Your Walt Disney World Information Station

View Poll Results: Where would you like to have a mid-west meet?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Toledo, OH

3 12.50%
  • Chicago, IL

7 29.17%
  • Cleveland, OH

7 29.17%
  • Pittsburgh, PA

6 25.00%
  • Columbus, OH

3 12.50%
  • Kalamazoo, Michigan

3 12.50%
  • Detroit, Michigan

5 20.83%
  • Indianapolis, IN

4 16.67%
  • Cincinnati, OH

2 8.33%
  • Springfield, IL

3 12.50%
  • Milwaukee, WI

5 20.83%
  • Jefferson City, MO

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Disney Meets Discuss Poll for a mid west meet. in the Vacation Planning forums; Here are some attractions from each place to help you decide. There is no definate date set so please post and let us know if April or May sounds better ...
    vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me

Poll for a mid west meet.

Here are some attractions from each place to help you decide. There is no definate date set so please post and let us know if April or May sounds better to you.

Even if you are not sure whether you can come or not, please vote anyway. I tried to keep it between Western PA and Chicago. Pretty much a 6 hour or even less drive for those in these areas.

Voting will take place until August 31st. In the event of a tie we will do a quick re-vote PLEASE PICK YOUR TOP THREE

Pittsburgh--science center, river cruises, museums, history
    Chicago---history, lake, museums, sears tower
    Toledo---Tony Packa's, Cedar Point, zoo, museum
    Cleveland---baseball, Geauga Lake amusement park, Cedar Point, zoo, museums, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
    Columbus---zoo, museums, Women's Hall of Fame, gardens, Candy Co. tour
    Kalamazoo--I just liked the name and it made an even dozen
    Detroit---Automotive Hall of Fame, zoo, museums, science center
    Indianapolis---zoo, museums, Indy speedway
    Cincinnati---Coney Island amusement park, history, museums, zoo, gardens, John Roebling bridge
    Springfield---museums, history, zoo, Crystal Cave, Pythian Castle, gardens
    Milwaukee---Six Flags, museums, zoo, gardens, greyhound racing
    Jefferson City---gardens, museums, history, brewery

ADDED THE MAP so you can get your bearings on how far apart these places are.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 05-15-2007 at 11:46 AM.

My top three in order is Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago
    I like April for the month.

njbmickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    It really needs to be more in the mid-states. Pittsburgh is much too close to Allentown (both in PA) and defeats the purpose and creates a competition. The purpose of the mid-west meet is for those that are further away from the original and have a hard time getting there. I really hope we get enough interest. Count me in to help with the planning in any way that I can. I noticed Nashville isn't on the list. It's the most central place in the US and many large conventions are held here because of the travel convenience.

Just my two cents worth...

I thot so too for the Pittsburgh thing...but it is like 7 hours away from Allentown so I included it mainly cause I know Lou likes PGH. I tried to keep it to upper mid west and thot about Nashville but I noticed most of the ppl who didnt make it to Allentown were from Ohio, Illinois, and west. Maybe a southern meet is in order too.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 08-22-2006 at 11:17 PM.

LMAO at your reasoning for choosing Kalamazoo! I was like...."why is Kalamazoo on the list?" Then I read your reasoning and too funny! Shere Khan will probably like that choice!

Of course I have to go with the two Michigan locations and Toledo since the are the closest to me! And iwannabeminnie and I are already planning the 2nd annual DWT mini meet and greet in Toledo for The Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo.

njbmickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    The reason I chose Kalamazoo was solely for selfish reasons.

My family lives 30 miles from there so I'd be able to visit them in the same trip.

Detroit is about two hours away but only maybe 30 minutes from my sister.

In all reality I'm open to anything that is in the middle part of the county.:mickey:

Nancy

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well - personally, I have no complaints. Anyone who is willing to grab the bull by the horns gets complete freedom on the poll choices in my book. I chose Cleveland, Chicago and Columbus. And here are my reasons - for those who can't decide, maybe my logic will be persuasive. Cleveland. Fact is, cleveland rocks. There is a lot to do there. And my son goes to college at Case Western in Cleveland. Chicago - there is just tons to do in Chicago, and I could easily fill a long weekend there. Flights to Chicago are usually cheap for me too (and yes, I would fly). Columbus - well its the closest location to me. And I just read online that 50% of all US residents live within 500 miles of Columbus...

As for Pittsburgh...I gotta tell you, I drove to Allentown in July. I won't do that again - it is a long haul from Pittsburgh to Allentown. Pennsylvania is like a million miles wide...or so it seems when you drive it. I would drive to Pittsburgh - I won't drive to Allentown again.

Thanks Vixen for running with this!! I appreciate your efforts.

Disneydreamer....are you posting polls or details on the meet you're planning??
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessTammi

Disneydreamer....are you posting polls or details on the meet you're planning??

There most likely will not be a poll, but we will probably post the details. We tried last year to get more people involved. It started out with 4 members and families and then somehow came down to only 2 of us. All we did was meet up for dinner and then headed over to the Toledo Zoo for thier Lights Before Christmas display.

TY Tammi. I appreciate the compliment. The reasons I chose Cleveland too is all the stuff to do there. Same thing goes for Chicago. Pittsburgh mainly cause it is closest to me and there is tons to do there too. We have done the drive to Philly from here(I am an hour and 1/2 NE of PGH) and it was a VERY long drive. Try doing it coming back when you are both sick with the flu---not fun at all---we were so bad we actually had to stop for the nite for a 7+ hour drive..yuck. Consider this...It takes about the same amount of time to drive from PGH to CHI (2 states over)as it does to drive from PGH to Philly (and they are in the same state)

PLEASE, Dont forget to say what month is good for you.

you see...PA is a million miles wide! LOL!!

timeframe...I'm pretty flexible...if we're looking April or May, I'm going to pick April (because my son graduates college in May, I've already committed a weekend there, plus mothers day...oh and my birthday is in May...).

If anyone meets fairly close to me (central Ohio), I'm game to go just about anywhere in the state if I'm invited!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka
    I went with Chicago, Springfield, and Milwaukee. Mostly for distance reasons, but chicago is pretty cool anyway Go Chi Sox!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Man, still too far from me. What's closest to me? PA? I know it's 8 hours from Montreal to NYC. Maybe Vix can calculate the closest three for me...Pleaaaaase?

From Montreal to......

Pittsburgh ---9hrs 20min Chicago---14.20 Toledo--11.16 Detroit---10.26 Cleveland---9
    Columbus---10.52 Indianapolis---13.17 Cincinnati---12.16 Milwaukee---15.54
    Kalamazoo---12.15 Springfield----16.56 Jefferson City---18.34

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Thanks Vix! I voted for the closest three, still a shlep for me but who knows, maybe I'll be up for a road trip. I'll pick April because May is usually a way busy month for me. As long as it's not Easter weekend or on another National holiday for road traffic reasons.

You don't like flying Tink?

(do you realize how funny that statement is??)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast