Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Disney merchandise sale in Grove City, PA in the Disneyana forums; I just wanted to let anyone know that lives in the area that the Grove City outlet has a Disney merchandise store for limited time. I saw a sign while ...
    hms1016 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Disney merchandise sale in Grove City, PA

I just wanted to let anyone know that lives in the area that the Grove City outlet has a Disney merchandise store for limited time. I saw a sign while I was driving and thought I would stop. I had no idea what to expect. I was shocked when I went in that they had actual merchandise from the park, mainly from Disneyland. Some of the shirts were dated, there was 50th anniversary things, pins, clothes, etc. I guess they are a liquidator. She said they would be there another week and possibly until the end of the month. I would say that there was some merchandise that was not from Disney, but the majority of it was. I know because there were several things that I have paid full price at the park for or that I have seen at the parks.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

lobaugo is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I live in the area and I saw that too. I stopped in about 2 weeks ago and the whole thing just made me really nervous. I know that it was for serious park merchandise, but to see that kind of stuff outside the park and for sale for like 4 dollars made me so nervous. I had to leave the store immediately.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by hms1016 View Post
    I just wanted to let anyone know that lives in the area that the Grove City outlet has a Disney merchandise store for limited time. I saw a sign while I was driving and thought I would stop. I had no idea what to expect. I was shocked when I went in that they had actual merchandise from the park, mainly from Disneyland. Some of the shirts were dated, there was 50th anniversary things, pins, clothes, etc. I guess they are a liquidator. She said they would be there another week and possibly until the end of the month. I would say that there was some merchandise that was not from Disney, but the majority of it was. I know because there were several things that I have paid full price at the park for or that I have seen at the parks.
    Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my mouth. Guess where I am headed come Tuesday ?(have to wait till Donnie is off work for the day)

Quote Originally Posted by lobaugo View Post
    I live in the area and I saw that too. I stopped in about 2 weeks ago and the whole thing just made me really nervous. I know that it was for serious park merchandise, but to see that kind of stuff outside the park and for sale for like 4 dollars made me so nervous. I had to leave the store immediately.
    Hey more for me
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Found some info on the store. Disney does not actually own the store. It is a company called AMS. Asset Management and Sales, LLC Apparently they are traveling stores and only do stops here and there for limited times. (I searched disney character warehouse) The one in Grove City is scheduled to close on May 11. LOL, the heck with food to eat I want Disney stuff. LOL

OH and there was an article that I turned up by Steve somebody (I cant remember his last name but he writes one of the books on Disney) that describes the stores themselves. LMMEO, from the gist of the article it is kinda like a flea market for Disney stuff---folding tables, no decorations, no frills.
    Last edited by vixen101485; 05-05-2008 at 09:07 AM.

Got an email and they are back at Grove City through July 13.
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site
    June 1985 - Off Site
    June 1988 - Off Site
    September 2003 - All Star Music
    September 2005 - Pop Century
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - Pop Century
    May 2007 - Pop Century
    October 2007 - Pop Century
    December 2007 - All Star Music
    May 2008 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Mousefest - Pop Century
    Disneyland
    May 2005
    June 2007

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    This sounds a lot like the merchandise in the Character Store at the Buena Vista Mall outside WDW. That store is there permanently as opposed to this traveling store, but I find a lot of DL stuff there too.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Quote Originally Posted by hms1016 View Post
    Got an email and they are back at Grove City through July 13.
    COOL. Thanks for letting us know hms.

DMAN2KNOW is offline A-Ticket holder

Grove City Character Outlet store open

It seems the items are from Walt Disney World and that's confirmed from the manager. They range from pencils to collectibles and it looks like they are here to stay. I even signed up for there email listing and just received a 10% of all merchandise with a $50.00 purchase. I think with the already discounted pricing they have, I have found the source for merchandise for me. Oh yeah, did I mention they accept request for merchandise as well!!!

MickeyBabe is offline Lady Administrator..................... Sassy but Humble Parks Game Player
    They had a store in The Grove City Prime Outlets last spring.

It is owned by the same company that owns the outlet in Orlando. Last year the employees asked that if we wanted to see it stay to sign the mailing list. The company will continue as long as there is interest. Some of their stores are more permanent but most of them are based on short or long term leasing as long as interest and sales are good.

It is mostly park merchandise. Last spring there was a lot of Disneyland merchandise but there was also WDW. I have yet to be at the new store (different location). But... I will go, and buy , no doubt.

When you think about it, it isn't good retail practice for Disney to mark down merchandise within the parks.

First off, they have a captive audience who are all excited about being there and want to take a piece of Magic home with them at any cost.

Secondly, if they introduced a location selling marked down product it could become over crowded and breed bad experiences over who got what you wanted and why don't they mark down what I want and, heaven forbid, a product be regular price in the MK and be marked down at this location. A veritable retail customer service dissatisfaction nightmare.

Yes, being that I work in retail, I understand why they would liquidate their discontinued product off property through a company who doesn't have to live up to Disney's customer satisfaction criteria.

Ultimately, people enjoy seeing the next new thing when they are at WDW, even when it comes to merchandise. If I go year after year seeing the same things I am less apt to buy. Liquidation allows them to continue to bring in the new and exciting products.

Now .... if they would bring back the old Disney Stores..... ahhh... I girl can dream, can't she?
    ~ Valerie
    WDWRadio.com Senior Staff - Site Administrator
    *)
    ..*) .*)
    (. (. * Faith Trust and Pixie Dust*

I'm a first day D23 Charter Member!

One man's Trivia is another man's Wisdom

Can't wait to go!
    Walt Disney World
    June 1980 - Off Site
    June 1983 - Off Site