Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Planning a HUGE North East US Disney Meet July 2005 - Allentown PA in the Vacation Planning forums; WOOHOO! Was just made aware that we were mentioned in the July 3rd Morning Call. That's the local newspaper for the Allentown Area. It's about half way down on this ...
    Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WOOHOO! Was just made aware that we were mentioned in the July 3rd Morning Call. That's the local newspaper for the Allentown Area.

It's about half way down on this page:
    http://tinyurl.com/ddxku

DISNEY FANS TO MEET IN ALLENTOWN

When you wish upon a star, dreams come true — or so Disney fans believe. And pixie dust will be sprinkled over Allentown's Crowne Plaza for the second annual Disney Fan Meet from noon-5 p.m. Saturday, July 9. Lovers of all things Walt will gather to hear celebrity guest speakers, enjoy informal events and enter a contest. A ''festive meal'' will be a part of the day. The event is expected to draw Disney fans from eight states.

Fred Block, the event's organizer, lives in New Jersey and picked Allentown because of its central location in the Northeast. Using mapping software, he drew a circle with a 190-mile radius, and Allentown was right in the center. Among those present will be Lou Mongello, author of the ''Walt Disney World Trivia Book,'' Len Testa, director of data collection and field research for ''The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World'' and Deb Wills, the creator of ''Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Information Guide.''

A donation will be made during the event to the Starlight Starbright Foundation. The foundation aids seriously ill children with programs that educate and uplift their spirits.

For more information, contact Block at support@majesticnetworks.net or Tina Mellenberg, events coordinator, Crown Plaza Hotel, 610-433-2221, ext 7205.
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Question for ya....

Would someone be at the meet from the Starbright Foundation to answer questions if someone wanted information about working for them?

Sorry no but I can put you in touch with my direct contact there if you would like.

Email fred@dismeets.com
    Fred Block

Another news story. This time in the Allentown Times.

http://www.pennlive.com/living/allen...90.xml&coll=11

Anyone got a print copy they can save for me?

Woohoo!
    Fred Block

Everyone,

It's been brought to my attention that some of you may be concerned that photos being taken at the meet will be shared on the Internet after the meet. I will probably be taking over 200 photos throughout the day. There may be many others out of the 130 adults attending that will be taking photos as well. There are many people that couldn't attend that will want to see pictures from the event.

I just want to clarify, if you don't want to be part of the table photos and group photo that's certainly an option. Please just let me know when I am taking your table shot.

However, I want to state up front that there is no way I can guarantee that you won't be in "a" picture that makes it online. It's just not feasible for me to do that.

Also, I was going to leave this as a surprise but because of this concern I should also let you all know that there will be reporters and photographers stopping by to take pictures and interview guests. These pictures will be printed and possibly even used on the newspaper's online version. I have no control over that.

As always, I am out to make this a great day for everyone. If there is anything I can do to accomplish that, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Fred
    Fred Block

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    OOoohhhh! Paparazzi! hehehee
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Hey Lou! Are you ready!?!?!?!
    Fred Block

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Still trying to find all my stuff... Lots of rows of boxes to wade through... I'll be lucky if I can find enough stuff to wear!!
    Lou Mongello

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    It looks the remnants of Cindy is in the region. Everyone please drive safely on your way into Allentown tonight and tomorrow.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    Good Luck with the Hunt Lou!

After reading some of the other threads, I am grateful for you that you at least found some clothes

Did your prize box hunt helper arrive from England yet?

We're not on the road til tomorrow

I'll have to check how long it's supposed to take Cindy to move thru here?

I also have a Disney board friend headed to Orlando tonight

Dennis looks like he's just about to hit Florida

~I'm sending P&PD for all those affected~

Stay safe!
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Well it looks like yours truly will not be able to attend the meet. I got a sever case of the flu Tuesday night. I was hoping it would pass by today, but while I was loading my suitcase in the car this morning I decided it would be not be fair to everyone at the meeting to show up this sick. I hope everyone has a great time at the meet, and. I can’t apologize enough for canceling at the last moment. Hopefully some of us can meet up sometime this year.
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~
    Sorry to hear you are not well

Sorry you won't make the meet...we're you gonna drive up?

I like your website...it's already on my "favorites."

P&PD that you feel better soon.

~colleen~

nrose101 is offline Lez Do It!
    Thanks for the concern. I was actually flying up to Allentown tonight. My flight was supposed to leave Fort Lauderdale at 6 pm, and I was really hoping everything would be okay by then and I could still come up. However, even with taking it easy the past few days things are not getting any better. I hope everyone has fun tomorrow. I will be thinking about you all!
    Sincerely,

Nathan M Rose
    Owner of MagicalMountain, FlickDirect, Co-Host of The Award Winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast (Keep Babbling Forever!), and last but not least Co-Host of the Magical Definition Podcast.

Leaving for Allentown in about 30 minutes. Getting an early start setting up the hall tonight.

We'll be in the Presidential Suite by the way. Wife and I decided to splurge a bit so we are staying there for the weekend. :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

If I have time, I will try to pop online tonight from the hotel room.

The rooms all have high speed internet by the way!!

See you all tomorrow!
    Fred Block

Trying to blow outta here in the next couple of hours, Fredo, so we'll see ya there!!!

Manana, people!!
    Lou Mongello

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast