Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Northeast Disney Fan Meet 2006! in the Vacation Planning forums; I have Sharla's email addy, so I'll see if can get an overview of what she talked about for the site...later on this week. or maybe I'll put my mom ...
    Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I have Sharla's email addy, so I'll see if can get an overview of what she talked about for the site...later on this week.

or maybe I'll put my mom on that task....`cause I really need to be looking for a job!
    Last edited by Stitch; 07-17-2006 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    I have Sharla's email addy, so I'll see if can get an overview of what she talked about for the site...later on this week.

or maybe I'll put my mom on that task....`cause I really need to be looking for a job!

lol....yeah maybe job hunting would take priority over getting scrapbooking info for all of us! When you get a chance would certainly appreciate anything that you can pass along to us. I am really interested in the tips she had about getting good fireworks pictures.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Well bummer! That is the one session I would have attended had I been there as well!
    They call me "Nana"

dani0622 is offline A-Ticket holder

Review coming later this week!

Hi everyone!
    Danielle Friend here. I'll be writing a review of this past weekend's Dismeet with pics later this week. Stay tuned! :mickey:

Hi Danielle, nice to meet you. So START WRITING ALREADY!

Okay, I'm over that little spasm. We will be anxiously waiting for your review and pictures.
    They call me "Nana"

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    The DWTrivia Team did an AWESOME job handling and coordinating the Auction...

Over $3,800 was raised by a fabulous crew!!!

One of my first tasks for next year will be opening up those sessions to bigger groups at a time...

Don't forget~Fred will be putting a survey out (just like after last year, which helped immensly I have to add) that all of you should fill out when it comes. Good and Bad~ we want to hear what you have to say & are listeninig with both ears open.

Cheers to all who helped make this wonderful day possible and a toast to a bigger and better next year
    Last edited by tiggerwannabe; 07-17-2006 at 01:40 PM.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Hi everybody!!!!!!

I've come back to an incredibly hectic Monday, so I have to make this first post unfortunately brief (or fortunately if you hate my ramblings)...

I cannot put into words how I feel about this past weekend. First and foremost, the auction and its result were far beyond anything I ever could have dreamt of when Pat presented the idea to me. To say thank you to all of the people who helped is woefully insufficuent, but I need to thank every person who donated an item, made a monetary donation, purhcased items on Saturday, or just supported the Project in general. Of course, special thanks have to go to everyone who made it happen, and made the event so much more special. To Pat, April, Janet, Tracy, Erica, Brian, Mandabella, Jack, and everyone else who was there and helped, I offer you my most sincere thanks. Fred, thank you for giving us the opportunity to make this all happen. Deanna, you will probably never see this, but thank you for your unwavering support and encouragement. (Forgive me... I know I probably forgot way too many people).

To everyone else who was there, supporting DisneyWorldTrivia.com, as well as me, it was so great to see you all again, and knowing that you were there made this meet all the more special for me. Many of us (finally) got at least a little bit of time to spend together, which was some of the most enjoyable time I spent all weekend.

Many of you who post/lurk here came up to me and asked when the trivia was going to happen, or told me after the meet that you were suprised there was no time alotted for it. I am sorry if you were disappointed that there was no formal trivia discussion/contest. If this is something you'd like to see next year, please just note that on the feedback survey which is likely coming from Fred in the near future. The casual meet in the bar didn't really go as planned, so maybe we can do something different next time.

I unfortunately have to run, but I really want to say THANK YOU to all of you for your support of the site, auction, books and everything else. I consider you all friends and part of my extended family, and this weekend just went to prove how fortunate I really am.

You are the BEST!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Last edited by Lou Mongello; 07-17-2006 at 02:35 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hey Lou-any word on how Annette's knee is?

And how were those M&M's????

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

JoDisneyNut is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My hubby(Stacy), daughter (Lexi) and I had an awesome time at the Dismeet as well. Was so nice to meet you all! Thanks to Pat, Janet, April, Brian and Tracy for welcoming us and being so friendly. Was also nice to meet Tammi, Sandy, Erica, Lou, Deanna, and their precious kids (my daughter was so amazed to meet "Princess Marion"...she was on the cover of the BOOK and she was like a celebrity to Lexi! too cute We had a blast getting to know Debbie & Jim and Kim & Tom from Indianpolis who were all sitting at our table as well. Debbie & Jim, you guys aren't too far from us, would be great if we could get together some time...maybe we can share Disney trip photos! Anyway, it was so much fun to be around fellow Disney Nuts for 7 hours! Looking forward to next years meet!

Thanks also to all those in charge of registration (which went very smoothly) and just getting it all together and also thanks the wonderful ladies who ran the events in the KIDS ROOM. My daughter loved it and wanted to be in there all day so hubby and I took turns going to the break out sessions, worked out great. Lexi was also thrilled to do the pin trading!

A special GREAT BIG Thanks to Fred and Renee and their precious daughters! Our daughter Lexi was so happy to meet a new friend (Julia!) and we hope to see you guys again soon. My husband took LOTS of pics when we get them uploaded we will share!

And the DWT Dream Team did an AWESOME JOB with the auction. Man I had tears in my eyes when they announced the grand total and that they would be able to send TWO FAMILIES to WDW! HOW AWESOME! That is so great! I did bid on quite a few things, only managed to win the one Lexi wanted LOL Which was the You Found Nemo bucket of goodies...so she was happy.

Bottom line is that it was so awesome to see that we could all have a blast and yet raise money to allow others to experience that DISNEY MAGIC!

Star light, star bright,
    First star I see tonight.
    I wish I may, I wish I might,
    Have the wish, I wish tonight.
    We’ll make a wish and do as dreamers do.

And all our wishes, (All our wishes)

All our wishes,
    Will come,
    True…

Wishes, wishes.
    Jo Disney Nut

Been to WDW 11 times! Need to go again!

1979 Ft. Wilderness
    1987 Off Site - Sr. Class Trip!
    1989 Off Site
    1992 Carribbean Beach Resort
    1996 Polynesian Resort
    1999 Coronado Springs Resort
    2001 Port Orleans Riverside + 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise!
    2003 All Star Movies Resort
    2004 Pop Century Resort
    2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    2007 Port Orleans French Quarter

Upcoming trips!
    August 20, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
    August 22, 2009 Disney Magic 7 Night Cruise!

lenniemc is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks everyone. This was my first Dismeet and it was so wonderful! I met so many nice people. Got to meet Deb Wills, got to meet Deb - did I tell you I got to meet Deb!!! I just had a fantastic time. You guys all put on a great meet and so much hard work. Believe me, I know. I planned a conference, at WDW, for my company and I know the work that goes into such an endeavor. I appreciate all your hard work and making me feel right at home. I laughed, I cried - all the wonderful Disney emotions - next best thing to being there! I'm already looking forward to next year's meet!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

lenniemc
    lenniemc

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch

Her presentation was not so much about scrapbooking but about the features on most digital camera's these days and how little we all really know abou tthem. She showed some awesome pictures and told how she set her camera to take them. She also gave out dole whip in the beginning, and cinnamon roll bites at the end. YUMMY! I hope all the presentations get posted somewhere - and if not, I'll suggest it for next year! And as everyone said - the whole event was well organized and so much fun. I didn't go to the bar for the casual trivia...it was just a long drive there on Friday, and then all day at the meet (we literally got in line about 930 to register and never left until well after 6...it was a long, albeit great fun, day) and then had the prospect of the 7+ hour drive home the next morning, so we decided to just eat dinner and relax in the room (and Pirates was on tv, so it was easy ).

Anyway...already thinking about next year!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

bigbrian-nc.com is offline WDW: A History In Postcards
    I had a blast at the meet!
    The meet pictures I took are now up on my site, portions of my audio from the meet will be going up on my podcast in the upcoming weeks.

http://www.bigbrian-nc.com/mtindex.htm

Walt Disney World: A History in Postcards

Mike2006 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Thats totally awesome for DisneyWorldTrivia and Lou to be able to help kids go to disney

hijinx is offline A-Ticket holder
    Here's a great free way to help sick children
    http://www.starlight.org/recycle
    For every used ink cartridge you send them (postage paid) $2 is donated to the foundation.

Big Brian, nice job on your website. Of course, now I'm even MORE jealous that I didn't get to make it, but it is on my calendar for next year in PERMANENT MARKER!
    They call me "Nana"

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast