Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss MouseFest 2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; Great Scott!! (haha.. that sounded unintentinally funny after I wrote it... Lou sees Dr. Emmit Brown from back to the Future in his head) Anyway... hope you can make it!! ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Great Scott!! (haha.. that sounded unintentinally funny after I wrote it... Lou sees Dr. Emmit Brown from back to the Future in his head)

Anyway... hope you can make it!!

And definitely check out Scott's site!!!! - PS Calculator.net!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Be sure to check out the MouseFest.org page for an updated list of events and attendees!!

If you're going to attend, be sure you post in our "MouseFest 2006 - Who's Going?" Thread

To make travel arrangements for MouseFest, we suggest calling or visiting our friends over at The Magic For Less Travel for a free quote.

Lou Mongello

scribmac is offline A-Ticket holder

MouseFest alone?

Hi, everyone!
    Just returned from a quick WDW surprise vacation (we told our kids we were going out to breakfast and ended up at the airport -- they grabbed onto each other and cheered)!

Anyway, I'm very interested in attending MouseFest -- but here's my question: Does anyone go alone? My schedule is pretty flexible and my family can't get away -- but I'd REALLY like to go...I just don't want to feel like I'm the only person there alone...(not that I mind being at Disney alone because I could find plenty to do).

Thanks (in advance) for your feedback!

Michelle (scribmac)

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    If you look at the attendee list (http://www.mousefest.org/attend06.htm) you'll see a large number of individual attendees. Don't worry, there'll be hundreds of friendly, Disney fans at WDW that week! You definitely won't be alone. It would help if you could introduce yourself, before December roles around, on some of the online communities that will be represented at MouseFest.
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

AnnF is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'm going to try to go and if i do, I'll be going alone. I'm hoping that there will be an AP code, and I'm able to stay on Property.

~Ann
    My Blog
    Join Disney Swaps
    1991-offsite; 1995-Ft.Wilderness; 1998-offsite; 2001-Grosvenor; 06/2001-offsite; 12/01-offsite; 12/02 offsite; 06/03 offsite;12/03 offsite; 12/05-ASMu; 8/06 Pop;*Upcoming 12/06 Pop;03/07 offsite*

Great! Please let me know if you find an AP code. I'm a DVC member....with points left for this year, but I want to save them for next year.
    Michelle

Thanks! This was very helpful!
    Michelle

dzneynut is offline Trivia Nut & Supplier of Games
    AP codes for rooms thru 12/23/06 have been released according to MouseSavers: http://www.mousesavers.com/disneyresorts.html#ap
    JamesD
    dzneynut@wdwradio.com

My DVD Profiler Collection

Future Disney Trips:
    Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2013 staying at Beach Club Villas for my birthday and Food & Wine Festival!
    Nov. 2-9, 2013 for WDWRadio Cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy!

tacey is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I'll be there

My first MouseFest, I am soooooooo excited

MouseFest Update!!

We now have 1039 Fans (194 are MouseFest Cruisers) registered for MouseFest 2006!!
    There are over 980 persons on the MouseFest Email list.

21 Meets will be held on the Disney Wonder (more meets are pending).

32 Land Meets plus the MegaMouseMeet on Saturday.

And Lou is SO psyched for it that he can't wait!!!
    Lou Mongello

collins316 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi Everyone!
    Just booked my trip.
    We will be coming in to Coronado Sprins on Thursday Dec 7th, through the 13th.
    Lou- I got to meet you at the Allentown meet earlier this year. and I am looking forward to seeing you again at the mega mouse meet.
    I plan on being at the trivi fest on Sunday.
    I would love to be at the Saturday Family reunion, at least for a while. We have PS seating for Le Cellier at 9:10 that eveing!
    Bernie

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA View Post
    I just discovered a potential problem in my master plan. That weekend is the same weekend my final exams start next semester. Although the dates and times of these exams sometimes get moved around by the professors, as for now I have to assume that they will be taking place on their schedueld dates and times. As it stands now, I have one exam Saturday morning from 8-10, and then three exams on Monday and then two more on Tuesday. So now it looks like I may only get to spend half a day on Saturday, and maybe have to leave early on Sunday evening so I can get home to do some last minute cramming.
    I wanna go to Walt Disney World!!!
    Well, now that I've started these classes, talked with professors, and checked out their syllabi (is that how you properly plurarize the word syllabus?), it appears that the one exam that is scheduled for Saturday morning will actually be taking place during the previous week (assuming no more days off for hurricanes and tropical storms of course), and none of my exacms on the following monday will start until 12:30pm, so I have time to cram before them. Looks like I am going to have time to do a full two days at Mousefest afterall! I love it when things fall nicely into place like that.

By the way, I'm liking the DWT family reunion on Saturday evening. I can dig it!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnF View Post
    I'd like to go, never been to one before, and knowing me and my personality this would be great because by then I'll probably be very talkative on the boards and I'll be an annual pass holder. My only question/worry is that are a lot of college age people that go. I won't be drinking age yet, and don't want to feel alone(other then driving down by myself) or anything. I'd probably go Friday-Sunday.
    Hey Ann, whatcha got against us college kids? Are you making the presumtion that we're all a bunch of drunks? Haha, just kidding. I'm college age (22 actually), and have never touched alcohol in my life (personal choice). I'll be there Saturday and Sunday by the sounds of it. I met a bunch of DWTers as well as some people from Disney fan sites I'd never even heard of before at least year's MouseFest, and I can't wait for this upcoming one. You'll love it, and make some neat new friends, I promise. Hope to see you there!

Quote Originally Posted by scribmac View Post
    Hi, everyone!
    Just returned from a quick WDW surprise vacation (we told our kids we were going out to breakfast and ended up at the airport -- they grabbed onto each other and cheered)!

Anyway, I'm very interested in attending MouseFest -- but here's my question: Does anyone go alone? My schedule is pretty flexible and my family can't get away -- but I'd REALLY like to go...I just don't want to feel like I'm the only person there alone...(not that I mind being at Disney alone because I could find plenty to do).

Thanks (in advance) for your feedback!

Michelle (scribmac)
    First of all... a suprise Disney trip = amazingly cool!!!

Secondly...I went solo last year and loved it. It was a bit awkward at times, because I can tell you right now that a lot of the planed meetups don't work out as they're planned because of lines, crowds, and even parking conflicts. So if you plan on going by your own to some of these events, pick your favorites and make sure you can make those ones. Don't try to get to too many, as you'll never make it to a bunch of them. But more than likely, you as a solo visitor will meet up with another Disney afficianado, from DWT or otherwise, and will find yourself tagging along with them (or them with you) for quite some time anyway. That's what happened to me last year. I rode Soarin' and Test Track with a bunch of people from Tagrel, which I'd never even heard of until I ran into the sea of red lanyards outside Soarin. Then I met a couple of folks at the Hidden Mickey hunt that let me tag along with them for a while, and then we walked over to the MegaMouseMeet together. Spent the rest of the day with Bonny and MJ, and then Sunday afternoon I ran into a few more people from here and spend a few hours with them at MGM and EPCOT. Sure I had a few moments of alone time, but is alone time in Disney really all that bad anyway?

I'm doing it again this year, and unless my roommate can break free of his finals, or my girlfriend decides to fly down and visit me that weekend, I too will probably be headed down on my own to just meet up and socialize with whoever I can. It's a lot of fun sharing the parks with hundreds... sorry, over a thousand, other Disney nuts. Don't miss it!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

flutter is offline Moderator
    See you there Don

Here are two of the logos for the DisneyWorldTrivia.com Meets at MouseFest (family reunion one coming soon!)

Lou Mongello

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Beam me up, Lou! Very Trekkie for the Podfest one.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast