Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Allentown Dismeet Kid Question in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello everyone! I have a question for those who are attending the Dismeet this weekend and are taking their kids. What are you doing with them?? I know there will ...

Allentown Dismeet Kid Question

Hello everyone! I have a question for those who are attending the Dismeet this weekend and are taking their kids. What are you doing with them??
    I know there will be the room off the main room for the kids with activities in them and I totally understand that no one is legally responsible for them except for their parents. Are you trusting them to be in there with the volunteers or are you making them stay with you the whole time??

I'm taking my DD6 and I know she's going to want to be in there the whole time with the other kids. And I'm pretty sure she would never go with anyone she didn't know. Do you think she will be okay??? I do plan on taking her with me to the sessions since they are in different rooms.

Just curious to see what everyone else is doing.

Thanks and see you all real soon!!!

Lori

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

rchristiansen is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi there,

I dont' believe I've ever posted here - just lurked around...we'll be there as well and my daughter is nearly 4. Were there babysitters/volunteers for the kids last year? If there are I probably would just leave my daughter there and check in ever hour or so. My daughter stays at the gym nursery and church nursery with no problems, so this I'm thinking would be similar.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    There will be a kids room, but for those that don't want to let your kids stay in there without you, as someone who is bringing their 1 year-old and 2 1/2 year-old, I can say with certainty that there will be many other kids of smiliar ages that I'm sure will find one another and play!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

rchristiansen is offline A-Ticket holder
    Will the kids room be open the whole time? From 11 - 6? And then they join us for lunch? I see there is a pin trading session for kids, but will they be able to still play in the room if they aren't trading pins?

I'm sure my daughter will just LOVE it. I told her we're going to a Disney Convention (she's all like - Cool! Whatever a *convention* is!)

Bernard&Bianca is offline A-Ticket holder
    I'm bringing all the kids with me. For the most part the boys will be in the kids room. We were at a car show last week and we didn't have a planned event during the banquet for them so some of the moms and dads just swapped off about every ten minutes watching the little ones.

WOW Lou I can't believe the baby is almost one already!!! Your wife was still pregnant at the last meet. We're bringing our newest addition as well.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

1980 - Disneyland 25th anniv. (I was 7)
    July 2004 - First trip to WDW DS 8th B'day
    2005 - April, Aug, Oct, Dec
    2007 - March and Dec

flutter is offline Moderator
    I love that baby!!!!! Amelia is so cute and such a good baby, when she wasn't broken

Quote Originally Posted by flutter
    I love that baby!!!!! Amelia is so cute and such a good baby, when she wasn't broken
    Thanks!! She was so good, until 12:30 Sat night/ Sun morning. She cried for 45 minutes - 1 hour. My sincerest apologies to anyone on the 9th floor!!!

Now that we know she can handle crowds we are going to start planning her first trip to WDW. I'm thinking for her 1st birthday.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

2007 - March and Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard&Bianca
    Thanks!! She was so good, until 12:30 Sat night/ Sun morning. She cried for 45 minutes - 1 hour. My sincerest apologies to anyone on the 9th floor!!!

Now that we know she can handle crowds we are going to start planning her first trip to WDW. I'm thinking for her 1st birthday.

I'm thinking Mousefest?

We were planning on coming down for our xmas vacation that week but we couldn't get a room in our price range, it looks like there are going to be a ton of people down there for mouse fest. Our friends booked DVC but we would need a 2 bedroom and they don't have enough points.

We really want to go to the new Pirates and Princesses hard ticket event so I think we are trying for Feb which is closer to her b'day. Plus we have a car show in Jacksonville called Spring Thing around the same time so I think we are going to combine the trips. We may even drive down and haul the MINI for the car show. We haven't decided yet.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

2007 - March and Dec

well then, perhaps we can get together up north here sometime. How far is blink and you miss it from MA?

Depending on where you are on the Cape it's about 2 hours, maybe 3. I have to cut through RI.
    I'm an hour from the Ma border if I head straight up 395.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

2007 - March and Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard&Bianca
    Depending on where you are on the Cape it's about 2 hours, maybe 3. I have to cut through RI.
    I'm an hour from the Ma border if I head straight up 395.
    I'm in Mashpee, exit 2 off rte 6
    or 151 exit off rte 28 if you go over Bourne bridge....either way not too far from bridges
    Maybe we can meet at Roger Williams zoo or something sometime. kind of in the middle....unless you want to visit Cape Cod

Love the zoo!!! It sounds like you are fairly close to my Aunt's summer house. I'm not sure where it is but the directions sound familiar.
    We'll have to plan something. The rest of July is booked up with scrap events so I'll have to see about August. Ray needs to go out to CA for work but I'm not sure when so my schedule kind of works around his.
    -Buffy

(11) (7) (6) (2)

2007 - March and Dec