Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss how about a midwest Dwt meet :) in the Vacation Planning forums; pick 2 chicago area hotels vote set set date I most likely will be going to mouse fest in Dec...
    Timon5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    pick 2 chicago area hotels vote set set date
    I most likely will be going to mouse fest in Dec

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    You really have to decide on a time of year and a place before choosing hotels and even those will have to be flexible. I like OCT. Or possibly in the spring??? PPL have money during tax time. There is such a huge flucuation in rates that it is ridiculous. Lets keep it somewhere western Pa and over to ???? maybe Chicago area. There are SOOOOOOO many hotels in the Chicago area that you would have to have a poll like 2 pages long. LOL. Give me a bit and I will figure out how to do a poll. (LOL..I dont know how either Tammi---no time like the present to learn...lol)

Someone will have to get on some of the other sites and set up the same poll or least spread the word. Dont forget the Allentown meet consisted of ppl from quite a few different sites, so dont expect over 100 ppl just from here. Tho if we keep this affordable and fun, more ppl will come.

HEY LOU! This is ok with you right?
    Last edited by vixen101485; 08-22-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Thats what Im hoping for , I have done similar events from 100 to 500+ My most favored chain down there is the Hyatt Would love to have it near the interstate Oct is fine for me all I need to know is the time and day witch Hotel burb etc april depending when waster is or what ever
    What time of year is good for for ya meaning all interested

Poll is up...I picked major cities to make it more fun and have more things to do.

We will get an approximate head count, then figure out what we are doing. Doesnt have to be anything fancy in hotel ballrooms or convention halls. Depending on the number of ppl there are bigger restaurants that can handle 100 ppl and most give you the room for next to nothing or nothing as long as you eat there.

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    Where is the poll??? I'm in for Chicago

Duh never mind, found it
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

totaly understood
    thanks

Just Drpped by to say hi Are plans still in the hooper?

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Hey Vixen - I was supposed to call you, and I dropped the ball...things have been crazy for me, both at home and at work...I'm preparing for surgery next week and my time is just nuts....lets keep this going. Declare a winning city, and if you haven't done so - maybe put up a poll for dates?!? I promise I'll help as much as I can...
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

I have to put this on hold for a while. We are desperately home hunting by the end of this month. So I am not sure when I can get back to doing this. Chicago and Cleveland were pretty much tied for votes but I hadnt had a chance to look into venues and activities. But the way things are going I will not be able to financially do Chicago... too far gas wise so if you want to do Chicago sooner then April go ahead Timon. Just remember ppl do have budgets.
    I am going to try to set up something closer(PGH OR CLEV) for the end of April but I have to find a place to live first. No reason we cant do both places. Especially if they are different times.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Bump it up.

well I do to so no problem
    well seem pretty broke right now
    Last edited by Timon5; 09-23-2006 at 10:15 PM. Reason: punching up

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    Trying to revive this idea, Magicmeets seemed so fun and it would amazing if we could organize a midwest meet. Chicago seems ideal to me, maybe just cause im pretty close. lol
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'm up for something like this! I'm on the Western side of the state but make it into Chicago several times a year.

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Chicago is good for me too....I COULD technically drive there (about 8 hours I think), but flying is cheap (hovers around $150 roundtrip from columbus ohio)...besides, I have family there. and they have oprah, and broadway plays, and the field museum, and the cubs....chicago's alright!! I'm glad this came back up...if it flies, I'd do my best to be there!!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast