Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Dad and 12 y.o. DS in WDW 8/17 - 23 in the Vacation Planning forums; While we're planning on quite a few "bonding" opportunities, I know he'd love to make a new friend there as well. Any other parents with a single pre-teen who "just ...
    SillySymphony is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Dad and 12 y.o. DS in WDW 8/17 - 23

While we're planning on quite a few "bonding" opportunities, I know he'd love to make a new friend there as well. Any other parents with a single pre-teen who "just aren't into ToT", lol? I'm an elementary teacher who's using this trip for some curriculum research, so there will be some occaisions where he'll feel like, "Geez, Dad... enuff already!". We'll be staying at Caribbean Beach all week. Love to hear from any other Dizzy folk who love their kids more than the rides!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    SILLY!!!!

We are going to be there a few weeks after you but we only have a 2 yr old..sorry ... One of the child care centers in the hotel might be a good place for him to blow off some enegery and give you a break for a few hours--from what I hear they have lots of stuff for even the older kids to do...wish my dd was old enuf to go ....but then again she is free to the park so I shouldnt complain...LOL

It is usually not this quiet on the weekends on here but a bunch of the crew is in Allentown for the meet so wait till they get back and you wont be able to get a word in edgewise...
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Sorry we won't be there, but I too have a pre-teen son who isn't quite interested in the thrill rides, etc. But we went in June and made the best of it and had a great time anyway, of course! Sorry we won't be there but I am sure others here will be able to meet with you! Have fun!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Well, we have a 4 yo (special needs), we are there every weekend and I am planning on basing most of our homeschool curriculum around WDW. It is me, my hubby and daughter if y'all would be interested in a meet up. We live about 30 minutes away and know lots and lots of ins and outs of the praks!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the boards!!! Sorry, no little kids anymore. It's only us two now. I love WDW and DW is so-so, but she comes along anyway. They used to have a great education center for teachers at EPCOT, but alas it is long gone. However, you might inquire at Guest Services at the parks about any material they might have to share with/give to you.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property