Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Planning a HUGE North East US Disney Meet July 2005 - Allentown PA in the Vacation Planning forums; We need ALL THE HELP we can get to hold up that bar!!! And I go on every ride there is, the spinners, the coasters...everything! Im always looking for a ...
    StaceyA is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We need ALL THE HELP we can get to hold up that bar!!!

And I go on every ride there is, the spinners, the coasters...everything!
    Im always looking for a ride partner and my mom is always looking for someone to not go on the rides with...LOL

My friend Bob goes on Coasters, but Im not sure about the spinning rides.

Look at those countdowns!! Getting close!

James Blunt!

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Great....flutter and mandabella will do the rides so I don't have to..... Okay, we are definitely going. Guess we have to miss the crayola factory
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    I got my Acme circular today, an Albertson's company. You can purchase Dorney Park tickets through them with your supercard for $24.50 for regulars and $11.50 for juniors.

Dorney Park and their new ride Hydra is getting a lot more press around here lately. The Great Adventure ads and their new Kingda Ka (now closed for repairs) don't seem to be...
    My friends and I are planning a day at Six Flags for the new coaster on Oct 22 for Fright Fest!
    Last edited by StaceyA; 06-22-2005 at 10:46 PM.

James Blunt!

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Question

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyA
    My friends and I are planning a day at Six Flags for the new coaster on Oct 22 for Fright Fest!
    Your DISney friends or your home friends?

I've been talking to a fellow DISney cruiser about having a mini-meet at six flags for Fright Fest!

~colleen~
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe
    Your DISney friends or your home friends?

I've been talking to a fellow DISney cruiser about having a mini-meet at six flags for Fright Fest!

~colleen~
    As of right now...Home Friends...but DISney friends are more then welcome!

Since we are in CT it will be an overnighter for us!

Have to try the new Kingda Ka!

October 22nd! Are you free that day? lol

James Blunt!

I've already got it pencilled in...

That's a local park for me, my DIS friend will be coming down from Manhattan (day trip) ... you and I can tawlk at the meet

okey dokey?
    °O° cj/nj °O°

I hafta warn ya tho...

Kingda Ka's been having some issues ... hopefully they have it running regular by October.

The park has had to replace the brake system on the ride more often than anticipated and it's creating alot of down time for the ride.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

I hafta warn ya tho...

Kingda Ka's been having some issues ... hopefully they have it running regular by October.

The park has had to replace the brake system on the ride more often than anticipated and it's creating alot of down time for the ride.
    I am hoping that Kingda Ka is up and running, hearing that does make me a little nervous about riding it!

But I guess if I can jump out of a perfectly good airplane then a little brake trouble won't scare me...lol

We will chat at the meet! I will have my Neon Green DISboards button with StaceyA on it, you won't miss me!

James Blunt!

I won't miss you...

I'll be checking everyone in at the door

The brakes work...

They're just needing constant maintenence...

SFGA had a similar issue with their twin coaster, except it was the "launching motors." They also needed replacement more often than GA expected and the ride was down a good portion of that summer. Now it's fine...I see it like getting a new car, you don't know what to expect with maintenence issues until you drive it.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

I won't miss you...

I'll be checking everyone in at the door

The brakes work...

They're just needing constant maintenence...

SFGA had a similar issue with their twin coaster, except it was the "launching motors." They also needed replacement more often than GA expected and the ride was down a good portion of that summer. Now it's fine...I see it like getting a new car, you don't know what to expect with maintenence issues until you drive it.
    You won't miss me for sure!
    I hope by Oct all the "test driving" has been done,...lol

James Blunt!

Talking

I hope by Oct all the "test driving" has been done,...lol

I absolutely agree...

see you in about 16 more days.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Big thanks to Sharla Whalen for putting together a great press release.

For immediate release

DISNEY WORLD FANS CONVERGE ON ALLENTOWN

The second annual Disney Fan Meet will come to Allentown on Saturday, July 9, 2005. Pixie dust will be sprinkled over the Crowne Plaza Hotel on Hamilton Boulevard in center city Allentown where Disney World fans will meet, greet, compete, and leave replete! Disney World celebrity guest speakers, informal events, contests, and a festive meal will be enjoyed from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. Attendees will be drawn from states across the Northeast. Many attendees are members of online Disney forums, some with more than 80,000 members. The excitement of the event tides fans over until their next trip to Florida. Disney World is the number one travel destination among Lehigh Valley residents, said Greg Bystrom of Allentown’s Liaison Travel.

According to Crowne Plaza general manager Jonathan Carter, "Disney Magic touches people all over the World with memories lasting a lifetime. The Crowne Plaza Allentown is honored to host this magical event and looks forward to its return for years to come."

Organizer Fred Block of New Jersey says that Allentown will likely be the permanent home of the meet, thanks to its central location in the Northeast. Block, his wife Renee, and two daughters are long time Disney fans and visit Walt Disney World in Orlando several times a year. Last year the Blocks coordinated the Disney fan meet at the Victorian Manor in Edison, NJ. Disney fans in surrounding states have agitated for their own events, resulting in this year’s large Northeast meet. Block chose Allentown for the meet by triangulating the center of an eight-state area. Using mapping software, he drew a circle with a 190-mile radius, and Allentown was right in the center.

Prizes and giveaways at the meet include round trip stretch transportation from the Orlando airport to Disney resorts via Myorlandolimo.com.

A donation will be presented to the Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation at the meet. According to Executive Director Cara Martin, Starlight Starbright - MidAtlantic is delighted to be receiving a portion of the proceeds from the Disney Fan Meet. The foundation appreciates the kind-heartedness of Disney fans who understand the magic of Disney and the importance of making a difference in the lives of seriously ill children. Starlight Starbright's mission is to transform the lives of seriously ill children and their families through imaginative programs that educate, uplift their spirits, foster a sense of community, and help alleviate the pain and fear of prolonged illness. The donation will be accepted at the meet on behalf of Starlight Starbright by Deborah Wright. Wright is the reigning Mrs. Maryland International and has dedicated a portion of her year of service to volunteering with Starlight Starbright. She will compete in Skokie, Illinois, for the title of Mrs. International 2005 this July.

In the pantheon of online Disney World personalities, there are no bigger, more recognizable names than those attending this meet.

Deb Wills - Author and Webmaster - http://www.allearsnet.com
    Bitten by the Disney bug at an early age, Wills has combined skills in computer technology with love for Disney World theme parks to create Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Information Guide. In the last nine years, she has developed the website into one of the most up-to-date, independent resources about Walt Disney World on the Internet, with more than 4,000 pages of information, 4,000 photos, and menus from every WDW restaurant. Her site receives more than 4.5 million "page views" and over 500,000 unique visitors per month. Deb also publishes ALL EARS®, a free weekly electronic newsletter that has nearly 56,000 subscribers from around the world. “I'm very honored that Fred asked me to be a special guest at the Allentown gathering this summer,” said Wills. “I love meeting Disney fans.”

Lou Mongello - Author of the Walt Disney World Trivia Book
    Louis Mongello has been fascinated by Walt Disney World throughout his more than 40 visits, and in the process learned everything he could about the history, secrets, and inner workings of the resort. Lou will host a Disney Trivia game using questions from the thousands he has assembled for his book. This was a great success at last year's Disney Fan Meet. Lou's site, www.DisneyWorldTrivia.com , offers vacation planning, news, tips, articles, free downloads, MP3, pictures, videos, lively discussion forums, and more.

John Rick - Founder Central Jersey Disney Pin Traders John will speak about the art and obsession of Disney pin trading. Attendees can show off the best of their collections and maybe even trade a few!

Len Testa - Director of Data Collection and Field Research for The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World Len is a contributor to this best-selling independent guidebook on Walt Disney World. He leads data collection projects ranging from FASTPASS distribution times and Disney bus transportation efficiency to hotel search engine analysis. Len also wrote the Unofficial Guide's tour planning software, an outgrowth of his Masters and PhD research into time-dependent scheduling problems. One of the best perks of Len's job is having to visit every attraction to ensure the Guide's descriptions remain accurate.

Janis Lavender, owner of Travel Dreams travel agency will also be on hand at the event to answer questions about Disney travel. Although a full service travel agent, her passion for Disney always leads her right back to the "Mouse." She has clients from all over the world, wanting to visit Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or the Disney Cruise Line -- especially during the current 50th Anniversary Celebration. Janis is recently returned from the Disney Magic 2 week repositioning cruise sailing from Florida through the Panama Canal to Los Angeles.

Allentown-area author Sharla Whalen will also attend the meet. Whalen is the author of the Faithful Friends children’s series (part of accelerated reader programs at schools nationally) and The Betsy-Tacy Companion, a biography of author Maud Hart Lovelace. Her upcoming book, A Scrapbooker's Guide to Walt Disney World, is part travel guide, part Disney photography handbook, part scrapbooking compendium. Her online "Disney Photo Quest" provides a list of Disney World photos being sought for her book. Disney fans who would like to contribute a family photograph for inclusion in the project can visit www.PlanSnapScrap .com to consult the photo quest.

This is a big year for Disney World fans. The resort is holding their "Happiest Celebration on Earth" -- the biggest in Disney history. The celebration commemorates 50 years of Disney park magic that began when Disneyland welcomed its first guests in 1955. Among the new attractions opening at Disney World are "Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show" at Disney-MGM Studios, Soarin' at Epcot, "Cinderellabration" at Magic Kingdom, and Lucky the Dinosaur from the Walt Disney Imagineering R&D labs at the Animal Kingdom. The celebration continues next year with the opening of the Expedition Everest roller coaster at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

For further information, contact:

Fred Block

support@majesticnetworks.net

Janis Lavender ~ Travel Dreams
    JLTravelDreams@cs.com
    856 768-2511

Sharla Whalen
    Allentown, PA
    sswhalen@aol.com
    610 481-9253

Tina Mellenberg
    Events Coordinator
    Crowne Plaza Allentown
    904 Hamilton Street
    Allentown, PA 18101
    Phone: 610-433-2221 ext 7205

Cara Martin
    Executive Director
    Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation MidAtlantic
    2020 K Street NW Suite 800 Washington, DC 20006
    phone (202)293-7827
    www.starlight-midatlantic.org
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

judycats is offline D-Ticket Holder
    oh wow i wish i could go. it would be great to hang out with other disney fans and people from this site. plus i really really want to meet lou!

That's an awesome article Fred!

Good Job Sharla

I can't wait, this is gonna be sooo much fun!

Judycats: Are you anywhere near Allentown?

Lou and family might be going to Dorney on Sunday...that depends on his 8.999 months pregnant wife
    °O° cj/nj °O°

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Got a new picture of Mrs. Maryland International for everyone.

Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast