Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Northeast Disney Fan Meet 2006! in the Vacation Planning forums; Luckily it's a nice ride from my neck of the woods to Allentown. I would go to one in MA also as long as it's not more than 3 hours ...
    Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Luckily it's a nice ride from my neck of the woods to Allentown. I would go to one in MA also as long as it's not more than 3 hours away. I'm lucky unlike tiggerguy and flutter who have one heck of a long drive!!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    In this issue:

1) John Rick on this week's MouseTunes.com podcast.
    2) The disneyworldtrivia.com Chinese style Auction.

()()()() John Rick interviewed on the MouseTunes.com Podcast! ()()()()

==============================================

John Rick of the Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders was recently interviewed by the fine fellows Lou and Nathan over at MouseTunes.com. Check out what they all had to say about the 2006 DisMeets.com Fans Gathering for this July!!!

Click the link to hear this week's mousetunes.com podcast:

http://www.mousetunes.com/podcasts/mousetunes_060406.mp3

Mouse | Tunes™ June 4th, 2006

Welcome again, Podpeople, to the MouseTunes Disney podcast. The results are in for the T-shirt contest, Lou and Nathan take you through some news and to the Walt Disney World Rumor Mill, and have an interview with John Rick, founder of the Central Jersey Disney pin Traders group and speaker at Fred Block's DisMeets 2006 event this July. We also answer some of your email and play your voicemails. And of course, there's always some trivia, Did You Knows, babbling and more surprises thrown in! Be sure to call our voicemail anytime at 206-888-4WDW and become a part of the MouseTunes Podcast Crew!

()()()() Chinese style Auction being held at this year's event! ()()()()

==============================================

The DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team, through its founder, Lou Mongello, is working to help make a child's wish come true. Their goal is to send a seriously ill child and their family to Walt Disney World by granting their wish through the nationally-recognized Starlight Starbright Children’s Foundation. Their hope is to help make a child’s life a bit brighter by spending some time away from the hospital, and in one of the happiest places on Earth.

Portions of the proceeds from the sale of all merchandise sold on DisneyWorld-Trivia.com, as well as personal donations made by Lou Mongello from sales of the Walt Disney World Trivia Book and members of DisneyWorldTrivia.com’s forums, have been the main sources of funds raised so far. Now, the Dream Team is within striking dis-tance of its goal of raising enough money to grant this wish.

To help accomplish this mission, the Dream Team will be holding an auction of Disney merchandise and collectibles at Fred Block’s DisMeets.com Disney Fan Meet 2006 in Allentown, PA this July.

The auction will be a "silent auction", in which you will post your bids ona sheet of paper for each item you would like.

We have many exciting prizes lined up for this auction! There will be a variety of new, collectable, vintage, and unique Disney items. Prizes will have minimum retail value of $20, and many will be worth much more than that!

So please look for us at the 2006 DisMeets.com Fans Gathering and buy a few sheets of tickets! Every little bit brings us closer to making the life of a child brighter.

Please email pat@disneyworldtrivia.com with any questions. For more information on the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Dream Team or the Starlight Starbright Foundation, visit our website at
    www.DisneyWorldTrivia.com/dreamteam.php. Thank you!!!

Well that's all for now.

Fred Block
    DisMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 06-18-2006 at 08:16 PM.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    I just wanted to get the word out about the 2006 DisMeets.com store so you can all order up authentic meet merchandise and have it in time to wear to this year's event on July 15th! (WOW! That's less than a month from now!!!!)

The store is a cafepress.com store. They make some pretty great stuff over there. I should note that the black stuff is still new and although I think it looks nice, the process to make it is still in beta.

Also, the direct printing method I chose for these is MUCH better because it lasts longer after washes.

Anyway, check it out when you get a chance!

http://www.cafepress.com/dismeets

NOTE!!! You can save $5 off of your order of $20 or more when you order before June 23rd!! Use coupon "MOTIFBIPED" without the quotes. Again, this code expires on June 23rd so get ordering today!

Thanks!

Fred Block
    Lou Mongello

hijinx is offline A-Ticket holder
    Only three weeks left! I'm still working hard on getting my wife psyched up for this. She needs a truckload of pixy dust.

flutter is offline Moderator
    See you there....we should convoy LOL

Does anyone know if George, the tattoo guy is going to be there???
    Can't wait to meet everyone. I'm making a special shirt just for the meet!!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger
    Does anyone know if George, the tattoo guy is going to be there???
    Can't wait to meet everyone. I'm making a special shirt just for the meet!!

Lori
    He was there last year, and lives in the area.....so sounds like a possiblity, don't know for sure

JoDisneyNut is offline B-Ticket Holder

Hello ~ I'm new to these boards / going to Allentown Dismeet!

Hello everyone! My name is Jo and I'm new to these boards. I am going to the Allentown meet in July and just wanted to say HI. I live in PA so it's just about 1-1/2 hr trip for me to get to Allentown. Where is everyone else coming from? Just wondering who's coming the furthest, who went to last year's meet? This is our first meet (Me, hubby and 5 yr old daughter are going) and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm suffering withdrawal from WDW...went last in Dec 05 and don't have another trip planned as of yet so am hoping to get my DISNEY FIX at the dismeet in July! Look forward to meeting some other Disney fans as well. Am also wondering if anyone else is bringing children...hope my 5 year old does well with this long day...she loves Disney too! Ok, look forward to hearing from you all and seeing you in July!

P.S. Am attaching one of my favorite photos that hubby took in Disney His photos adorn my office and supply a little pixie dust of their own!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jo Disney Nut

Been to WDW 11 times! Need to go again!

1979 Ft. Wilderness
    1987 Off Site - Sr. Class Trip!
    1989 Off Site
    1992 Carribbean Beach Resort
    1996 Polynesian Resort
    1999 Coronado Springs Resort
    2001 Port Orleans Riverside + 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise!
    2003 All Star Movies Resort
    2004 Pop Century Resort
    2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    2007 Port Orleans French Quarter

Upcoming trips!
    August 20, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
    August 22, 2009 Disney Magic 7 Night Cruise!

Just wanted to send out a small reminder about the shirts and stuff for the meet. Purchasing these really helps me with costs for the event.

I found a new coupon code for you to use which can save you $5 on a purchase of $20 or more. Please consider ordering soon to get your stuff before the meet! Thanks!

The store is a cafepress.com store. They make some pretty great stuff over there. I should note that the black stuff is still new and although I think it looks nice, the process to make it is still in beta.

Also, the direct printing method I chose for these is MUCH better because it lasts longer after washes.

http://www.cafepress.com/dismeets

NOTE!!! You can save $5 off of your order of $20 or more when you order before June 30th!! Use coupon "MOTIFDIVING" without the quotes. Again, this code expires on June 30th so get ordering today!

Thanks!

Fred Block
    Lou Mongello

Hi Jo
    I'm coming from Cape Cod..stopping in CT to pick up tiggerguy. It's a very long drive. I will be travelling with my 16 yr old daughter, hubby can't make it this year, we all went last year. See ya there
    Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by JoDisneyNut
    Hello everyone! My name is Jo and I'm new to these boards. I am going to the Allentown meet in July and just wanted to say HI. I live in PA so it's just about 1-1/2 hr trip for me to get to Allentown. Where is everyone else coming from? Just wondering who's coming the furthest, who went to last year's meet? This is our first meet (Me, hubby and 5 yr old daughter are going) and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm suffering withdrawal from WDW...went last in Dec 05 and don't have another trip planned as of yet so am hoping to get my DISNEY FIX at the dismeet in July! Look forward to meeting some other Disney fans as well. Am also wondering if anyone else is bringing children...hope my 5 year old does well with this long day...she loves Disney too! Ok, look forward to hearing from you all and seeing you in July!

P.S. Am attaching one of my favorite photos that hubby took in Disney His photos adorn my office and supply a little pixie dust of their own!

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    372 miles according to Yahoo Maps.
    Under six hours driving time?
    Yeah, right!
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

Topics to be covered in the breakout rooms

Over the next few days I will be releasing more and more information about the meet. To start, here are all of the topics to be covered in the breakout rooms.

I should also say that we have 3 breakout rooms. These rooms were added this year because last year people said they wanted to have some time to relax and not do anything. These rooms are for those that DO want to do a little more. This way, you have the option of seeing the added presentations or just relaxing with friends in the main ballroom. We may also have some fun games in the main ballroom while the breakout room talks are going.

Just a word of caution....we have 300 adults give or take. With 3 seperate breakout room sessions going, those rooms can accomodate a total of 180 people. (That's not per room it's in ALL 3 rooms.) The rooms WILL be filled and you might not get to see ALL of the presentations. There will be 3 breakout sessions throughout the day. Each session will have 3 seperate talks. I highly recommend that you pick 2 or 3 that you like the most and plan to see those only. The way these are layed out you will not be able to see all of them. (3 at a time)

Oh yeah...the breakout rooms will be closed while the main ballroom speakers are...well....speaking.

Next to come....the loose schedule for the day. It might change a bit before the meet but at least it will gve you some idea.

So (finally) here are the topics for your review.

Deb Wills - "Wining and Dining at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival"

Deb provides a brief overview and share her best tips for getting the most out of the Epcot Food and Wine festival! Learn what is free with your Epcot admission ticket and what the hard ticketed events are all about!

Dave Marx - "Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a Disney Cruise for Me!"

"Dave Marx, co-author of way too many PassPorter guidebooks, will swap the latest Disney Cruise Line scuttlebutt with cruising fans, and will be more than happy to introduce Disney cruising to the wannabe buccaneer in all of us. Bring your questions and favorite rumors, and see if you can stump the expert!"

John Rick - "Pin Trading, At the Parks and Beyond (2 Sessions)"

This session will cover many aspects of Disney Pin Trading and Collecting including Pin trading away from the parks, Ideas for storing and displaying your collection, Getting started with on-line trading, Setting up a "trades/wants" list, Proper trading etiquette, Using e-bay without breaking "your" bank account, and Websites and publications.

Chris Carlson - "The top 5 ways to save on your next trip to Disney." Chris will walk through the many different aspects of planning and stress the importance of planning and how much one can save by simply looking around at the different options available. In conjunction with planning he will lay out several tips on how to save up money for your next trip.

Sharla Whalen - Photographing and Scrapbooking your Walt Disney World Trip Sharla Whalen, author of the upcoming Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World, will present a talk about photographing your trip to Walt Disney World and scrapbooking your photos when you get home. What advance planning for scrapbooking layouts and styles might you want to take into consideration before you even take your photos? What are the most popular photo ops at Disney World? A few of the answers might surprise you. Where are the fabulous photo opportunities that people often walk right by? There are hidden nooks around many corners. What about the mysteries of your own camera? If you are one of the many people who would rather walk through fire than read an instruction manual, you won't want to miss Sharla's easy-to-understand explanation of camera settings -- shutter speeds, aperture, and the beauty of "bokeh" at Disney World. (If you want to know about bokeh, come to the talk!)

Amy Stoll - Some Tips & Quips to get a Grip on Your Trip!

For many Disney Fans, the planning is as much fun (and nearly as addictive) as the trip itself! Yet others are satisfied just to know where to show up, how much $$ to bring, and what time the 3 o'clock parade is. No matter where on the spectrum you fall, join us as we take a humorous and helpful look at planning our pilgrimages. As a do-it-yourself planner, turned professional vacation planner, Amy Stoll is primed to share her own experiences, and ask you about yours as we explore the varied planning styles and resources, and discuss how a Vacation Planner can help you no matter what your style!

Mike Scopa - Party Touring at Walt Disney World Mike Scopa describes the two popular Magic Kingdom parties at Walt Disney World, "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party" and "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" as well as "Holidays around the World" in Epcot and provides tips on how to make the most of your time at each party. Mike will also hold a Q & A session following his presentation.

Dave Marx - Disneyland - "The Other White Meat"

To most Americans east of the Rockies, Walt Disney World is simply, "Disney." But as any West Coaster can tell you, there's still only one "Disneyland," despite evidence to the contrary in Orlando, Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong. With Disneyland's 51st birthday just days away, 51 year-old guidebook author Dave Marx will be on hand to chat about California's Disneyland and PassPorter's recently released guidebook to Disneyland and Southern California. Bring your questions or strut your expertise at this free-ranging forum.

from Fred Block - DisMeets.com Founder and all-around great guy
    Lou Mongello

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    ****. Now I wish I were going. Why did I read this?
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by dzneynut
    372 miles according to Yahoo Maps.
    Under six hours driving time?
    Yeah, right!
    About 340 miles from here according to them 5 hours 40 minute
    It took us that long from CT last year and thats over 2 hrs from me

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder
    HI Jo:

My name is Debbie. My husband and I are attending the meet this year for the first time as well ! We need our Disney Fix as our next trip is not until December !
    We are traveling from Toms River, NJ .. not so bad mabye a 2 hour drive@
    Hope to see you at the meet !
    debbie

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast