Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Disney Meets Discuss Indianapolis Disney Meet - 4th Annual - All Welcome in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi Everyone, I've updated post #1 with a more accurrate attendee list. Don't forget, tons of prize give-a-ways, a silent auction to benefit charity, kids activities, food, fun, and a ...
    ADP
    ADP is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Indianapolis Disney Meet - 4th Annual - All Welcome

Hi Everyone,

I've updated post #1 with a more accurrate attendee list. Don't forget, tons of prize give-a-ways, a silent auction to benefit charity, kids activities, food, fun, and a lot more. Our venue will be decorated in Mickey's color pallette. This event is totally free! Hope to see you at the best Disney Meet in the midwest.

ADP

Hi Everyone,

The meet is this Saturday, Sept 3rd. Lots of great prizes and much, much more. Admission is free and you'll have a shot at a myriad of Disney gift cards plus other great prizes. All we ask if you attend is to bring a food item to share with everyone else at the meet.

See you soon!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

sounds like soo much fun. hopefully next year i can make it. there is no way i can come out this year!! cant wait to hear all about it and see pics!! have fun!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

ADP

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    sounds like soo much fun. hopefully next year i can make it. there is no way i can come out this year!! cant wait to hear all about it and see pics!! have fun!!
    Hope to see you next year!

ADP

Okay - Last chance to spread the word about tomorrow's meet. We have over 120 people signed up to attend. Feel free to follow us on Facebook. I'll be posting live photos from the meet on our official Facebook page.
    Indy Disney meet Profiles | Facebook

There's usually a few family's who don't hear about our meet until it's too late. Spread the word.

We are giving away lots of great prizes. I'm sitting hear looking at hundreds of dollars in Disney gift cards... Admission to the meet is free which means you could come to the meet, have a great time, possibly win a great prize, and have a Dole Whip all at no cost to you. If you are in the area please consider stopping by and supporting Give Kids World Village. A great time will be had by all. We hope to see you there!

ADP

Kim, Anna, and I are so appreciative of everyone who came to the meet and supported Give Kids the World.

The meet has always been about getting together with Disney fans at least one time each year. It's kind of funny, but we talk on the boards several times a month, but when it comes to seeing and talking to each other face-to-face it rarely happens. When we plan family vacations to Disney parks we rarely see each other because our vacations don't match up. This is our chance to see each other, talk about what we have in common, and have a great time sharing our Disney passion.

Although we try and raise as much money for Give Kids the World as we can I don't want to overemphasize fundraising because it can sometimes take away from the fun we want to enjoy during the meet. This is why we don't charge anything for admission or for Dole Whip, etc. I hope you all feel we struck a good balance between fundraising and meet enjoyment.

Thanks to everyone (and I mean everyone) because without your support the meet wouldn't be what it is. It takes people to show up, bring their food, reach out to other people in the venue, and show their generosity. We all share in making the meet enjoyable. I personally saw a lot of generosity yesterday at the meet; the 50/50 raffle winner donated the money back to GKTW, guests who walked up to me or Kim and handed us a donation (including a family who will be visiting GKTW this October), the WDW Mom's Panel who graciously donated free handouts, and those guests who donated to other GKTW fundraising efforts. Thanks to those who helped run the face-painting, kids tattoo, and Indy Meet ornament table. We even had a special person who could write in Japanese volunteer to write names in Japanese on the back of the ornaments and Duffy Bears. I don't know about everyone else, but I ate so much Dole Whip yesterday I started turning yellow as the meet progressed. Again...We can't thank you enough for supporting the meet the way you did. It was very heart-warming.

Here are the totals from the meet.

- Attended - 108
    - Money raised for GKTW - $3,100. Some of this money was donated before the meet and for other GKTW fundraising efforts like the Muddy Buddy Challenge and Disneyland Tinkerbell Half Marathon.
    - 25 Indy Meet ornaments built
    - 30 Duffy Bears created
    - 192 Dole Whips consumed
    - Approximately 55 Mickey Rice Krispy treats enjoyed.
    - Several character photo ops

If anyone who couldn't attend the meet would still like to make a donation to Give Kids the World please feel free to do so through our First Giving page.
    IndyDisneyMeet Fundraising Page

Again - THANK YOU for attending the meet. We hope for those of you who haven't been to the parks in a while, or have been to the parks several times found the meet a nice way to get your Disney fix in Central Indiana.

See you next year!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12