Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Planning a HUGE North East US Disney Meet July 2005 - Allentown PA in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum Oy... did you have your Kidneys removed with a sign saying "Welcome to the world of ARD?" no, but the labotomy was fun....
    GrumpyDude is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    avoiding "The Man's" infractions. can't keep a brotha' down!
    Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Oy... did you have your Kidneys removed with a sign saying "Welcome to the world of ARD?"
    no, but the labotomy was fun.

tiggerwannabe is offline ~Disney is my Therapy~

Talking ~Bumping~

Hi Lou!

It's official, I'm going to the meet in July!

See you there!

~TTFN~
    °O° cj/nj °O°

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Great!!!! Looking forward to seeing you there! Sounds like it's going to be a great time!

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Great!!!! Looking forward to seeing you there! Sounds like it's going to be a great time!

You know it will my friend!

I had such a good time at the last one. I knew I'd regret it if I didn't go to this one!

I'm even bringing a fellow DISer!
    She's a young, single person from my area that didn't go last year because she wouldn't drive by herself.
    °O° cj/nj °O°

tiggerguy is online now As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    It is looking more and more likely that I too will be attending the Allentown Meet. I am currently planning to arrive Friday evening and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing you again Lou
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

StaceyA is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    It is looking more and more likely that I too will be attending the Allentown Meet. I am currently planning to arrive Friday evening and leaving Sunday afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing you again Lou
    Hello!
    Brookfield CT here, I will also be attending the meet!
    Hope to see you there!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Anyone else planning on attending!!??? The list is growing, and it's gonna be GREAT!!!
    Lou Mongello

DisneyGuy81 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Unhappy Bummed Out

I would love to come to the meet but my best friend is getting married that day and I am the best man in the wedding. I will keep my ears and eyes openg for the next meet and will most certainly be there.

-Scott
    -Scott

The Happiest Place on Earth!!!

Scott... priorities, my friend!!

Oh, wait! I have a great idea! Tell them that rather thanm pay tens of thousands for a reception, they can have all the Guests come to the meet! We have a big room, places to sleep over (there's a bar there I'm sure for those that want/need it), plus games, food - everything they need!!!

I dunno.... sounds like a plan to me!!!
    Lou Mongello

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Scott... priorities, my friend!!

Oh, wait! I have a great idea! Tell them that rather thanm pay tens of thousands for a reception, they can have all the Guests come to the meet! We have a big room, places to sleep over (there's a bar there I'm sure for those that want/need it), plus games, food - everything they need!!!

I dunno.... sounds like a plan to me!!!
    LOL! I can hear it now...

Hey Majestic,

Could you please add 300 to the headcount please...:rotfl:

°O° cj/nj °O°

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    would love to come as it is only about 4 hours from me but no offense to deb..but i have to choose between allentown and WDW in September...hmmm tough decision...LOL besides hope we will then be moving out of this crappy apartment and into a house with a yard if we can get the loan(will know in about 3 weeks) *****fingers crossed***** ...you'd love the place Lou it has enuf yard space to put that monorail you wanted...LOL guess how i want to decorate the kitchen???..hehehe (oh wait! that's the Obsessed with Disney thread)

have fun there everyone!!!

Majestic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    There have been some questions thrown my way. Let me try to get them all answered at the same time.

Q: What is the cutoff date for paid meet registration?

A: As of right now, the cutoff is June 1st. Get your payments in please! If you also haven't done so, book your room! You MUST book the room before June 1st to get the promo rate that I have arranged!!!

Q: What is going on with plans for the Dorney Park day?

A: There is no "definate" for Dorney as of right now. All I know is that some people are going Saturday night after the meet and some are going Sunday. Some are actually doing both days too from what I have heard. You should be sending stacey@dismeets.com an email if you want more info or are interested in going to Dorney Park.

Q: Are there discount tickets for Dorney Park?

A: The Crowne Plaza has tickets for hotel guests at a pretty good discount rate. $26.00 per adult ticket. The hotel has advised me that there are supposedly no blackout dates for these tickets and they are only available to guests that are staying at the hotel. Any other arrangements for discounts are a work in progress. StaceyA is trying to get a list together. Try to contact her. stacey@dismeets.com

Q: What is the current headcount?

A: The headcount is still not where I wanted it to be but as I suspected, there are lots of people waiting to decide. When I first asked people if they would want to go I collected a list of close to 180 people. I would estimate the paid headcount to be around 60 to 70 people right now. I am anticipating at least 30 to 50 more this month alone. Maybe more if the word gets around better. Invite friends, family, and neighbors. You never know who may be interested and the more that come the better!

Q: I already mailed my payment in but haven't gotten my meal voucher. Is there a problem? (or) Did you get my payment?

A: I have been working VERY hard on getting a list ready for vouchers. I plan on getting some out within the next two weeks. These will more than likely be sent out via email as a Adobe PDF file for you to print. When I send them out I will mail the list and post messages on the diffrerent boards so you are all aware. Thanks for being patient. It's lots of work and I have lots of things pulling me in different directions right now. My wife Renee has been a big help!!!

If I missed anything, let me know.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Fred
    Fred Block
    MagicMeets.com Founder and Senior Event Coordinator

http://www.magicmeets.com

The hall can hold 600 people. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe
    LOL! I can hear it now...

Hey Majestic,

Could you please add 300 to the headcount please...:rotfl:

Fred Block

Those who wish to pay by Money Order should get the payment in the mail today. Saturday is the last day I can check the PO Box before the deadline!!!

Just a heads up.

I just had a communication with the Crowne Plaza Hotel via email and they are expecting those that are going to get a room at the discounted rate to have the room booked with a credit card hold by no later than June 1st. There were MANY of you (initially over 40 rooms per my registration page) that had stated that you wanted a room!!! We aren't even CLOSE to that figure as of right now. If you want a room, now is the time to do it.

After June 1st, you are looking at rates close to $150 to $180 a night. That's a LOT of clams! I also signed a contract for a block of rooms. Let's not create an additional problem by not booking early.

Also, if you are planning to attend the meet and want to pay with a money order, it would be a REALLY GOOD idea that you send out your payments ASAP as I can only check my PO Box on Saturdays.

We are in really high gear now. There is lots going on.

Sorry for the delay with the vouchers. I am hoping to send them out sometime after the June 1st deadline.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do. I look forward to meeting you all in July.
    Fred Block

Hey Fred and everyone!!!!

Just wanted to let you all know that I've been working hard on putting together somee great trivia contests for the adults AND kids! Whether you're a WDW veteran or just a fan, it should be fun for all!

Can't wait to meet you all at the... well.. the meet!!
    Lou Mongello

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast