    Hi

Im from UK - In surrey just 3 miles from Wimbledon.

Listened to Lou since last July,was looking for Disney apps on my iphone! found him by accident and now wish he was my best friend!

Bought his 2 trivia books and got subscription for Celebrations.

I been WDW 15 times I think and have Paris booked for few months time
    Welcome Becky!! Good to hear from another Brit!!

Glad you stumbled across Lou, his books, magazine, podcasts, etc ,etc!!! It's great to have such a positive Disney person in our lives

I decided not to go for the D23 thing as it was just too pricey for me but we can now just listen to the others about their experiences!

Look forward to hearing more from you xxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Becky View Post
    Before the club was launched, there was a viral campaign literally just asking "Are You 23?" and showing a countdown on the screen. I was totally intrigued and waited until the day until the clock went down to zero to find out what was going on. As soon as I realised it was a Disney fan-club, I knew I wanted to join. The membership cost as an international fan is a little on the expensive side, but has been worth it for me. Especially as I'm now in a position to start attending some of the actual D23 events. Also, love all the free gifts I get with each issue as a member!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

MY DISNEY TRIPS:

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast