Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Collecting WDW Ephemera in the Disneyana forums; Does anyone collect Disney ephemera? Ok, stupid question I guess. But, what types of ephemera do you collect? Brochures? Tickets? Postcards? Napkins? What? Also, how do you organize and store ...
    j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder

Collecting WDW Ephemera

Does anyone collect Disney ephemera? Ok, stupid question I guess. But, what types of ephemera do you collect? Brochures? Tickets? Postcards? Napkins? What? Also, how do you organize and store your collection? I have been collecting, i.e. accumulating, paper items for years. After my last trip to WDW this summer, I decided to stop accumulating and collect the stuff. Study the history, etc. (That's one reason I love Lou's site especially the podcasts). Does anyone know if there are any types of 3-ring protective leafs for brochures? Seems like I can find leafs to every thing but them. Anyway, I look forward to hearing what people collect and how they organize and store them.

Scott

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    1. Big word had to look up the actual meaning....LOL Got the idea just wanted to know the actual def
    2. whatever catches my eye and is free or next to free
    3. I save everything (even the stuff they leave in the hotel room like the maid cards, etc.) It's a sickness I know and not really collecting but gathering..lol
    4. Mine just kinda live in a box accoding to trip
    5. never saw a folder for them but if they can make money off of it I am sure it is sold somewhere..lol

WHEW! I think I answered most of the questions.....lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    Yes, I collect a ton of WDW paper items, including documents, guides, books, tickets, cast items, signage, etc. Basically anything I can get my hands on.

As for storing them, there lies the problem - right now, there is so much that I need to catalog, organize and properly store that it's overwhelming as I just don't have the time. (I need an assistant who can come over and help me with this) I have so much, but often forget what I have, what information certain things contain, etc.
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    3. I save everything (even the stuff they leave in the hotel room like the maid cards, etc.) It's a sickness I know and not really
    Maid cards Vix? lol!

I keep everything too, folder with all the room info you get at check-in, park maps, receipts, keycards, napkins etc. Right now my maps are all stuck inside the pockets of an old Passporter but that isn't really a good place to keep them. I am not sure I will ever organize everything, right now stuff is separated by trip in a WDW plastic bag from each trip.

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    . (I need an assistant who can come over and help me with this) .
    How much are you willing to pay Lou?. I dont work cheap you know

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker Bell View Post
    Maid cards Vix? lol!I
    ANNNNNDDDDDD your point is? LMMEO Told ya it was a sickness. I blame it all on my mother. Hey they have the current campaign design on them and my maids name...I forget stuff easily, it helps..LOL

j_scott_o is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    As for storing them, there lies the problem - right now, there is so much that I need to catalog, organize and properly store that it's overwhelming as I just don't have the time. (I need an assistant who can come over and help me with this) I have so much, but often forget what I have, what information certain things contain, etc.
    This is exactly how it is for me. I have accumulated so much stuff, starting from my childhood, thru my CP days, through the many vacation there since I got married. Now, I just want to get it organized and cataloged in some nice format.

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485 View Post
    ANNNNNDDDDDD your point is? LMMEO Told ya it was a sickness. I blame it all on my mother. Hey they have the current campaign design on them and my maids name...I forget stuff easily, it helps..LOL
    I have the same sickness apparently. Heck, I still have a ketchup packet from the 1980s that has Cinderella Castle on it. I found it the other day when looking for Disney stuff. The ketchup dried up nicely.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Yes, I definitely suffer from disneykleptomania. Basically, I will take anything that is not nailed down that has Disney printed on it!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

GalPal is offline Fastpass Holder
    LOL It's sooo nice to know that I'm not alone with this affliction!

Hi. My name's Alisa and I suffer from DisneyKleptomania.

I haven't found a solution for all of my items. But, this summer I bought an end table at a tag sale. I refinished it and the cool thing is that it has a recessed top. So, I had safety glass cut to fit the top and now proudly display my pressed coin collection beneath.

I'm thinking about trying my hand at some custom display/shadow boxes as I'm in the process of converting my basement from a sports theme to a disney coffee shop.

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    Currently all my things are in boxes. I keep thinking I will somehow scrapbook everything. That doesn't seem to be happening though. I pretty much put all the brochures and tickets in plastic sleeves that I buy at Hobby Lobby.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

Quote Originally Posted by mattj4226 View Post
    Yes, I definitely suffer from disneykleptomania. Basically, I will take anything that is not nailed down that has Disney printed on it!
    LOL...good to know that there is a name for it. Sign me up for the club too. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by GalPal View Post
    I haven't found a solution for all of my items. But, this summer I bought an end table at a tag sale. I refinished it and the cool thing is that it has a recessed top. So, I had safety glass cut to fit the top and now proudly display my pressed coin collection beneath.

I'm thinking about trying my hand at some custom display/shadow boxes as I'm in the process of converting my basement from a sports theme to a disney coffee shop.
    Neat idea about the end table, wonder if I could get a piece of plexiglass(has to be non breakable with a 4 yr old in the house) to fit the top of my desk. Hmmm, I have some shadowbox frames upstairs in the attic. At least I have a project to do after the holidays. Thanks for the idea. Can I come to your place and get a coffee sometime.? LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella2 View Post
    . I keep thinking I will somehow scrapbook everything. That doesn't seem to be happening though. .
    you too huh? what's that saying about good intentions?

I like the glass top idea too, very clever!

Walt Disney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    How about the nametags that were made for Regis and Kelly's dressing rooms during the taping of the 2005 Christmas Parade?

Or maybe the badge from when WDW reached 100,000,000 guests:

Some of the more interesting items I have in the WDW wing of my Museum.
    Last edited by Walt Disney; 10-23-2007 at 06:57 AM.
    Mickey is the mouse that made me the man I am.

Visit the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I love your musuem it has great stuff in it.

I do collect stuff from Disney I keep shopping bags from disney world and the disney store, park maps and paper menu's anything I can find lol.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

gigliowanananic is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I really want a "piece" of the Magic Kingdom. I know it's wrong, but I want to take an actual piece of something back with me. Not a purchased souvenir. A real piece. Would any of you guys consider doing this? Has my sickness gone too far?
    "There is a face beneath this mask but it is not me. I am no more that face than I am the muscles beneath it or the bones beneath them"-
    V

Nooooo! Don't do it! Just think what it'd be like if everyone did that. Be careful if you do decide to do it, someone watching you might have a big problem with that. Plus I am thinking it would only results in raising ticket prices to pay for all the replacements or repairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast