Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss MouseFest 2006 in the Vacation Planning forums; As you may laready know, the dates for MouseFest 2006 have been announced. They are December 7-12, 2006 (land portion). This will be my third consecutive year attending (having been ...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Talking MouseFest 2006

As you may laready know, the dates for MouseFest 2006 have been announced. They are December 7-12, 2006 (land portion).

This will be my third consecutive year attending (having been snowed in for the first year), and I am hoping that the number of members from DWT will continue to increase.

That being said, I would like to try and setup ahead of time, a DisneyWorldTrivia.com "Family Reunion" during MouseFest. A time set aside just for us, to say hello, put faces to names, and maybe even share a snack, drink, meal... whatever! It's up to you all!

I am looking for your input and suggestions to see what and when works best for us all. I know we all have different schedules and obligations, but if we start thinking about it now, we can make something happen, I'm sure!

So, before doing a poll or asking for votes, etc., I'm looking for suggestions right now. How about:

Day:
    Meet Type: (meal, show, snack, drink, etc.)

This will open things up for discussion, and allow us all to make necessary arrangements.

I really hope to see as many of you there as possible. We have a community I feel is unlike any other online, and not only want to see and meet you all, but make our presence felt.

OK... let's go!!!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The mega meet is on Saturday 12/9.

Thinking back to an awesome time, I'll suggest:

Day: Saturday, 12/9
    Time: 9 p.m.
    Meet Type: Illuminations & hang out until security kicks us out of the park

I also really liked the *idea* of the Adventurer's Club meet, but Wednesday was too early in the week for me to get there. Plus I think a few of us will have kids along this time, so I don't know if that would work as well.
    Last edited by Lou Mongello; 04-07-2006 at 05:06 PM.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    I agree, Pat.

Last year was my first year of having meets other than the Trivia meet. I wanted to try a few different venues, etc., but this year I defintely want to have something that every age group in the family can attend. Being able to see and spend time with the members of my community is very important to me.

I may also consider hosting less meets and attending more, as (you of all people, Pat should know), my schedule last year was a little "hectic" to say the least.
    Lou Mongello

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Also, don't forget to head on over to Magical Mountain's Forums and vote on the type of Mousefest Meets you would be interested in seeing Magical Mountain sponsor

http://www.magicalmountain.net/forum...p?TID=844&PN=1
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    The mega meet is on Saturday 12/9.

Thinking back to an awesome time, I'll suggest:

Day: Saturday, 12/9
    Time: 9 p.m.
    Meet Type: Illuminations & hang out until security kicks us out of the park

I also really liked the *idea* of the Adventurer's Club meet, but Wednesday was too early in the week for me to get there. Plus I think a few of us will have kids along this time, so I don't know if that would work as well.
    I like this first idea.....this or Wishes would work for us....

I really hope that a DWT Family Meet wouldn't be at a place that is inappropriate for children.. (Pleasure Island, a bar, etc)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Oh no... that was the point of my post. Somewhere family-friendly of course!

Plus, while something like MVMCP may sound like a good idea as well, I also don't want it to be something/somewhere that might require an extra cost to people as well.

I'm liking the park-of-the-day in the evening idea.
    Lou Mongello

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Take me take me

-------------------------

Ok now 5 months later i am going to mousefest!!!
    Last edited by Kellie19891992; 09-27-2006 at 09:52 PM. Reason: update

flutter is offline Moderator
    I like Pat's idea too.......but I'm not above meeting for drinks too

Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    I like Pat's idea too.......but I'm not above meeting for drinks too
    Almost Mother's Day Tracy!!!

Sorry Off Topic

Lou, I also like that it won't be somewhere that costs extra, we are trying to be more involved in MF this year, but are again not sure what all we can do!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

Arrow MouseFest Official Park Dates Announced

To help in the planning and concept phase, here are the dates and times for the MouseFest events:

Thursday 12/7 - Magic Kingdom - Likely the MVMCP Night

Friday 12/8 - Disney's Animal Kimgdom - 9:00 am - 2:00 pm

Friday 12/8 - Disney-MGM Studios - 2:00 pm - closing - Osborne night

Saturday 12/9 - Epcot - MegaMouseMeet - 1:00 - 3:00 pm (most likely)

Sunday 12/10 - Magic Kingdom

Monday 12/11 - Disney-MGM Studios

Note that in addition to the "Family Reunion", I am also open to the idea of another meet(s) for everyone at MouseFest (other than the TriviaFest). Something fun and casual. An attraction meet? A meal?
    Lou Mongello

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I don't have a great idea, but you could also meet at a hotel... like by the pool or something. That would be more 'family friendly.'

However as for attractions to meet I would recommend...

Day: Monday 12/11

Time: 2pm?
    Meet Type: a ride together through the movies!

I may have to attend this year...
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    take me take meeee

robo85045 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    aw, the way my schedule is looking, I wont be able to attend any mousefests until 3 or so years from now (by then I will be in the Career Start program anyway...)
    The hardest task of all is believing in yourself, for who knows all your faults and shortcomings better?

Two tiny wings, eyes big and yellow
    Horns of a steer, what a loveable fellow
    From head to tail, a royal purple pigmant
    and then, WaLaa! you've got a Figmant!

Aspiring to be Cast Member for WDW. See any non-Disney behaviour from me? Point it out!

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Man, how come the MVMCP night and the Obourne night are never on weekends?

I'm planning on coming down to join in some of the Mousefest '06 festivities, but just like Mousefest '05, I will probably be restricted to the weekends only. (Hmm... I'm thinking I should also start looking into finding a cheap place to stay in/near Disney for Saturday night so I don't have to drive all the way to and from Daytona two days in a row like I did last year!)

I vote for having the DWT "family reunion" on either Sat or Sun so that I can attend, and preferably at one of the parks. Although I got to meet a bunch of members last year at the Dolphin for the mega mouse meet, I really only got to spend time in the parks with a couple of DWT folks. For some reason I'm thinking MGM would be a fun place for a DWT meet, but I know that doesn't really fit in with the MouseFest schedule of events, so I dunno. So, here's my suggestions:

Day: Sat or Sun please!!!
    : MGM would be my 1st choice... but I'd go for pretty much any park.
    Time: Not picky at all... if I'm going to make the roadtrip to Disney, I plan to be there all day, from around 8:30am til closing time, maybe even later if I can find a place to stay Sat night and don't have to drive back to Daytona.
    Type: A ride-a-thon sounds good to me, but I'm up for suggestions.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    (Hmm... I'm thinking I should also start looking into finding a cheap place to stay in/near Disney for Saturday night so I don't have to drive all the way to and from Daytona two days in a row like I did last year!)
    Gee, I have NO idea where you could find a cheap place to stay Don! You can stay here The BVC is open!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast