Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Where would you like to have a mid-west meet?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Toledo, OH

3 12.50%
  • Chicago, IL

7 29.17%
  • Cleveland, OH

7 29.17%
  • Pittsburgh, PA

6 25.00%
  • Columbus, OH

3 12.50%
  • Kalamazoo, Michigan

3 12.50%
  • Detroit, Michigan

5 20.83%
  • Indianapolis, IN

4 16.67%
  • Cincinnati, OH

2 8.33%
  • Springfield, IL

3 12.50%
  • Milwaukee, WI

5 20.83%
  • Jefferson City, MO

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Poll for a mid west meet. in the Vacation Planning forums; Wouldn't Six Flags technically be Chicago since it's in Gurnee, IL? I picked Milwaukee because it's only 35 miles away, but Chicago would be okay too....
    TiggerRPh is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Wouldn't Six Flags technically be Chicago since it's in Gurnee, IL?

I picked Milwaukee because it's only 35 miles away, but Chicago would be okay too.
    Ray

DVC Member - Since 1995
    Old Key West

M-I-C-K-E-Y....I'm a Disney freak.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    I just did a general search on the net for attractions NEAR the cities. Dont blame me, blame google LOL They are just simple kinda things to give those not familiar with the cities more of an idea what is in the area.

Thanks for voting so far everyone.

**in announcer voice---and the race is in its last leg with Chigago and Cleveland in the lead. Who will win? Or will it be a photo finish?

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    chiGAGo....lol....I'm so easily entertained!!

I feel bad for Jefferson City tho...if I could vote now, I'd vote for them! LOL.....

Are we going to have a runoff between Chi and Cle, or see who has what available and at what costs or?? Do we have a plan for after the poll??
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

HA HA! LOL We may have a run off but judging by the response on another site, dont think that is gonna be an issue...lol There is already a clear winner but I WONT TELL==neener neener! I think I probably would have done a cost/available thing even if there was a tie. I would like to keep this as affordable and fun for everyone as possible.

Pretty much after this poll we have to start looking into a head count of some sort and try to find a place accordingly. 20 ppl=a restaurant or small hall like a VFW or American Legion type place. 100 ppl = a bigger hall or hotel meeting room. I dont think we will get huge numbers for this but just in case......we have to be prepared.

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    There is also the Gurney Mills mall, which has either a Bass Pro or a Gander Mountain (I forget which, only that I lost my husband there for about three weeks--or was it just a couple of hours?) AND a Rainforest Cafe, which always makes me think of WDW.

As much as I love the Rainforest Cafe and the food isnt bad, I cant even afford a single french fry from that place. Do they have a seperate meeting room there? Will they let us stay there for about 4 hours or more? Most of the ones I have ever been in are pretty tight spaces. We want room for the kiddos to run around a bit. But we will worry about that after Thursday.

Did you enjoy the vacation when the hubby went AWOL? LOL

Timon5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I might look like chicago or near suburb gets it

Cleveland and Chicago both have 7 votes. But the big determination is where we can have this for either free or next to nothing. We also have to consider parking and how many hotels are nearby and how expensive those are. If rates in one town are going to be 80$ and we get a free place to do this and rates in another town are 30$ and we get a free place. Which one do you think ppl would rather choose...

depends on confort level
    and do the 30.00 ones have a meeting room
    80.00 is a good price point if you can make it a one night
    Last edited by Timon5; 08-31-2006 at 06:57 AM.

most conference rooms are standard (in comfort level)...we also have to consider that some people might fly in, so we do have to be $$-aware. We want it to be affordable for everyone who wants to go. I kind of wish some of those involved in the allentown meet would speak up and give some advice if they have any that might help us!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

You do not have to have the actual meet at the same place ppl are staying at. Some ppl may not have a choice but to go budget on the hotel. Do you mean comfort on the hotel rooms or comfort on the meet place? To me, comfort for a hotel is a bed and running water the cheaper the better. Not like I will be spending a lot of time in my room. As for the meet place, that will totally depend on the number of ppl coming. If we only get a handful, not a lot of sense to book at a huge hotel conference room. A lot of smaller rental halls(like firehalls, american veteran halls, town halls) can accomodate a decent size group at a fraction of the price of a larger venue. *case in point, I rented a VFW that holds 300 ppl for 25.00$ for the entire day* Plus most of those place will let you do pretty much whatever you want, even to coming in the night b4 to set up.

As of right now and from 3 different boards, we have only had 40ish ppl vote. Some ppl only voted for 1 place and some for all 3. If all of them have spouses and one child that is only 120 ppl. You have to figure only about 2/3 will be definately interested in going so we are down to 80. Then those that will definately plan to go will be about 2/3 of that. Rounding that off brings it down to about 55 ppl. Then you have those who plan to go but cant , which usually is about 1/4 of that amount. and that brings it back down to a rounded off 40ish again. Divide that number by the mom/dad/kid per room and you only need 13 rooms total. Not many fancy hotels will give you a huge discount on a block of rooms for that amount. I used a that family number for an example. I know some ppl will be coming solo or with more kids. It was just easier to average out.

Your doing just fine keep on going
    I may be coming solo I try not to drive make sre the vfw or eatary is close to hotel then
    Dont want to offend but
    but weekends are the best times Hotels will bend over backwards to help
    Last edited by Timon5; 08-31-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Timon - I don't believe for one minute anyone is taking offense to anyone offering advice - so keep it up!!

Also, if the number of people who ACTUALLY say they are coming isn't very big, its possible to have a "back room" of a restaurant or something like that for a few hours and the only cost would be whatever we order off the menu.

We'll keep pushing forward! I think its a good idea!

We would have to do this on a Saturday anyway. Kids will still be in school. We may not have everyone staying at same hotel depending on their finances and different discounts. If we would have to pay for a place to meet or other bookings like speakers etc. that would definately have to be paid for by attendees in advance, but hotel will probably have a list of them to choose from. ( up to you to book and pay kinda thing) I will do the best I can to keep the meet place close to the hotels on the list and vice versa. We may be doing some other things in the area too as extra optional fun stuff so keep your driving gloves on. I will get some places together within the next few days as to where we are going and tentatives dates. I have some landlord issues to deal with tomorrow and research to do on this so I will update in the other thread ASAP...give me till Monday or so please. I prob wont be able to get in touch with some place till Monday anyway.

No rush!! No pressure!! You're doing great!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast