Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Can You Believe This!? in the Disneyana forums; For those of you who have extra money to spend please go over to ebay and purchase one of the MANY fast passes up for sale. I think this is ...
    dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder

Can You Believe This!?

For those of you who have extra money to spend please go over to ebay and purchase one of the MANY fast passes up for sale. I think this is fun, one person is even selling theirs for a "BUY IT NOW" price of $29.99.

Disney Fastpass Epcot Test Track 4 fast passes - eBay (item 280201975358 end time Feb-25-08 07:30:45 PST)

Have a Disney day!

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This Soooo upsets me! There is nothing that can be done to stop people from selling fast passes...expired no less...otherwise Disney would have done so, but I still find it really annoying.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Unbelievable, I hope no one buys these things.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Sadly, I can believe it. I've seen park hoppers being sold on eBay before too!
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

AN Update!

Ok folks just doing my own investigative reporting. There is a fast pass bid in for $61.00 ( see: Kids' Print Rain Slicker from Lands' End)

This is really ticking me off!!!!

OK the first one wasn't so bad it say's that it has an experation date of 2/29/08. But look at this one 12 DISNEY MAGIC KINGDOM FAST PASS TICKETS PASSES - eBay (item 260213893558 end time Feb-24-08 07:17:13 PST)

it only shows the times not the date and look at the bids!!!! Boy is someone not going to be happy!

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    *****PLEASE DON"T POST LINKS******
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Well I do like the rainslicker and the frog boots on the mistake link LOL
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

bigwdwfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    This confirms that Disney should do away with Fastpass. They never have been able to control the monster they created. You do not get the full ride experience if you don’t go through the queue. If Disney continues to use Fastpass I see them going way of any other theme park and turning us into cattle. We are becoming an impatient society that needs to SLOW DOWN and smell the oranges (Horizons tribute!).

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    uh. What? This confirms that Disney should do away with Fastpasses? Because *******es on eBay are perpetuating a fraud? Sorry, your logic escapes me.

Fastpass is a wonderful invention, a glorious tool, and I'll continue to use it with fervent vigor.

"You don't get the full ride experience if you don't go through the queue". Sorry, disagree. With the possible exception of Expedition Everest, the queue that you bypass doesn't remotely detract from the ride experience. In fact, the vast majority of the fast pass queues are side-by-side with the regular queue (again, EE being the exception) so you see exactly the same things. By your logic, you "don't get the full ride experience" if you go to the parks on a slow day and are able to walk through the queue without waiting, so therefore Disney should throw up roadblocks and not allow people to get through any queue in less than 30 minutes.

bigwdwfan is offline A-Ticket holder

Wink

I should have known what I was walking into after that post… We both (and most) know the use of Fastpass has been debated ever since the original creation. It deserves a thread of its own.

I cannot believe people actually bid on these things. Someone clearly doesn’t understand the system.

Finally, your logic escapes me in trying to explain my own logic… or something like that.

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    As much as I am against FP, I do somewhat agree that there really isn't that much experience in the queue for the average guest. The average guest wouldn't care that much about the theming and would probably just stand there tapping their feet to the music around them impatiently while they're waiting to get on their next ride. For most of us fans, the queue is part of the attraction and would probably want to walk through every inch of the queue just to experience the awsome theming. With that said, the average guest won't be missing out that much if they were to get a FP to skip the line if all they're interested in is getting on the attraction asap. At first, I thought FP was the greatest idea ever, but that changed when I realized that all FP is doing is making the standby wait time literally twice as long as it normally is. Lets say you and your family got FPs for Jungle Cruise (because it's the best and most popular attraction EVER!) and the standby time is about 30 minutes but you don't want to wait 30 minutes when you could come back in 60 minutes while waiting in line for another attraction, or go eat lunch, or whatever you feel like doing. Ok, so it doesn't sound that bad now, but what if you didn't want to come back to that area at that time because it's really hot outside and want to stay indoors in the AC, or what if there was a parade going on and you can't find a way around it until it's over, or what if you get there early and try to use it before your time (which by the way never works, so don't bother try asking to get in 5 - 10 minutes early or more) So, now you're waiting to get in the FP line so that way you can 'cut' in front of the standby because that's where you left your place in line, but technically if you left your place in line, you would have already been done with the ride and probably getting off another ride at the same time if there was no FP around. Check out rides that have FP and rides that done, and see how quickly you'd get on. I'd bet the rides that don't have FP will get you on much quicker than the ones that do have FP. Pirates is always a popular attraction, doesn't have FP, and I've seen it at about 20 - 30 minute wait or less, which isn't that bad. When HM came back from it's refurb, the outside line looked horrible, but since there wasn't any FP that cut in front of you, the line kept moving forward and got on in less time than posted outside. Now we'll head over to Peter Pan's flight, oh boy. This has got to be the world's shortest queue ever that easily takes up an hour's time. Why? Because they have to hold you in place as they let FP in ahead of you. I remember when Peter Pan's flight line was normally before FP, and yes was a long line, but at least it was constantly moving. So yeah, I think FP should be removed for a bunch of various reasons, including but not limited to: people trying to sell them on ebay, people getting upset when they can't use it before their scheduled time or getting upset when they don't understand the system, cast members dealing with people who don't understand that FP means they come back in an hour to wait in a shorter line, not front of the line access when they come back, all the paper and ink used for something temporary and the cost to keep the machines working (some of these aren't the most reliable FP machines out there) So if they were to get rid of FP, they'd be saving costs from keeping FP running, saving costs for having extra positions to make FP work (no more fast pass distribution, fast pass greeter, merge point) and most imporantly, save EVERYONE from all the unesscary headaches and stress FP causes to the guests and the CMs who work with it. /rant

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    There is no way, in a million years am I going to buy any sort of tickets or fastpasses on ebay. Other people can but I don't want to risk getting tricked.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Don't people realize that you can get them for FREE?! Some people are so gullible. A first time WDW goer probably brought these thinking that they cost $$$ in the park. Now that the FP systems have been updated they won't get in at all and they already expired the day the seller brought them.
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast