Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Meets Discuss Local Meets in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi All - I've noticed that there are a handful of us who are lucky enough to live just a hop, skip, and a jump from WDW. I was thinking ...
    disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe

Lightbulb Local Meets

Hi All - I've noticed that there are a handful of us who are lucky enough to live just a hop, skip, and a jump from WDW. I was thinking it might be fun to post a message here detailing when we will be going and if we want company (either for the day, for a meal, or just for a ride). My hope is that this might grow into a fun little group who meets monthly for a little magic. Let me know what ya'll think!
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I'd be interested depending on meeting times. I get busy from time to time, but since I live in Celebration it's not far for me at all.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

Quote Originally Posted by MayBWeRMnt2B View Post
    I live in Celebration it's not far for me at all.
    Jealous!! Whats that like?? Do they have apartments or just single family homes? I only ask because I may be moving to the Orlando area in May but don't want to jusp right into the home ownership thing...way too scary for me

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

Attitude Tink is offline Spirit of the Law
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Hi All - I've noticed that there are a handful of us who are lucky enough to live just a hop, skip, and a jump from WDW. I was thinking it might be fun to post a message here detailing when we will be going and if we want company (either for the day, for a meal, or just for a ride). My hope is that this might grow into a fun little group who meets monthly for a little magic. Let me know what ya'll think!
    That is a good idea. Further we can post when we are going & maybe even people from different states (& countries), might be going around the same time. It's a good way to get to meet other members on this site.
    It's easier to destroy than it is to create - Angelina Jolie in "Original Sin"

Winter 1992 -Marriott in DTD
    April 1997- Marriott in DTD
    August 2003- DoubleTree Suite

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hey, you know me! I'm always up for a meet!
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by Attitude Tink View Post
    That is a good idea. Further we can post when we are going & maybe even people from different states (& countries), might be going around the same time. It's a good way to get to meet other members on this site.
    By all means - Didn't mean to exclude anyone Just thought it might be more likely that locals will be A) going frequently and B) looking for buddies to go with

This idea was inspired by two things

First - I am going to buy an AP and try and use it as much as possible for little day trips - unfortuantly I am the only one of my friends who "lurves" disney enough to go more than once a year..I am conent to go by myself but it is sooo much more fun to go with a group - escpecially if they are a bunch of WDW nuts!

Second - I have a friend who loves Universal (no accounting for taste) - She meets her old college buddies down there once a month and has a blast - They normally meet the second saturday of the month and each month has a different theme...so....
    I was thinking what if I organized something similar for WDW. (I may be being overly ambitious here) but if we get this locals thing going we could even try some fun theme meets as well
    Here are a few I have day dreamed up
    December - Tour all the christmas shows and decorations of the different parks
    January - Thrill rides
    Febuary - Everyone picks their favorite ride from childhood and tells a fun story about it before riding
    March - Treasure/ scavanger hunt (maybe mr. lou himslef could help with this )

My univeral pal and her friends also take turns planning itineraries when they can't think of a theme - one member will be selected and will mail out a list of what attractions they will do, what shows they will see and where they will eat - a chance to play tour guide to other WDW lovers

Anyways - let me know what ya'll think!!

Now I really, really have to get back to work

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydarling View Post
    Jealous!! Whats that like?? Do they have apartments or just single family homes? I only ask because I may be moving to the Orlando area in May but don't want to jusp right into the home ownership thing...way too scary for me
    you can only live in Celebration if you WANT to own a home, unless you rent it from an owner. It's highly expensive with big monthly maintenance fees and homeowners association. All their apartments recently were turned into Condos. (the few appartments they have left are highly overpriced, and it makes more sense to own!) It is an AMAZING location though. They have many different home classes and sizes. But I absolutely love it. Right now I'm living in my parents future vacation home, so i basically have a house to myself, since they are in Wisconsin, and I'll be moving into my own Condo (which I'm buying YAY!) sometime within the next year. We're just playing a guessing game to see how low the prices go down.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

PinkTink918 is offline If I was goin' anywhere, I was run-ning!
    I'm always up for meeting you crazy folks!! I'm over in Tampa for school, so I need a little notice, but I should be able to meet up!

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

Me too!

I'm in Oviedo and can't go often because of the twins. However, I would love to meet up if either DH can stay home with them or if I can convince him to go. We have not bought annual passes yet, but want to.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    Bunch us will be there next weekend for Mousefest. Come on over and meet some DWT family members

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Hey, you know me! I'm always up for a meet!
    So does that mean you will be attending the Lake Erie 2nd Annual DWT Lights Before Christmas Party* at the Toledo Zoo next weekend?

*This party is in no way sanctioned by DWT. DWT does not take any responsibility for any silliness, giddiness, shenanigans, or fun that may occur. Furthermore, DWT is not affiliated with any persons attending this party in the event the police, fire department, and/or ambulance may be called in.
    They call me "Nana"

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    We're up for it, although beccause my husband work for Disney he has mid week days off.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)