Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss BOX PEOPLE Chicago meet....who is interested? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi!! So this morning in the WDW Radio LIVE chat room, while we were waiting for Lou to come back on with his live broadcast of the Princess marathon...the thought ...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

BOX PEOPLE Chicago meet....who is interested?

Hi!!

So this morning in the WDW Radio LIVE chat room, while we were waiting for Lou to come back on with his live broadcast of the Princess marathon...the thought was brought up for a possible Chicago meet sometime in April or May, sometime (maybe) around the D23 Chicago event.

I am collecting contact information for anyone who would be interested in a meet. Please send me private message on FB (Jamie Robbins Longoria) or on Twitter (@jrobbins79) so we can start planning what we would possibly do.

Thank you so much! We are looking forward to making this a fun meet for those of us in the midwest! Many of us have wanted to get together for so long now....and we figured..."now is the time, now is the best time!"
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Re: BOX PEOPLE Chicago meet....who is interested?

Keep in mind this is BOX PEOPLE only at this time and we are trying to figure out who is interested. Don't know yet what we will do or if Lou would want to be involved at all. Just FYI

ok sorry i think i miswrote this. i didnt mean it to say, box people only, as in the ones that watch the newscasts/live casts only...i meant it to include all of the wdw radio family, including forums!

i am sorry if there was any confusion. i was only trying to make the point that it would be fans/followers of wdw radio/lou...not that Lou himself would be attending the meet. Does that make sense? I hope so, and again I didn't mean to upset anyone.

being that this is just in the preplanning stages, we are trying to get an idea of who would be interested in coming. so whether you are a forum member, a box person, or both....or even new to the wdw radio family, we would love for you to attend!! Sorry!
    Last edited by eeyore79; 02-26-2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Update

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I still have no clue what, or who, these "Box People" are. Though, I may be in Chicago for D23.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I still have no clue what, or who, these "Box People" are. Though, I may be in Chicago for D23.
    I understand the "box people" I just didn't realize that WDW Radio was going to divide up and between old friends, forums and box people into different factions. Not sure I'm in favor of dividing us into clicks.
    Kinda surprising.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    Keep in mind this is BOX PEOPLE only at this time and we are trying to figure out who is interested. Don't know yet what we will do or if Lou would want to be involved at all. Just FYI
    And on that note, I will be interested to see if Lou would be involved in an event that excluded the balance of his followers in Podcasts and on the forums, Celebration magazine etc.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I understand the "box people"...
    And?

tiggerguy is online now one of the good guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    "box people" was the name given to the people who watch Lou's live broadcasts. USTREAM has an area where these people chat with each other. the area is enclosed in a window that was dubbed the box, thus the people chatting were now known asa "box people"

hope that is the answer you were looking for.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

I understand the "box people" I just didn't realize that WDW Radio was going to divide up and between old friends, forums and box people into different factions. Not sure I'm in favor of dividing us into clicks.
    Kinda surprising.
    please see my edited post above!!!!!!

And on that note, I will be interested to see if Lou would be involved in an event that excluded the balance of his followers in Podcasts and on the forums, Celebration magazine etc.
    again, please see my above edited post. i only meant that we only today started talking about this and many plans need to be made including contacting lou to see if he wants to be involved in anyways, like a ustream video or what, similar to what emma did for her uk meet, but right now we havent even gotten to that point.

again, we are in preplanning and are trying to figure out who would be interested in attending a meetup. sorry for the improper wording.

Thumbs up Re: BOX PEOPLE Chicago meet....who is interested?

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    "box people" was the name given to the people who watch Lou's live broadcasts. USTREAM has an area where these people chat with each other. the area is enclosed in a window that was dubbed the box, thus the people chatting were now known asa "box people"

hope that is the answer you were looking for.
    It is. Thanks, brother!

I've heard Lou use the term many times on the podcast but never truly understood what he was referring to.

another interpretation is that the laptop is also a "box" and the chatters were "trapped" inside
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

How "Videodrome" of you.

eeyore79 has edited her posts to include all areas of the WDWRadio family
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator