Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Sept. DWT.com "Mini-Meet"? in the Vacation Planning forums; I really don't know... It's kind of up to you all. I"m there from the 10th to the 18th (with plans on the 11th for my anniversary). We're pretty flexible ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I really don't know... It's kind of up to you all. I"m there from the 10th to the 18th (with plans on the 11th for my anniversary).

We're pretty flexible (a few PS here and there), but whatever works for you guys. Would you like to try and meet for a meal... in a park... at night?? I'm game for just about anything.

If we set something up and some of you can't make it, I'd still love to try and meet up with you somewhere anyway jsut to say Hi, share a Dole Whip, etc.!!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games

Thumbs up DWT.com Meet

Okay, I'm going to just propose a day and time, and see if anybody else is free! The earliest we can get together with anyone will be Sunday, Sept. 12. We will still be at Epcot because of the pin event, and the fact we are staying at the Boardwalk. So, I propose we meet somewhere at Epcot, like at Canada for the first or second show of Off Kilter, which should be 2:30 to 3:30 pm. We can get a beer, listen to a little music, and stay as long as you'd like. What do you say?
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i like the idea of meeting at the world showcase--yeah definetly as you can tend to relax a little and our kids may have run off a bit of steam by then.we'll be there mid afternoon or thereabouts till closing on the 11th and 18th,20th and 22nd ---if that's not a good time for anybody then the MK or AK or MGM would be ok too--- we can be a bit flexible as i'd love to meet you all ---we've plenty of time so lets keep in touch and try and get a good group:mickey:
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Just a quick note, the Calendar shows MK closing at 6p on the 9-11th. Looks liek they will be having a special event or group those night there.

The Night of Joy hard-ticket events are on those nights (Sept. 9-11) from 7 pm to midnight. They have Contemporary Christian music groups performing during the parties.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OK... so far we have the following members who are going to be there during the week of 9/10-9/18 (at some point):

Lou (AKQJ10)
    dzneynut
    Epcot Man
    TrendyMagic

Anybody else who is going and would be interested in meeting, please let us know here so we have an idea of exactly who's going to be there and what day or night works best for them.

BTW, only days not good for me are: 9/11 (anniversary), 9/17 and 9/18 (leaving). We also have a few PS here and there.

Also, here are some suggestions so far:

1. World Showcase - Sunday, Sept. 12 - Afternoon at Canada for Off Kilter
    2. Any of the other theme parks to share a meal or snack, etc.
    3. A nighttime get-together somehwere
    4. Someone at chat suggested possibly doing a "Grand Gathering" to get VIP setaing for Illuminations
    5. Frontierland
    Let me know who's coming (including number of people) and what you would like to do.
    Lou Mongello

Closer and closer it comes.... and MAN am I excited!!!

I can't wait to get there!! Plus, I'm looking forward to meeting many of you who are going.

What I'd like to try and do is get an idea of who will definitely be there, and what days are best to get together.

If you are going to be there between 9/10 and 9/18, please post the best day to get together for a little mini-meet here. Like I said, if we can't all get together on a specific date and time, I'd be happy to meet up with any of you who would like to on our own.

Hope to see you there!!!!
    Lou Mongello

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Closer and closer it comes.... and MAN am I excited!!!

I can't wait to get there!! Plus, I'm looking forward to meeting many of you who are going.

What I'd like to try and do is get an idea of who will definitely be there, and what days are best to get together.

If you are going to be there between 9/10 and 9/18, please post the best day to get together for a little mini-meet here. Like I said, if we can't all get together on a specific date and time, I'd be happy to meet up with any of you who would like to on our own.

Hope to see you there!!!!
    Too bad you couldn't extend your vacation to the end of September. I would really like to meet you and your family.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

I will know my schedule for next week by Thursday. Still awaiting the next Hurricane though. That may change things but I hope not.

We will be at WDW from Thur. morning, Sept. 9 thru Mon. afternoon, Sept. 13. It will just be Linda and I staying at BoardWalk Villas in a studio. We will be involved heavily in the Pin Event at Epcot's World Showplace from Thur. afternoon thru Sunday morning. Our best times for getting together will Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. We plan on spending part of these two days at MGM Studios playing WWTBAM, because it may be our last time!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

Future Disney Trips:

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Remember "Where's Waldo?"

Where's Lou???
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jacknife; 08-30-2004 at 10:49 PM.

That very well may be the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Nice work!!!

(as first I was like...."Man, how did he find a picture of me at a Giants game???... Then I remembered never wearing leis at a Giants game).
    Lou Mongello

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    That very well may be the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Nice work!!!

(as first I was like...."Man, how did he find a picture of me at a Giants game???... Then I remembered never wearing leis at a Giants game).
    Heh heh...

I just realized that I uploaded the wrong version of the pic... I've updated the attached image with the "final" version. I spent about 5 minutes throwing this puppy together and thought it'd be a fun reminder of the late 80's.

Too funny. The first thing I picked out was the 'blonde' and look who's sitting nextto him... LOL

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Also, here are some suggestions so far:

.... Frontierland

Oh please do this, someone, anyone.... We want pictures of Frontierland Lou!!

As a matter of fact a few of you with cowboy hats all together with Frontierland Lou would be fantastic!

Please, please, please, please.
    Last edited by MickeyBabe; 08-30-2004 at 11:22 PM.
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast