Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss how about a midwest Dwt meet :) in the Vacation Planning forums; Dont forget that a lot of hotels have meeting places in them. The first thing you have to do is get some sort of approximate date and a bit of ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Dont forget that a lot of hotels have meeting places in them. The first thing you have to do is get some sort of approximate date and a bit of a headcount, then check into venues. If less then 100 or so ppl are interested then you only need a small place like in the hotel. Lock in date and place as soon as possible. Also the bigger the place the higher the cost for sponsers, and guests. Maybe setting a limit of how many come might be a good idea. Doing this at an off time of the meet in Allentown (theirs is in summer-have a late fall winter meet)is a good idea too to increase attendance at both.

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    are both those near chicago?
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

Timon5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    yes they are
    Shaumburg is the home of wood feild mall the Hyatt that knows the fannish typeis across the street from it

yes they are
    Shaumburg is the home of wood feild mall the Hyatt that knows the fannish type is across the street from it
    I do help with conferances

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I'm sitting in Naperville at work right now. I've always dreamed of a disneymeet in the midwest. I would love it if it came true.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

then lets do it....I'm sure Lou would share his knowledge of the allentown meet - and maybe we could convince him to come be a speaker?!? We don't even have to have big time speakers...and if we know anyone who owns or runs a travel agency in the chicago area - perhaps they'll help sponsor it....

Seriously, if we can get 20 people or so to say lets go....then lets go!!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    someone should contact Lou then and ask him what we should do. Maybe he'd be able to help set things up or knows someone who would.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

njbmickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Count me in for a mid-west meet. I tried to go to Allentown but it was impossible to get a resonable flight schedule from here. Chicago is one of my favorite places and very easy to get to. Nashville is another area to consider. It is very central for many people. :mickey:

ohhh....Nashville might be fun! Chicago has cheaper flights for me though...

Allentown took a year for the first one to happen dont worry We can work out a time and place for next year
    Rem Wdw was not built in a year

Hiya putting on Basic meet

If we can get at least 100 preregisterd and have an idea when Where and How much
    How many room nghts to have Hotel set a side.
    Event insurance for bad weather etc un used rooms must be payed for
    Guest of honor Depending on what kind of agreement we can arrange them
    Hotel function space how little or how much
    Dealers or sponsors rooms. Art sales ? charity auction or very basic
    costume Ball or contest just very basic ideas can be reworked easy

Thease are the basics
    its hard to organize this way

If we can Dream then we can do it
    Timon
    Last edited by Timon5; 08-21-2006 at 11:41 PM. Reason: flow

njbmickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    We could probably get some guidance and advice from the man himself, Fred Block.

good idea

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    LIke Tammi said...if we get 20 ppl we are good to go. Set a date and city first and foremost. Do a poll to see when and where most ppl would like to go. Then go by majority. PLease lets do this on the off season...it is sooooooo much cheaper for rooms and more chance of getting ppl who wouldnt be able to afford peak season(aka-summer) PM me if you want on this. I love planning things.

I'm okay during NOT summer, as long as we don't go where its too COLD!!

So, lets get it going - we've suggested a couple locations, so lets start a poll with that...we've heard Chicago, and Nashville...anything else? I once went to Myrtle beach in October - ocean front rooms were dirt cheap, tho the ocean was too cold to play in it was still a fun place to be for a couple days (for those who would make the trip a couple days long)...any other city suggestions?? I'll also throw out Columbus OH (or Dayton or Cincinnati) - simply because its fairly close to me.

Vixen - want to start a poll? I don't know how to do that...
    Last edited by PrincessTammi; 08-22-2006 at 06:08 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast