Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss A First - Haunted Mansion CM Costume on eBay! in the Disneyana forums; First off, not too sure if this is in the right place or not, so those of you who have the power, move it if required. Among the rarest Disney ...
    20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Haunted Mansion CM Costume on eBay

First off, not too sure if this is in the right place or not, so those of you who have the power, move it if required.

Among the rarest Disney costumes that come up for auction are the Haunted Mansion ones. But, sure enough, a genuine HM costume is on eBay right now, although it isn't complete. It currently stands at approx. $30, but, if it isn't pulled by Disney (As has happened before), expect to see this skyrocket. It's from California, not Florida, but there isn't that much difference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
    Last edited by 20K; 01-01-2005 at 07:12 PM.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    OK, I'm a HUGE HM fan, so I was like, "I have to have this"... then again, it IS from DL and not WDW, but I'll watch it and if the price is right... who knows.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    OK, I'm a HUGE HM fan, so I was like, "I have to have this"... then again, it IS from DL and not WDW, but I'll watch it and if the price is right... who knows.
    I think I would rather one from DL...I mean, it is the original Mansion. But that Monorail Red, no, good to have that from the World!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Quote Originally Posted by 20K
    First off, not too sure if this is in the right place or not, so those of you who have the power, move it if required.

Among the rarest Disney costumes that come up for auction are the Haunted Mansion ones. But, sure enough, a genuine HM costume is on eBay right now, although it isn't complete. It currently stands at approx. $30, but, if it isn't pulled by Disney (As has happened before), expect to see this skyrocket. It's from California, not Florida, but there isn't that much difference:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

Um....doesn't Disney frown upon this sorta of thing? I seem to recall during my Keys to the Kingdom tour that once a costume or piece of costume can no longer be used, it gets burned to protect the Disney trademark.

Is this not true? I know CMs have recently been able to start to take home their costumes.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Um....doesn't Disney frown upon this sorta of thing?
    Generally, they do, because most of the costumes you see up for auction are considered 'stolen' property of the company, or so I believe.

WDWScottieBoy is offline Finally moved to Orlando!
    OK, I'm really contemplating in bidding on this. I LOVE the HM but would much rather own a costume from the WDW version. Maybe I'll snipe this one out, just so Lou can't have it!

Thanks for showing that, and let's see how long it lasts on here before Disney finds it. Now...if only I can find that shirt that CMs at the entrance of Epcot wear with the SSE all over it...I'd have that in a second!
    *SCOTT*

UNOFFICIAL WDW TEEN EXPERT!

SAC5286 on AIM (I'm always on and willing to talk)

DWTs very own Disney Commercial Star

Yeah, I'm thinking of bidding on it too, simply because of what it is!

To add to your final point of asking for costume, if anyone has ANY part of the helmsman costume from 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea that they are willing to sell, PLEASE PM me!

UPDATE -
    Auction has finished, with the message: 'The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.' Whether Disney pulled it or not remains to be seen.
    Last edited by 20K; 01-03-2005 at 09:18 AM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    From the listing:

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

I saw that it was taken out last night. Apparently Disney found out and it will be taken from the seller and more than likely burned or used for other CMs.

I thought about emailing the seller to see what Disney said about it. I'm guessing the seller will probably get fined as well for having a stolen costume from WDW.
    *SCOTT*

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!

Talking

Wow! Ebay is a world of stupid people! Remember "Virgin Mary on Toast"?!? I'm sure Disney was not pleased!!!!!

P.S. No offense to you "Ebay people"! I'm one too! Just saying some people are weirdos when it comes to that stuff!
    Izzy

Jacknife is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    Wow! Ebay is a world of stupid people!
    Oh, I assure you that Ebay is by no means alone in that regard..

I think that Albert Einstein said it best: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former.".

: . . : . : . : : . . . . : : : . . . : : : : . : . : : : : . : : : . : : . : . . : : : . . : : . : : . . : . :

If you check the seller MouseSurplus, this seller works with Disney in selling old/new items on eBay. He has chairs from AE for all those AE fans out there. He has a piece of coral from 20K and has lots of costumes from around WDW that are no longer in use.

He is a legitimate seller and is in contract with Disney to sell these items, so don't be afraid that one of his items will be taken down.
    *SCOTT*

I am aware of MouseSurplus, and have bid on many of his 20K items, well, the sub components anyway, when he took them to pieces.

Do Disney simply get him to take items for his warehouse, or does he have to pay set block prices for them?

Disney allowed him to go to the "graveyard" and warehouses and get things they aren't using. As for how much he payed for them, that I don't know. I think the prices he has are ones he has set and not per Disney.
    *SCOTT*