Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Northeast Disney Fan Meet 2006! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Debbie-Habba HI Jo: My name is Debbie. My husband and I are attending the meet this year for the first time as well ! We need our ...
    JoDisneyNut is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie-Habba
    HI Jo:

My name is Debbie. My husband and I are attending the meet this year for the first time as well ! We need our Disney Fix as our next trip is not until December !
    We are traveling from Toms River, NJ .. not so bad mabye a 2 hour drive@
    Hope to see you at the meet !
    debbie
    Hi Debbie! Glad to hear from you and we'll look forward to meeting you at the Dismeet! We went to WDW last Dec. and have no trip planned for the future as of yet :o( I'm hoping we'll be going over spring break (March/April) but not sure yet! So sure am glad this Dismeet will bring us a little pixie dust in the meatime!
    Jo Disney Nut

Been to WDW 11 times! Need to go again!

1979 Ft. Wilderness
    1987 Off Site - Sr. Class Trip!
    1989 Off Site
    1992 Carribbean Beach Resort
    1996 Polynesian Resort
    1999 Coronado Springs Resort
    2001 Port Orleans Riverside + 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise!
    2003 All Star Movies Resort
    2004 Pop Century Resort
    2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    2007 Port Orleans French Quarter

Upcoming trips!
    August 20, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
    August 22, 2009 Disney Magic 7 Night Cruise!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    According to Mapquest (April) and I drive 160.49 miles with a time of 2 hours and 54 minutes from our house in Connecticut. We plan to leave between 6:00 and 6:30am and with a short stop we should be there no later than 9:45am unless we hit traffic.

Last year it was beautiful weather and an amazing ride. Hoping for the same this year but I already know the gas prices are about .80 a gallon higher than last year. Still I can't wait to see some friends again and meet all you others for the first time. It should be an amazing time!!!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Debbie-Habba is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wink

Goo Morining:

I hope all of my new found friends Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July holiday.
    Enjoy it and be safe!

Debbie

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom-Morrow"

Talking

One week to go !!
    Woo Hoo... can't wait!
    See you all soon !

Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10

Sharla Whalen - Photographing and Scrapbooking your Walt Disney World Trip Sharla Whalen, author of the upcoming Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World, will present a talk about photographing your trip to Walt Disney World and scrapbooking your photos when you get home. What advance planning for scrapbooking layouts and styles might you want to take into consideration before you even take your photos? What are the most popular photo ops at Disney World? A few of the answers might surprise you. Where are the fabulous photo opportunities that people often walk right by? There are hidden nooks around many corners. What about the mysteries of your own camera? If you are one of the many people who would rather walk through fire than read an instruction manual, you won't want to miss Sharla's easy-to-understand explanation of camera settings -- shutter speeds, aperture, and the beauty of "bokeh" at Disney World. (If you want to know about bokeh, come to the talk!)

Hey April! I hope you are planning on attending this breakout and come back and share everything you learn!!!! Maybe a mini tape recorder so you won't forget anything! I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

collins316 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello Everyone!
    I am new here. I will be at the meet Saturday, and I am excited to meet everyone!
    See you there!

Hi:
    Nice to meet you .... Can't wait to meet you at the meet...
    We are staying over fri and sat night ....
    Can't wait to be w/ a bunch of Disney Nuts like ourselves!
    See you there ---
    Debbie

Bernard&Bianca is offline A-Ticket holder
    Janet are you heading down on Friday or Sat morning?

We are leaving on Friday afternoon and I was wondering when anyone else in MA and CT are leaving.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

1980 - Disneyland 25th anniv. (I was 7)
    July 2004 - First trip to WDW DS 8th B'day
    2005 - April, Aug, Oct, Dec
    2007 - March and Dec

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    ATTENTION ALL PAID ATTENDEES!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO VOTE RIGHT NOW!! Each adult was assigned a raffle number that is a unique identifier. You WILL need that to vote! The raffle number is available on your printed ticket.

Please make sure that ALL ADULTS IN YOUR PARTY are given this number and also go vote!! I REALLY need this to be accurate with the room scheduling and of course, we are a few short days away from the meet. With me having a full time job (start a new one tomorrow matter of fact!!) and owning my own business I don't have that much more time to do meet work before saturday. This is why I need you to do this ASAP!

This information is being gathered for us to assign breakout room presentations into the schedule for the day and does NOT guarantee, promise, or reserve you a seat or attendance to any of the presentations. Also note that this is for the breakout room presentations ONLY and does NOT pertain to the guest speakers that will be in the main ballroom.

It is EXTREMELY important that you submit the top 3 choices of presentations that you would want to see on the day of the event. Please note that because of the way the schedule will be setup, you will only be able to see a MAXIMUM of 3 presentations (and possibly only 2 depending on demand) due to overwhelming popularity and response for this year's event)

http://www.dismeets.com/vote

Thanks everyone!

- FRED BLOCK
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    In this issue:

1) 1 week to go and still SOOOO much to do!

2) Kids room information...VERY IMPORTANT - PARENTS READ THIS!

3) Ticket transfer policy revisited.

4) Make sure you can print your tickets!

1) 1 week to go!

Wow I can't believe we are 1 week away from this year's event. I'm giddy with excitement and nervous at the same time! So much to do and time is running out so I've obviously got to get my rear in gear!!

In the next few days, I will be asking all paid attendees to take a survey regarding the breakout room presentations. This is to assist me in scheduling what time the talks are and who goes in what rooms at the hotel. It's important that EVERY PAID "ADULT" ATTENDEE VOTE! Be on the lookout for the email that has the voting info and PLEASE do it right away. This will help me a lot! Thanks!

2) Kids Room Info...Parents please read this and understand it.

Many people who attended last year's event said we needed something for the kids to do. This year, I've taken that feedback and created a seperate area for kids to have some space to themselves. There will be an arts and crafts session, a pin trading session for kids, and a face painting session throughout the day.

I feel it is important to note this one very important detail. Me, Fred Block, DisMeets.com, or any of the many volunteers that will be assisting with the kids room and the event as a whole cannot and will not be responsible for anyone's child. Although the room for the children is directly connected to the main ballroom where the event is to be held and we are doing everything within reason to police that room, it is strongly suggested that parents observe their children at all times. This is important and I cannot emphasize it enough. Please know and understand this if you have children attending with you. I hope you all understand.

3) Ticket selling or transfers...

I just want to remind everyone that "NO" tickets can be transferred "OR" sold without "my own" prior "written" consent. This is something I sent out to the list a while ago in response to my hearing of tickets being sold for higher than face value once the event was listed as sold out. Please also note that on the day of the event, you MUST have a ticket in hand and you MUST be the persons that are listed on the ticket for you to gain attendance to the event.

4) Speaking of tickets...can you print yours?

I'd say that this would be a GREAT time for those of you that are attending to login to the registration system at
    www.dismeets.com/register and verify that you can click the button that says PRINT TICKET. If you CANNOT click this button and you have paid and believe you should be able to click the PRINT TICKET button, I need to know asap. Please email support@dismeets.com with any questions. You MUST print the ticket and have it present with you when you check in on the day of the event. You MUST keep a copy of the ticket with you throughout the event. Don't give it to someone else. Do NOT leave it laying around on the tables. (Some were thrown out by accident last year) Did I mention you MUST have a ticket to enter the meet? Did I mention you need to PRINT THE TICKETS BEFORE you leave the house to go to the meet? Did I....well I did. I hope this helps.

That's all for now. I've covered a lot. Schedules will be coming soon if I can get the survey results as fast as I anticipate getting them.

I am sincerely looking forward to seeing everyone on the 15th. Let's get ready to party people!!!!

Fred Block
    DisMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydreamer98
    Hey April! I hope you are planning on attending this breakout and come back and share everything you learn!!!! Maybe a mini tape recorder so you won't forget anything! I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not, because I'll be working the auction....but my mom (goofygirl) is going to go, so she will bring back notes for me.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard&Bianca

We are leaving on Friday afternoon and I was wondering when anyone else in MA and CT are leaving.
    Mom (goofygirl) and I are leaving first thing Sat. Morning. We are hoping to arrive by 9:00 am.

Can't wait to see you!

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard&Bianca

I'm leaving MA early friday morning, picking Brian up in CT about 9:30 or so. We hope to be in Allentown mid afternoon

JoDisneyNut is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofygirl
    Hoping for the same this year but I already know the gas prices are about .80 a gallon higher than last year.
    Ugh I hear ya on the gas prices...we were just at my in-laws in Va. Beach and the gas down there is like .40 CHEAPER per gallon than it is in our part of PA! Crazy! But it'll be worth it for a Dismeet! Whoa only 5 days to go, looking forward to seeing you all there! We're just staying Friday night ... something tells me I'm gonna wish we stayed both nights!
    Jo Disney Nut

Been to WDW 11 times! Need to go again!

1979 Ft. Wilderness
    1987 Off Site - Sr. Class Trip!
    1989 Off Site
    1992 Carribbean Beach Resort
    1996 Polynesian Resort
    1999 Coronado Springs Resort
    2001 Port Orleans Riverside + 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise!
    2003 All Star Movies Resort
    2004 Pop Century Resort
    2005 Coronado Springs Resort
    2007 Port Orleans French Quarter

Upcoming trips!
    August 20, 2009 Port Orleans Riverside
    August 22, 2009 Disney Magic 7 Night Cruise!

flutter is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoDisneyNut
    Ugh I hear ya on the gas prices...we were just at my in-laws in Va. Beach and the gas down there is like .40 CHEAPER per gallon than it is in our part of PA! Crazy! But it'll be worth it for a Dismeet! Whoa only 5 days to go, looking forward to seeing you all there! We're just staying Friday night ... something tells me I'm gonna wish we stayed both nights!

Gas prices are about 3.08/g around here....any better in PA?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast