Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss how about a midwest Dwt meet :) in the Vacation Planning forums; Ideas for a reiigonal meet Maybe get a chance to meet some you only know by key strokes but cant afford Wdw . Just a thought Timon...
    Timon5 is offline A-Ticket holder

how about a midwest Dwt meet :)

Ideas for a reiigonal meet
    Maybe get a chance to meet some you only know by key strokes but cant afford
    Wdw .
    Just a thought
    Timon
    Last edited by Timon5; 09-24-2006 at 11:37 AM.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I personally think that the whole Allentown meet should be recreated for those of us in the Midwest, in the Midwest! I can do Chicago.
    They call me "Nana"

Well start thinking about a time a date year, How many how much what would be the best place in Chicago etc could it be done with or with out an overnight for some would depend on distance traveled. I helped put on the Wiscon scifi conferance many years ago it has morphed over a very long in time to almost a 1000 members at its highest point 300 at its lowest point.
    I know that we would have well it cant really for sure 100 signup right away and i notice allentown is becoming bigger in scope you will need extra like minded help to pull it off
    i wil help you the best i can because of the distance involved
    Thanks Timon

Shere_Khan is offline As the world falls down...
    I can also do Chicago.

"Almost everyone is mad here. You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself." - Chesire Cat

"You have spirit for one so small, and that spirit deserves a fighting chance." - Shere Khan

Timon

midwest Dwt meet

Hiya
    Where would you like to meet in Chicago ?
    Do you know some one that knows someone that has some savey withe the Chicago hotel convention sales and stuff ,Because i would like an allentown style meeting would be great
    I realy dont want ask but im a meerkat out of his element when it comes to Chicago Where i come from I know all the right doors to knock on Please let me know
    Timon
    Last edited by Timon5; 07-16-2006 at 12:46 PM. Reason: needs more info

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Don't let this die...its a good idea. Chicago is a fascinating place - lots to do, so folks could make a long weekend out of the trip.

Here is a thought - I dream of someday participating in a DANSKIN triathlon for breast cancer, specifically the one held at the MK; but they also have one near Chicago in July or August - if you picked that weekend, we (or maybe just I) could go support the women in hte competition! Or we could form a team ("team dwt") and be a part of it!!
    Just a thuoght - to give a time frame for when to go...(remember, Chicago is HOT in the summer time!)
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

We will need to see how much reponse we get thats , you have a good idea
    Last edited by Timon5; 08-13-2006 at 11:23 AM. Reason: polishing

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I wouldn't mind doing Chicago. We could make a bit of a vacation out of it as we have someone to visit in the Nakomis area. ONLY ONE REQUEST---is it possible to do an off season rate time of year. As much as I would have loved to do Allentown, we just couldnt afford 300$ for 2 days and that was only hotel and tickets for 2 adults and 1 kid. Plus more hotel choices and activities to do in Chicago.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessTammi
    Here is a thought - I dream of someday participating in a DANSKIN triathlon for breast cancer, specifically the one held at the MK; but they also have one near Chicago in July or August - if you picked that weekend, we (or maybe just I) could go support the women in hte competition! Or we could form a team ("team dwt") and be a part of it!!

LOL....YEAH! Sure I will run a zillion miles swim an ocean of water and bike till my tires fall off. NOT! Sorry Tammi I'm just not an athletic competition type girl. The MS walkathon is pretty much my limit. LOL

BTW...have you ever done Race for a Cure(it is usually around Moms day)? My DD did it when she was 14'ish and had a blast

Hi if we can get enough people to sign up for a meet we can get a special room rate the only big things would be , Renting the meeting area and food or we can voluntear our time for hospitality suites
    This is being very simple but thats how a meet or conferance is set up and the type of activities and speakers etc This is a lillte food for thought
    Timon

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    Remember - Chicago is a really big city - I should know, I lived near it for my whole life until I moved this December - and gets crowded near the holiday times. Many of the hotels down there would have room to fit the meet.
    Places to go for sightseeing - Sears Tower, Cubs/Soxs (baseball)/Bears (football)/Fire (soccer)/ Bulls (basketball) games, Navy Pier, a play, shopping on the Mighigan Ave., ESPN Zone, there are much to do!
    And if you can't do Chicago, I would reccommend a town around it.

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    LOL....YEAH! Sure I will run a zillion miles swim an ocean of water and bike till my tires fall off. NOT! Sorry Tammi I'm just not an athletic competition type girl. The MS walkathon is pretty much my limit. LOL

BTW...have you ever done Race for a Cure(it is usually around Moms day)? My DD did it when she was 14'ish and had a blast
    I'm not an athlete either (I'm 100+ lbs overweight, thats why I want to strive for something - its a personal goal), but its only like a .25 miles swimming, 7 miles biking and 2 miles running (which I will likely do walking), but I appreciate your honesty!! I don't compete for much of anything (save the last slice of pizza) LOL! It really was just a thought...and no, I haven't done the race for the cure, but if I can drop some weight, I plan to do ALL those kinds of things. Just trying to suggest a time-frame for Chicago.

Timing it around an event however, would probably put all the hotels in the area at peak rates, so it may not be such a great idea anyway.

Chicago has LOTS of small suburbs - if we pick one of those it would save money and we could hop that metra train into town for any site-seeing. I recently visited my family in Barrington and it was an easy trip into town.

We went to see King Tut at the field museum...I don't know how long that exhibit is there, but the museum itself is worthy of a day!!

And don't forget OPRAH! Isn't her show taped in Chicago?!? I'd LOVE to go see her!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

The best i can think of at the moment is Shuamberg near wood feild mall it handles the type of meet we would be they handle a scifi covention and a mascot conferance in nov we might do well out there
    thats all i can think about for the moment.
    Timon5
    Last edited by Timon5; 08-14-2006 at 09:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Soccergirl426 is offline Annual Passholder
    Also, Naperville I hear is the #2 place to live in the country...maybe another good spot?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast