Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Northeast Disney Fan Meet 2006! in the Vacation Planning forums; OK... it's official!! The 2nd annual Northeast Disney Fan Meet will take place on... Saturday, July 15th, 2006. More details to follow, but mark your calendars now! I'd love to ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Northeast Disney Fan Meet 2006!

OK... it's official!!

The 2nd annual Northeast Disney Fan Meet will take place on...

Saturday, July 15th, 2006.

More details to follow, but mark your calendars now! I'd love to see a whole bunch of DWT fmaily members there!

For more information about last year's meet, please visit www.DisMeets.com and check out the thread and photo gallery on DWT!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    Do you have any particulars yet, such as place, time or cost??

~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    No details other than that I know that you'll definitely be there. No excuses.
    Lou Mongello

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    If you gather in Michigan, I'll be there....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Just met with Fred, the person who runs the DisMeets... WOW!

Look for more details coming very soon, as well as a registration page on the DisMeets site!!!

Lou Mongello

It... is... TIME!!!!

Hello Everyone!

"My name is Fred Block and I am a Disney nut!"

Anyway...on to things you DON'T already know....

I'm extremely proud and excited to announce the official 2006 Disney Meet is on! Being that you are on the mailing list, and probably went to last year's event, you get the goods FIRST!

I'm happy to say that on July 15th 2006 we will be returning to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Allentown, PA for a bigger...badder...and better meet than last year!! (A tall order some might say!!!)

Why will this year's meet be better? Well, those of you that attended last year may recall that we asked for your input with a survey after the meet was over. Your voices have been heard and we made lots of changes to make this year's meet even better.

Before I go into that, I should say that based on the 2005 meet survey, 97% of you said the event met or exceeded your expectations!

So with that off of my chest, Let's get to the meat (GREAT PUN!) and potatoes...

Here is a list of the changes we've made for this year's meet. I've started each one with the main issue and then I'll answer with what we did to make it better.

1) It's over already? Where did the day go?

Feedback: We received lots of comments that last year's meet was too short.

Solution: This year we've added 2 hours to the event. We will start one hour earlier and are extending the meet 1 hour later. The official time is from 11am to 6pm. Registration will begin before that to allow for plenty of time to settle down and relax.

2) Oh my gosh...what's the rush? Who's speaking now???

Feedback: I wanted to pack in a fun filled schedule and make the most of the day. Problem was that there really wasn't enough time to do everything we wanted in the time we had and that also meant sitting at the table for a good part of the afternoon.

Solution: This year we've reduced the number of main ballroom speakers to 2. This gives you something great to listen to for a smaller part of the already extended day but also gives you plenty of time to sit back and enjoy your lunch, make new friends, ya know....mingle. We've also gone two steps further and secured two additional smaller rooms for seperate conferences to be held. We hope to have at least three 30 minute presentations per room throughout the day for you to pick and choose which one you want to go to.

3) Speaking of food...you call that lunch? Where's the beef?!?!?!

Feedback: We had a nice sit down meal with a lunch size serving that some people thought was a little on the small side.

Solution: This year we have a grand buffet instead! All you can eat! Anyone NOT get that? Let me explain...eat all you want as much as you want till you explode. Well...I take that back.

4) Those poor kids must be bored...there's nothing for them to do.

Feedback: There were numerous concerns that there wasn't enough for the kids to do last year and they got bored sitting around.

Solution: This year we are sectioning out an area of the main ballroom for kids to have a play area. This will be secured and attended by some meet volunteers. Since it is directly connected to the main ballroom there will be only one way in and out for security. (Parents will be responsible for their children at all times!) Games and activities will be held throughout the day for the kids to keep busy.

5) There's no bar or swimming pool. That's no fun!

Feedback: The hotel sprung it on me last minute that the bar was under renovation so it was closed and the pool was just refilled so the water was freezing.

Solution: The hotel has gone under a complete refurbishment and it is completed. There's a brand new sports bar with numerous big screen Tvs, pool tables, and free internet access workstations. The pool area has been redone and the pool itself was emptied, painted, and refilled with a all new heater. Play time for kids AND adults! Woohoo! Along with the pool and bar, the restaurant on site has been renovated and has a completely new menu.

6) I found a room rate that was cheaper than the meet block rate online. What's the deal?

Feedback: Last year there was some confusion over how the meet room block was handled and the hotel's internet division had cheaper room rates on discount hotel websites.

Solution: This year they brought the room rate down from $99 a night to $83 a night plus tax. A nice drop in price. There will also be a custom internet webpage for people who want to book a room against the meet room block so reserving a room will be even easier than before!

7) When will the prizes run out???

Feedback: Spread out the giveaway activities throughout the event rather than having them mostly at the end.

Solution: Last year, the end of the event was spent doing drawings. This year we'll be doing them periodically throughout the day. Due to budget constraints, there may not be as many prizes as last year but we are doing our best!

8) Who's coming in 2006??

Feedback: In addition to your favorite speakers, you told us you wanted to have different speakers for 2006!

Solution: This year's Main Ballroom Speakers will be attending their very first Disney Fans Meet! You know their names, perhaps even read their work. We'll be announcing who they are very soon! Think you already know? Hrmmmm....you might....you just might....

One more important thing to note is that for this year's meet, I had
    a custom database system created for meet attendees to use. It allows you to pre-register (this is telling us that you are interested in attending but are not committed as of yet) and when ready, you can go back, log in with your username and password, and pay for your meet registration. You'll then be given a page to use as your meet attendance voucher. The registration system also allows you to easily add and remove additional attendees which I feel is sure to make things easier in the long run.

If you would like to pre-register, please go checkout http://www.dismeets.com/registerand be sure to fill out all required fields. Feedback is welcomed. Note that the payment function is currently disabled as we are not prepared to accept payments at this time. More info will come in a future list message when we are ready.

So there ya have it. An intro of what's to come. Stay tuned for more info including official meet pricing, the very special guests that will be in attendance, and much more!

We are also seeking sponsors for the meet. Table and advertising space is available. If interested, please contact me via email. support@dismeets.com.

Thanks for being (very!) patient. We're gonna rock Allentown!

Fred

Lou Mongello

Bernard&Bianca is offline A-Ticket holder
    Cool Beans Fred and Lou!!!

Can't wait to see everyone again! We may even bring the kids with us this time.

Let us know if there is anything else you need. Ray just started a new job that is keeping him stateside so his schedule is much more flexible.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

1980 - Disneyland 25th anniv. (I was 7)
    July 2004 - First trip to WDW DS 8th B'day
    2005 - April, Aug, Oct, Dec
    2007 - March and Dec

brian666 is offline A-Ticket holder

disney meet

i happened upon this web site by accident and it seems pretty cool.did not know there were fellow disney nuts out there.my family and i have been to disney world every year since 1998.this year we are planning to drive to disneyland.being we are from ny and and have to go thru allentown and my vacation starts on july 15 it seems like a good deal.we also plan to stop in marceline and visit his home town.anybody else drive out there? like to hear on where you stopped along the way.my kids have grown up on disney with a heavy dose of the man being i'm 49 and remember disney being a kid seeing him on tv also seeing the 64 worlds fair.

GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    there's a bar!? i may have to check this out.........you know, to cause trouble!

i'm only kidding.........i'm actually going to be one of the volunteer secuirty people for the kids area!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    WELCOME BRI666...your trip sounds fun, just pick us up on the way out of PA...lol

GRUMPY---if you are security for the kids, I have complete confidence in leaving my daughter in your care.

We are going to try to come this year.....hopefully
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Thumbs up Update!! New Guests Announced!!!

I am pleased to announce the very special guests for the 3rd Annual Disney Fan Meet on July 15th 2006! We hinted that you might know who they are. Several of you already sent in emails with guesses...

So, without further delay...

Steve Barrett - Author of "Hidden Mickeys, A Field Guide to Walt Disney
    World's Best Kept Secrets"
    and "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation"

Steve’s first visit to Walt Disney World was in the late 1980's during a medical conference he attended in Orlando. After the lectures and workshops each day, he ventured into the parks. Not an amusement park fan, he expected only minor, whimsical enjoyment. What he experienced was much more: a magical, fantastic awakening. He was hooked!

His fascination grew to fervor as he immersed himself into researching Hidden Mickeys in 2002. "Hidden Mickeys, A Field Guide to Walt Disney World's Best Kept Secrets" came out in 2003 and the second edition in 2005. He also has a website www.hiddenmickeysguide.com, to showcase descriptions and photos of Hidden Mickeys.

Steve also wrote "The Hassle-Free Walt Disney World Vacation", his first book, that contains customized touring plans for Disney nuts like himself.

Steve’s talk will focus on some of his favorite Hidden Mickeys. He'll also show some questionable Hidden Mickeys and ask the audience to vote as to whether the Hidden Mickey is legitimate or not.

Mike Scopa - MousePlanet.com Columnist

Mike Scopa has been a Disney fan since the tender age of five. He first visited Walt Disney World in 1975 and has been going ever since. Don’t ask him how many times he’s been…he’s lost count.

He began conducting seminars on Walt Disney World trip planning techniques for first time guests, travel agents, and even Magic Kingdom Club Card directors.

Mike is in his 6th year as Walt Disney World content provider for Mouseplanet.com. His “Scoping the Parks” column appears twice monthly and focuses on everything you wanted to know about Walt Disney World and more.

Some of Mike’s articles have appeared on several other Disney sites including Roy Disney’s “Save Disney” site. He’s also a contributing writer for both “The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World” and Cara Goldsbury’s “Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World”.

Mike will discuss the mystique of "The Disney Zone", the hold that the Disney culture has on those of us who just seem to feel a bit special when experiencing the Walt Disney World Resort. He will also tie in this mystique with a recollection of a special magical moment that was 40 years in the making.

Steve and Mike will be our special Main Ballroom speakers! I hope you are as excited as I am to welcome them both to this year's event.

We'll also have some returning special guests from last year's event!

Deb Wills
    - Author of "PassPorter's Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs" and Webmaster - http://www.allearsnet.com

Lou Mongello - Author of the "Walt Disney World Trivia Book"

John Rick - Founder of the "Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders"

And who knows??? There may be some additional surprises to come!

Again, for this year's event, I had a custom database system created for meet attendees to use. It allows you to pre-register (this is telling us that you are interested in attending but are not committed as of yet) and when ready, you can go back, log in with your username and password, and pay for your meet registration. You'll then be given a page to use as your meet attendance voucher. The registration system also allows you to easily add and remove additional attendees which I feel is sure to make things easier in the long run.

Just some info about the new registration system.

The master record is made by the person who signs up and creates a username and password for the account. After creating the master record, you can add and remove additional attendees.

Please be aware that the person creating the master record in the registration system will be / is responsible for payment of all added attendees.

If you don't want that, have each person make their own registration.

If you would like to pre-register, please go checkout http://www.dismeets.com/register and be sure to fill out all required fields. Feedback is welcomed. Please use the tell a friend feature to tell everyone about the meet! The more the merrier right?

Note that the payment function is currently disabled as we are not prepared to accept payments at this time. More info will come in a future list message when we are ready.

We are still seeking additional sponsors for the meet. Table and advertising space is available. If interested, please contact me via email. support@dismeets.com

Thanks for your support!

Fred

Lou Mongello

Razzi is offline B-Ticket Holder
    A bar, a pool, and Mickey all less than 2 hours away from home. Think I may just have to pencil this one in. Sounds like a great time.
    Don't frown because it's over, Smile because it happened.

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDude
    there's a bar!? i may have to check this out.........you know, to cause trouble!

i'm only kidding.........i'm actually going to be one of the volunteer secuirty people for the kids area!
    Anyone else interested in volunteering at the meet?

Grumpydude-If you are serious, you're hired!

~please PM me here or email me at colleen@dismeets.com~

For those who do not know me, my name is Colleen and I am officially helping Fred coordinate and organize this years' volunteers at the Disney Fans Meet.

Anyone who wants a list of the volunteer positions available may email or PM me the address to which you'd like it sent.

Thank you for your support,

TTFN

~colleen~aka~tiggie~
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Come on, everybody! I'm hoping to see a big turnout from the DisneyWorldTrivia.com family!!!!

Lou Mongello

brian666 is offline A-Ticket holder
    it is sat 12pm and my three kids and 4 other kids who are loafing around my house, are watching the history of the carousel of progress and people mover.we are planning to come for then its off to dl.my wife and kids are kind of hesitant because we dont know anyone but i try to tell them that we all have something in common which is a fondness of our type of disney.when i say type its because there is so many things that disney has done that each of us identify with something differant.when i think of disney i think of the man watching him on wonderful world of color.the first color tv show i saw was this.even walt sad when he was alive that he has produced a company and a feeling that he is no longer walt disney but disney is mindset.lou i was in a bike club in high school and rode our bikes to a catholic school in scotch plains dont remember the name though.i remeber they had an outdoor wood bike or roller skating track.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast