Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Online sources for vintage WDW souvenier information in the Disneyana forums; Can anyone suggest a good source for finding images and information about vintage WDW souveniers? I'm not truelly a "collector" and E-bay gets so overwhelming and tiresome. Mostly, I'm looking ...
    Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder

Online sources for vintage WDW souvenier information

Can anyone suggest a good source for finding images and information about vintage WDW souveniers?

I'm not truelly a "collector" and E-bay gets so overwhelming and tiresome.

Mostly, I'm looking for an image to use for scrapbooking of a button I got as a kid in 1979 - big red & white one with Mickey in the middle. I had completely forgotten about it until I was looking for pictures from my first trip. I wore that button everywhere after we visited the MK - even have a picture of me leaning over the dolphin pool at SeaWorld sportin' my WDW button right in the middle of my chest. I had it on my bulletin board for years but, sadly, it (along with my figment plush from 1987) did not make it into the save it boxes that moved into my grown up life.

Laura J.

Walt Disney is offline B-Ticket Holder

Was it this one?
    Mickey is the mouse that made me the man I am.

Visit the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum!

Motokitten953 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Nope. But thanks for trying. Actually, I just realized, it looked very much like the sticker on the front of a set classic Mickey ears, red boarder, white in the middle with Mickey.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Pinpics.com sometimes has shots of "buttons" too... maybe check there?
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

fazdevils is offline A-Ticket holder
    Did you find any links other than the disneyanacollectibles link above?

I'm looking for some old ride tickets (like the A-E ones) and maybe some old souvenir picture books of the park I hear people talk about.

wdw4us2 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Jensen Beach, FL - 2 hours from the Mouse House
    Quote Originally Posted by fazdevils View Post
    Did you find any links other than the disneyanacollectibles link above?

I'm looking for some old ride tickets (like the A-E ones) and maybe some old souvenir picture books of the park I hear people talk about.
    If you're looking for pics/scans of vintage Disney tickets, try this page on Allears.net and scroll down a little more than halfway down the page:

1970's Walt Disney World Tickets
    Lisa

"No capes!"

allie cat is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Sounds like the old Mickey Mouse Club logo...

Side note - when they closed the store in Downtown Disney that sold "classic" characters (I have a steamboat willie era Mickey plush) does anybody know where that merchandise went? There is a little older style character stuff in the World of Disney strore, but nothing of this quality.)