Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Northeast Disney Fan Meet 2006! in the Vacation Planning forums; I've tried several times to email George (the tattoo guy) about the meet but they all came back undeliverable. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll be there. Lori...
    I've tried several times to email George (the tattoo guy) about the meet but they all came back undeliverable. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll be there.

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I got to see Fred Saturday night and go over some stuff for the meet! This is going to be GREAT!!!!

I'd also like to ask for your help in promoting the meet. Fred has designed a flyer that he was hoping people could print out and distribute. Where? Well, anywhere from supermarkets to your friends and anywhere else you can think of! You can download the flyer directly from this post.

I also told him that I think we're going to have a large group of family members from the site there! Hope to see a lot of you in Allentown!! Thanks for your help!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    i'm workin on getting there lou!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

mrs pooky is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe
    ~11:30 is fine~

If the registration table is closed when you get there come into the main hall and don't get nervous... find me or Fred and we'll check you in and give you your wristbands.

Most anyone there should be able to point you in our direction...

HTH,

Colleen.
    Thanks so much----I am so excited to go! I am trying to talk my friends (who are also Disney nuts) into going with us!
    2004 All Star Movies
    2005 Caribbean Beach
    2006 Grand Gathering Port Orleans French Quarter
    2007 POFQ again
    2008 First DVC at OKW
    2009 2nd DVC BCV!!!!!!
    :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mrs pooky
    Thanks so much----I am so excited to go! I am trying to talk my friends (who are also Disney nuts) into going with us!
    Print out the pdf that Lou attached to his note above!

Maybe if they see that they'll be quicker to join us
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hello everyone!

In this message:

1) A welcome to our new guests and how they can catch up!
    2) Money order payment instructions.
    3) PayPal payment information.
    4) Tell your friends about the meet! I've made it REALLY easy!
    5) The Official Press Release!
    6) Flyers for you to print and post! Help spread the word!

()()()() Welcome to our new guests! ()()()()
    ============================================

Let me first welcome all of the new people to the list once again. We have over 450 people that have subscribed to

read my updates for the 2006 event! That's more than "double" the size of last year's mailing list. Hopefully we will see a good majority of you in Allentown on July 15th 2006.

For those of you that "are" new, please take a moment to review the previous list messages. They should help you catch up with the planning of this year's event.

Mailing List Archive:

http://www.dismeets.com/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi?f=list&l=july%32%30%30%36meet

Anyway
    , the real reason of this update is to announce that we are now starting to accept Money Order and on a limited level, PayPal payments!

()()()() Money Order Payments ()()()()()

========================================

If you don't want to use PayPal or a Credit Card for your payment method, you will need to pay with a Money Order.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once payment for the registration has been made, it will be locked and you will not be able to add anyone else to it. There is nothing we can do about this. If you want to add new people after payment has been made it will require a new registration to be made with a different email address than you originally used. (The system will not let you use the same email address twice.)

Here is how it works.

When you first registered at
    http://www.dismeets.com/register you created an account with a username and password.

Head on back to the registration url and login with the email address and the password you selected when you signed up.

You should see your list of attendees and a button that says "Pay Via Money Order" that is now available at the bottom right of the page. Click the button.

A new page will open that is kind of like an invoice for your meet attendance.

Print that page and mail it to the address listed along with your money order.

When we receive your payment, we will go into the database to mark your account as paid. You will get an email once this has been done. Then you can come back and login to the registration system to print your tickets.

That's it! You're good to go! (To the meet that is!)

This is supposed to be an easy process. We've done everything we could to plan and develop it that way. I really hope that everyone finds it to be as non-complicated and simple as we hoped it would. If not, your feedback is welcomed.

()()()() PayPal Payments ()()()()()

===================================

PayPal payments will be handled directly through the registration system and will update your account immediately.

Therefore you will be able to print tickets immediately after paying via PayPal.

IMPORTANT NOTE (Again!): Once payment for the registration has been made, it will be locked and you will not be able to add anyone else to it. There is nothing we can do about this. If you want to add new people after payment has been made it will require a new registration to be made with a different email address than you originally used. (The system will not let you use the same email address twice.)

We are going to try to roll these out alphabetically by email addresses. This will prevent too many of you making payments at one time and that means PayPal doesn't have a canary and limit access to my account because of security concerns. (Even though I wouldn't be worried of too many payments into my account...would you?? Heh!)

So be on the lookout...you should be getting an email notification shortly regarding PayPal payments. If you didn't want to pay via PayPal, please ignore that specific message.

()()()() Tell your friends! ()()()()

====================================

When you registered, you should have noticed that the final page has a section at the bottom for you to fill in up to 4 email addresses of people you know that may be interested in attending the meet. I am challenging all of you (as in I triple dog dare ya!) to go to the registration system, log in, and tell at least 2 more people about the event. If you can do 4 then do 4! The more the merrier! When you enter the addresses and click the enter key, a brief email signed with your name and email address will go out to that person telling them a little about the meet and how they can get more information.

()()()() The Press Release ()()()()

===================================

The official 2006 DisMeets.com Press Release is now available.
    A big thanks to Deb Koma for doing such a great job with it!
    You can see it here:
    http://www.dismeets.com/pressrelease.html

()()()() 2006 Meet Flyer - Help Spread The Word! ()()()()
    ================================================== =======

I've designed a nice flyer that you can print on your color printer. Please consider printing a few out and hanging them up at the local grocery or convenience store or perhaps maybe the library.

You can download the pdf file here:

http://www.dismeets.com/flyer.pdf

That's all for now. Thanks for your support!
    Looking forward to seeing you all in July!

Fred Block
    DisMeets.com Founder
    and Senior Event Coordinator
    Lou Mongello

Everyone, if you haven't done so, please review from top to bottom, the information contained at the details page on the dismeets.com website.

http://www.dismeets.com/details.html

It may not be a bad idea for those of you that are coming into the list at a late time to go over the the mailing list archives.

http://tinyurl.com/l544m

Also, if you want to book a room at the Crowne Plaza, please view the information below. It is important that you book rooms through the page below or by using the group code so that I may satisfy my room block. If you have booked a room via an alternate means, please email me to let me know and if possible, provide me with a brief reason as to why. I would really appreciate it.

FOR THOSE WANTING A ROOM:

For those wanting a room at our Host Hotel, the Crowne Plaza in Allentown, PA.

Disney Fan Meet participants can use the webpage that was specially created specifically for the meet to make your reservation online. This of course is the easiest way to go.

Please visit:
    http://www.allentownpahotel.com/disneyfans/

Also be sure to visit the main website for additional updates. http://www.dismeets.com

Disney Fan Meet participants may also call the hotel for reservations at (610) 433-2221 and must mention the "DISNEY FANS GATHERING" to get the group rate of $83 plus tax per night.

Check-in time for all rooms is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12:00 noon.

Every attempt will be made to accommodate special requests for room types, smoking preferences and location; however, due to the arrival and departure patterns not all requests may be able to be fulfilled.

Handicap accessible rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis.

Reservations must be received by 05/08/2006. After this date reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis only. After 05/08/2006 all reservations must be made thru the Group Sales Office, during normal business hours and availability and rate are not guaranteed.

Please be aware that there is a parking garage that is run by the local municipality NOT the host hotel. The normal rate is $8 per 24 hour period. The hotel has arranged for a discounted rate of $6 which can be billed to your room charge. Please present the front desk with your parking slip when you check in. DisMeets.com check-in personnel will NOT be able to stamp your ticket for this discount. It MUST be done at the hotel front desk at check-in.

TERMS OF PAYMENT FOR ROOMS:

A credit card must be used with the hotel to guarantee each room for arrival. Guests are responsible for all charges. If you decide to book a room at our host hotel, all arrangements are between you and the hotel.

Fred Block
    DisMeets.com Founder
    Lou Mongello

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Umm... I'm using the book online link in the post above, and it's telling me there are no rooms available. Fred???????
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Hrmmm I just tried it and it worked for 1 night 14th to 15th and 1 night 15th to 16th and 2 nights 14th to 16th. What are you entering?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Umm... I'm using the book online link in the post above, and it's telling me there are no rooms available. Fred???????
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    2 nights, 14-16th, 2 adults 2 kids, 1 room, non smoking, 2 beds. Just tried again, same "none available" response.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ahh king room is coming up but not 2 beds. Let me call the hotel. Wait a few ok?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    2 nights, 14-16th, 2 adults 2 kids, 1 room, non smoking, 2 beds. Just tried again, same "none available" response.
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

From FRED BLOCK:

I've been contacted by some people saying that there are no rooms available to book for Friday night. The original block was for 30 rooms a night. Wow! Did we go through that block fast!
    I've contacted the hotel and arranged to add 20 additional rooms for both Friday and Saturday night. (The special rate is extended for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night stays but there are rooms still available on Sunday.) I hope this helps with those having difficulty booking a room. If you want a room, I would recommend you book one soon. I don't believe I will be able to add any more. Once the block is full, anyone booking would have to pay the regular nightly rack rate.

To book a room at the Crowne Plaza, please view the information below. It is important that you book rooms through the page below or by using the group code so that I may satisfy my room block. If you have booked a room via an alternate means, please email me to let me know and if possible, provide me with a brief reason as to why. I would really appreciate it.

FOR THOSE WANTING A ROOM:

For those wanting a room at our Host Hotel, the Crowne Plaza in Allentown, PA.

Disney Fan Meet participants can use the webpage that was specially created specifically for the meet to make your reservation online. This of course is the easiest way to go.

Please visit:
    http://www.allentownpahotel.com/disneyfans/

Also be sure to visit the main website for additional updates. http://www.dismeets.com

Disney Fan Meet participants may also call the hotel DIRECTLY for reservations at (610) 433-2221 and must mention the "DISNEY FANS GATHERING" to get the group rate of $83 plus tax per night. Please DO NOT call any other number for reservations.

Check-in time for all rooms is 4:00 p.m. and check-out time is 12:00 noon.

Every attempt will be made to accommodate special requests for room types, smoking preferences and location; however, due to the arrival and departure patterns not all requests may be able to be fulfilled.

Handicap accessible rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis.

Reservations must be received by 05/08/2006. After this date reservations will be accepted on a space and rate available basis only. After 05/08/2006 all reservations must be made thru the Group Sales Office, during normal business hours and availability and rate are not guaranteed.

Please be aware that there is a parking garage that is run by the local municipality NOT the host hotel. The normal rate is $8 per 24 hour period. The hotel has arranged for a discounted rate of $6 which can be billed to your room charge. Please present the front desk with your parking slip when you check in. DisMeets.com check-in personnel will NOT be able to stamp your ticket for this discount. It MUST be done at the hotel front desk at check-in.

TERMS OF PAYMENT FOR ROOMS:

A credit card must be used with the hotel to guarantee each room for arrival. Guests are responsible for all charges. If you decide to book a room at our host hotel, all arrangements are between you and the hotel.

Lou Mongello

Be sure to listen to our interview with Fred Block, "the man behind the meet" on our most recent www.MouseTunes.com podcast!!
    Lou Mongello

YEAH- I got a room!! Can't wait to see you all there!

Lori

One more thing-since this will be my first time is there anything special I need to bring or know about?

Thanks!
    Lori

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast