Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Northeast Disney Fan Meet 2006! in the Vacation Planning forums; I booked my room tonight!...
    tiggerguy is offline As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    I booked my room tonight!
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    People have come with their pin collections and wearing their Mickey Ears...

Last year we had a table full of Gold Mickey ears

Bring your happy self and nothing at all...

enjoy listening to the speakers and meeting new friends...

you choice, your call...

bring whatever makes you happy

and dress like you would at the parks

~There's a picture link from last years meet in Fred (Majestic's) signature or you can find it in the disney meet link in mine.~
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

I'm listening to the podcast interview now...

Pretty Cool Guys!

Bernard&Bianca is offline A-Ticket holder
    Finally booked our room. Arriving Friday and staying through Sunday!!

I'm bringing my scrapbooks to share and Ray will probably bring the computer which has the rest of the pics on it.

Fred, we got the second camera fixed and sent back. It works like a dream so as long as the kids cooperate (yeah right!) then we will have dueling cameras.

Hey Lou, think they'll have that cheesecake ready for you?

Can't wait to see everyone!!!
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

1980 - Disneyland 25th anniv. (I was 7)
    July 2004 - First trip to WDW DS 8th B'day
    2005 - April, Aug, Oct, Dec
    2007 - March and Dec

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I totally forgot about the cheesecake!!!

According to "Big Fred", the renovations they made to the restaurant, bar, and entire hotel are amazing, so I'm pretty psyched!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

I just hope they renovated the service and staff as well.
    Maybe we should bring our own cheesecake just in case.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

2007 - March and Dec

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OOhh... good idea... Maybe a trip to the Cheescake Factory ahead of time is in order?

(only to be shared with the DWT attendees, of course )
    Lou Mongello

You better share! Strawberry or turtle?
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

2007 - March and Dec

Greand Prize!!!!

And now, a word from the man behind the bash, Mr. Fred Block....
    The grand prize!

Good morning to everyone! I hope that you all had a terrific Easter weekend. Some of you may have had the opportunity to enjoy an extended weekend. I'm sure that helps!

I just wanted to let everyone know that our mailing list has reached 500 subscribers! That's a LOT of interested people! Hopefully many of those will consider coming in July!

I also thought I would fill you all in with our 2006 DisMeets.com Grand Prize for the day!

One lucky guest will win a 4 night complimentary stay in a private pool vacation home from ALL STAR Vacation Homes! Complete with a private pool and spa, multiple master bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen, game room, luxurious furnishings and amenities, and it's all located within 4 miles of Disney World!

We can all thank the ALL STAR Vacation Homes Team in Kissimmee, FL for this great prize! If you need more information about them, please contact ALL STAR toll free at 1-800-592-5568 or visit their website on the Internet @
    http://www.allstarvacationhomes.com

This is just one of the prizes we have in store for you! Stay tuned for more info.

Also, payments have been coming in slowly but surely. Please consider paying as soon as you can. It helps me to cover the costs associated with the event which I'm sure you can imagine are not cheap. Just log into the registration system and select either the money order or paypal payment button then follow the instructions.

Thanks everyone!

Fred Block

Lou Mongello

Update from Fred...

In this message:

1) Breaking 100 paid attendees!
    2) Please take our room topic survey!
    3) Tell your friends about the meet! I've made it REALLY easy!
    4) The Official Press Release!
    5) Flyers for you to print and post! Help spread the word!

()()()() Breaking the 100 paid milestone! ()()()()
    ====================================

I'm really excited (and a bit surprised!) to let everyone know that we have officially surpassed 100 paid attendees for the meet so far. This comes MUCH MUCH sooner than I had expected which tells me that the meet might be slightly larger than I had anticipated. Last year, the bulk of our registration payments came in 1 month before the meet. Right now we are just under 3 months out and already have about 120.

What does this mean to you? Well, the Crowne Plaza has a really large ballroom but it's not infinite. (Those of you that went last year, I'm sure you remember.)

How large? Well, we can comfortably hold about 350 people. Maybe a few more. I didn't think it would come to this but I should warn that if the number of people gets to that point we may have to close off registrations and additional meet payments.

I'm not 100% certain this is going to happen but I thought I would be safe and mention it just in case.

()()()() Breakout room survey ()()()()

We've developed a survey to try and gauge how much interest there is for each of the current breakout room topics. Just as a reminder, this year we secured two additional smaller rooms for separate conferences to be held. We hope to have at least three 30 minute presentations per room throughout the day for you to pick and choose which one you want to go to. Of course, the rooms can only hold about 40 people each.

This survey is intended for us to get an idea just how many people are interested in each of the topics so we can get a good idea of whether or not the rooms will be able to accommodate the demand.

Please please please take a moment to do the survey. It would really help.

There are three different categories at the first screen. Please select the one the closest matches your current meet status. 1) You are already paid...2) You are registered but aren't paid and plan to attend....and 3) You still aren't sure if you are attending or not and are not pre-registered.

Please only vote on the 3 topics you find are of most interest to you and that you would plan to attend. (No one person would be able to attend all 6 anyway. This increases the accuracy of the survey.)

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=71022028005

()()()() Tell your friends! ()()()()

When you registered, you should have noticed that the final page has a section at the bottom for you to fill in up to 4 email addresses of people you know that may be interested in attending the meet. I am challenging all of you (as in I triple dog dare ya!) to go to the registration system, log in, and tell at least 2 more people about the event. If you can do 4 then do 4! The more the merrier! When you enter the addresses and click the enter key, a brief email signed with your name and email address will go out to that person telling them a little about the meet and how they can get more information.

()()()() The Press Release ()()()()

===================================

The official 2006 DisMeets.com Press Release is now available.

A big thanks to Deb Koma for doing such a great job with it!

You can see it here:

http://www.dismeets.com/pressrelease.html

()()()() 2006 Meet Flyer - Help Spread The Word! ()()()()

================================================== =======

I've designed a nice flyer that you can print on your color printer. Please consider printing a few out and hanging them up at the local grocery or convenience store or perhaps maybe the library.

You can download the pdf file here:

http://www.dismeets.com/flyer.pdf

Thanks for your time! See you in July!

Fred Block
    Founder - DisMeets.com
    Senior Event Coordinator
    Lou Mongello

Thumbs up Allentown Press Release...

Walt Disney World Fans Gather in Allentown, PA

What’s the best way to see Mickey Mouse? Where’s the best spot for watching the parade? Hey, have you ridden that new coaster, Expedition Everest, yet? Disney enthusiasts will have a lot to talk about this year at the third annual DisMeets.com Disney Fan Meet, to be held at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Allentown (PA) on Saturday, July 15, 2006. The meet will bring together members of an enormous worldwide family of Disney fans, many of whom only know each other through e-mail and the Internet. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and requires pre-registration to attend.

More than 170 men, women, and children from all over the country attended last year’s event, but meet organizer Fred Block, of New Jersey, expects a gathering of more than 200 this year. "It's so much fun to put faces to names,” notes Block, who, with wife Renee and daughters Julia and Hailey, visits Walt Disney World several times a year. “We sit at our computers and ‘talk’ to each other online almost daily, but this is the time and place where people can really get to know each other. It's all quite magical really."

This year’s Disney Fan Meet will feature a full day of activities, including special guest speakers, contests, breakout session seminars, a kids’ play area, door prizes, and pin trading, as well as plenty of time for conversation over a relaxing meal. In addition to their special presentations, each speaker will also be available for personal chats with attendees at tables set up in the main hall.

"The Crowne Plaza Allentown (located at 9th and Hamilton Streets in Center City Allentown) takes great pleasure in welcoming the third annual DisMeets.com Disney Fans Meet. We are pleased to have the opportunity to host this magical event for the second year in a row and look forward to it being another huge success!" said General Manager John Boas.

Guest speakers attending this year’s event include names immediately recognizable to those who follow Disney on the internet and in bookstores. Speaking in the main ballroom will be:

Steve Barrett, author of "Hidden Mickeys, a Field Guide to Disney's Best-Kept Secrets" and "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation" guidebook. Barrett also manages www.hiddenmickeysguide.com, an online guide to showcase descriptions and photos of Hidden Mickeys, the small images of Mickey Mouse subtly woven into attractions and architecture by Disney’s Imagineers.

Mike Scopa, biweekly columnist for the website Mouseplanet.com. Scopa, who has written about Walt Disney World for the website for the past six years, also co-hosts a thrice-weekly internet “podcast” (an internet-based broadcast available for download to MP3 players) on WDWToday.com. "Whenever Disney fans get together they create their own special Disney magic,” says Scopa, “so I am thrilled to have been invited to attend this meet. I am looking forward to meeting many new Disney friends and finding out how Disney magic touches their lives."

Other presenters include:

Deb Wills, founder of the unofficial Walt Disney World information website known as AllEarsNet.com and co-author of PassPorter's Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs. Wills, who also publishes ALL EARS, a weekly electronic newsletter about Walt Disney World that reaches 70,000 subscribers, is widely recognized as an expert on Walt Disney World. This will be Wills’ second year attending the event.

Louis Mongello, author of the “Walt Disney World Trivia Book” (and soon to be released Volume II) and founder of the website DisneyWorldTrivia.com. Mongello, who has been fascinated by Walt Disney World throughout more than 60 visits, will also try to stump the guests throughout the day with randomly drawn questions from his book. He is also known as the Co-Host for the extremely popular MouseTunes.com Podcast. This will be Mongello’s third year attending the event.

Jennifer and Dave Marx, PassPorter Travel Press, authors of PassPorter Walt Disney World, PassPorter’s Disney Cruise Line and its Ports of Call, and the soon-to-be-released PassPorter Disneyland.

John Rick, founder of Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders. Rick, a Disney Fan Meet participant every year since its founding, will speak on the art and obsession of Disney pin trading, as well as host an extended pin trading session at the conclusion of the meet. This will be Rick’s third year attending the event.

Rebekah Mahnken, CTC-MCC, owner of Mouse Fan Travel™ (www.MouseFanTravel.com), the official travel agency sponsor of this year's event. Mahnken has been planning magical vacations for eight years and was named as Travel + Leisure Magazine's A-List Super Agent for Disney destinations. She will have special offers on Disney vacations available, as well as door prizes to give away.

“This event is designed in every way to sprinkle pixie dust on Disney fans,” Block says, “enough to hold them over until their next trip to their favorite destination, Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.”

For more information on the event visit: http://www.dismeets.com. To
    register, visit http://www.dismeets.com/register and be sure to fill out all required fields.

For further information, contact:

Fred Block
    DisMeets.com Disney Fan Meets Organizer
    PHONE: 732-993-5FUN
    EMAIL: support@dismeets.com
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Scarlett is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Any Other teens going?

I am trying to convince my son (15) to come with me. He is torn between being to cool to want to go with Mom, and being interested. It would help me to convince him to know if there will be any others there his age. So those who were there last year, Whaddya think? Will he be bored, or just act like he is, like most teens do?
    Thanks, Linda

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett
    I am trying to convince my son (15) to come with me. He is torn between being to cool to want to go with Mom, and being interested. It would help me to convince him to know if there will be any others there his age. So those who were there last year, Whaddya think? Will he be bored, or just act like he is, like most teens do?
    Thanks, Linda

I have a 16 yr old daughter going....that should convince him lol

Scarlett is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi Flutter,
    Thanks, you may be on to something.. I'll mention it too him real casually.

LoveMyLap-Band is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi everyone,

I am thinking about going to the Allentown meet. Do you think my 8 year old would find it interesting. He is getting into pin collecting (haven't done trading yet).

Thanks!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast