Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss me, uratoon, and May 28-June 6th-ish in the Vacation Planning forums; hey uratoon, I made this thread so we can discuss, erm, stuff. follow me over here....
    the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

me, uratoon, and May 28-June 6th-ish

hey uratoon, I made this thread so we can discuss, erm, stuff. follow me over here.

If we can dream it, we can do it

uratoon is offline Going back for 5 free days at any Deluxe!!!
    Where the humidity is the same as the temperature!!
    Ok, I'm here!!
    I am ready for May!! Cant wait to go back to WDW!

So What day are you getting married?
    And how lucky are you to honeymoon in Walt Disney World!!
    Last edited by uratoon; 10-20-2005 at 11:09 PM. Reason: I had a brain fart!

Things I have learned living in ARKANSAS
    1. Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.
    2. There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in ARKANSAS.
    3. We have four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, Still Summer and Christmas.
    4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    5. People actually grow and EAT okra!!
    6. Sweet Iced Tea is appropriate for all meals.
    7. You have to switch from 'heat' to A/C in the same day.
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.
    9. You work until you are done or it's too dark to see.
    10. Everyone can't be an Arkansan: You have to be BRAVE to live here!

well, the day is Saturday May 27th, then we'll be in WDW starting the 28th.

my young lady has known forever that if we got married, she'd be forced into a WDW Honeymoon. but she's really excited about it b/c she has always wanted to go, but her parents had a hard time and never had the money to take her.

I splurged on this one b/c I know we'll never have the money to do another extravagant WDW trip like this one, especially once we start multiplying. I haven't told her, but we're basically doing everything I would ever want to do at Disney... crammed into 10 days!

I don't think I'll sleep starting January 1st!

Ok, I'm being really nosey, but what are some of the things you have planned? We are still trying to put some things together.
    Did you get the Dining plan added onto your pkg? (We love this)

4. A carbonated soft drink is not a soda, cola or pop...It's a 'coke' regardless of brand or flavor. Ex...What kind of 'Coke' do you want?
    8. All the festivals across the state are named for an animal, insect, grain, vegetable or fruit.

well, here's a list of the restaurants we'll be eating at (some of them twice!).

Spirit of Aloha show
    Akershus
    Coral Reef
    V&A's
    Biergarten
    50s Prime Time Cafe
    Sci Fi Dine In Theatre
    Artist Point
    Whispering Canyon
    L'Originale Alfredo di Roma
    Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast
    San Angel Inn
    Hollywood Derby
    Hoop Dee Doo Revue
    Marrakesh
    Crystal Palace
    1900 Park Fare
    Chef Mickey's
    Restaurantosaurus Breakfast
    Tony's Town Square
    Les Chefs de France
    Mama Melrose's
    Planet Hollywood

the reason the list is so extensive is b/c we're on the Premium Plan that includes 3 table service meals a day (for 10 days, that's 30 meals!). it also includes tours, special seating for the fireworks shows, recreation, and plus pack options. so, we'll be doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, the Breathless Illuminations cruise, and some parasailing. also hanging out at Pleasure Island almost every night and going to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. so we're gonna be some busy folks. I guess the main part of our stay is gonna be spent in the parks and I'm gonna try and schedule our dining so we don't have to do much park hopping.

Oh my!!
    Y'all are gonna be very busy!
    We also have some of these on our list.
    Coral Reef
    Whispering Canyon
    San Angel Inn
    Hoop Dee Doo Revue
    Marrakesh
    Crystal Palace
    Les Chefs de France
    also Shutters (prime rib is great)
    O'hana
    Cap'n Jacks

We are also planning to get my sons first haircut at the barber shop in MK. He will be 1 in April, and my daughters birthday is May 29th so we will have to do something special that day.

How many times have you been to WDW?
    We are just beginners, I have been twice and the '06 trip will be #3. I would love to go every year but we just cant afford it. This trip alone that we are planning is going to set us back a tad over 5800.00! That is just unreal!

Isnt it just the greatest planning a trip?

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    well, here's a list of the restaurants we'll be eating at (some of them twice!).

Spirit of Aloha show
    Akershus
    Coral Reef
    V&A's
    Biergarten
    50s Prime Time Cafe
    Sci Fi Dine In Theatre
    Artist Point
    Whispering Canyon
    L'Originale Alfredo di Roma
    San Angel Inn
    Hollywood Derby
    Hoop Dee Doo Revue
    Marrakesh
    Crystal Palace
    1900 Park Fare
    Chef Mickey's
    Restaurantosaurus Breakfast
    Tony's Town Square
    Les Chefs de France
    Mama Melrose's
    Planet Hollywood

the reason the list is so extensive is b/c we're on the Premium Plan that includes 3 table service meals a day (for 10 days, that's 30 meals!). it also includes tours, special seating for the fireworks shows, recreation, and plus pack options. so, we'll be doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour, the Breathless Illuminations cruise, and some parasailing. also hanging out at Pleasure Island almost every night and going to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. so we're gonna be some busy folks. I guess the main part of our stay is gonna be spent in the parks and I'm gonna try and schedule our dining so we don't have to do much park hopping.
    Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I hope your fiance doesn't come to these boards....would hate for all the surprises to be ruined for her! WDW is the absolute best place in the world to spend your Honeymoon! We did so 8 years ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uratoon
    We are also planning to get my sons first haircut at the barber shop in MK. He will be 1 in April, and my daughters birthday is May 29th so we will have to do something special that day.
    We just did this for our youngest in June and it was great! He got a nice litte certificate with his snippit of hair and his very first pair of Mickey Ears that said "First Haircut" on the back! We also let our older Son get his hair done with a stencil of Mickey ears on the back of his head and lot's of pixie dust in his hair with temporary blue dye. Maybe your daughter would like to have her hair done while there as well. Just a word of advice...go to the barbershop first thing in the morning. It was the very first thing we did when we walked into the Magic Kingdom. We were the very first people there so both boys were able to get their hair done at the same time (there are only 2 chairs). By the time the boys were done there were 9 other people waiting to get their hair done!

hi jackers are definitely welcome!!!! I was hoping more people would surface that are going to be there during this time.
    as far as other comments, for now I have to go home (I've been at work since 2pm yesterday) and sleep like the dead. but I'll be back for a quick posty chat in about 8 hours.

Would love to go around that time, but wouldn't want to take my DS out of school that close to the end of the year. We are however thinking about pulling him out for a week in December and then we will most likely be going in June when he finishes school. I completely agree with you on the splurging! It's your Honeymoon.....go all out! BTW...are you guys planning on getting the Mickey and Minnie bride and groom ears? My DH wore them with me and it brought us lots of great extra attention! Be sure to let everyone know that you are on your Honeymoon! Make sure it's in your hotel reservations and then remind them again when you check in. Also make sure they have it noted on all of your ADR's! It's great getting all the little extras!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uratoon
    Oh my!!
    Y'all are gonna be very busy!
    We also have some of these on our list.
    Coral Reef
    Whispering Canyon
    San Angel Inn
    Hoop Dee Doo Revue
    Marrakesh
    Crystal Palace
    Les Chefs de France
    also Shutters (prime rib is great)
    O'hana
    Cap'n Jacks

How many times have you been to WDW?
    We are just beginners, I have been twice and the '06 trip will be #3. I would love to go every year but we just cant afford it. This trip alone that we are planning is going to set us back a tad over 5800.00! That is just unreal!

Isnt it just the greatest planning a trip?
    yes, the expense is obscene. but that's part of why I'm paying for everything before we go. b/c I know that if I was there on a pay-as-we-go basis, I probably wouldn't be able to relax and enjoy it all as much.

I've been to WDW 4 times, but the last time I went I was 17 yrs old.

planning the trip is probly one of the most fun parts of the whole thing. I love picturing us hopping on a monorail to catch a lunch reservation, then catching a boat to go somewhere else, then... etc. Like we're mini versions of jet-setters!

I wish I had gotten my first haircut at Disney. I believe that maybe that would be a magic token against male pattern baldness later in life.

well, we're not going to be wearing the bride and groom ears, but I did get some bride and groom pins off of eBay. so we're definitely going to be wearing those. and I've also made sure to tell everyone I've talked to at Disney that this is going to be our honeymoon. hopefully we'll get something for freebies.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve
    well, we're not going to be wearing the bride and groom ears, but I did get some bride and groom pins off of eBay. so we're definitely going to be wearing those. and I've also made sure to tell everyone I've talked to at Disney that this is going to be our honeymoon. hopefully we'll get something for freebies.

OH wear the ears....I had so much fun telling all the couples I saw with them on Congratulations...most of them seem surprised that other guests would take the time to tell them that... I think I even told some of them twice at diff parks...lol

DEFINATELY AGREE WITH DREAMER on the haircut thing...took us 3 tries to get my daughters hair done without a 45 min wait...we beelined to the barbershop as they opened the park and were the second in line...and Dreamer was right as soon as she was done there were at least 7 other ppl behind us lined up outside....Maura(I think her name is was great and deserved the really HUGE tip I gave her) Anyone who can get a 2 1/2 year old to sit still 5 seconds deserves it....lol But can you believe I lost her little packet of hair...sigh oh well

Have fun and dont eat to much or you will be too full to be able to do any Honeymoon stuff
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

I don't know if I'll be able to wear them. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for going all out and living in the moment at Disney, but the big ears with the tophat may be a bit much for me. I don't think my finance will wear the bride one either.

the food thing is gonna be a bit too much, I think. I don't eat 3 meals a day as it is, I don't know how I'm gonna manage it once we're in Disney and my stomach's in knots of anticipation! but regardless, I think the more table service meals means more chances for romance and mushy honeymoon stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    We just did this for our youngest in June and it was great! He got a nice litte certificate with his snippit of hair and his very first pair of Mickey Ears that said "First Haircut" on the back! We also let our older Son get his hair done with a stencil of Mickey ears on the back of his head and lot's of pixie dust in his hair with temporary blue dye. Maybe your daughter would like to have her hair done while there as well. Just a word of advice...go to the barbershop first thing in the morning. It was the very first thing we did when we walked into the Magic Kingdom. We were the very first people there so both boys were able to get their hair done at the same time (there are only 2 chairs). By the time the boys were done there were 9 other people waiting to get their hair done!
    Oh, that sounds great!! I just hope the color will show up on her hair, her natural color is dark brown. But if they think it wont then she can get a trim or something!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast