Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss I Collect Magnets.Does Anyone Else??????????? in the Disneyana forums; I collect magnets from not only Disneyworld,but from wherever I go,whether on a trip out of state,or just a day trip to somewhere locally.I prefer magnets from only places I've ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I Collect Magnets.Does Anyone Else???????????

I collect magnets from not only Disneyworld,but from wherever I go,whether on a trip out of state,or just a day trip to somewhere locally.I prefer magnets from only places I've been,but I always consider others as well,if I have access to them.
    Does anyone else collect magnets? Does anyone have any to either sell(cheaply),or give away? I didn't mention trade because as I stated,I usually buy from only places I've been,and I don't want to get rid of mine.If anyone has any that would fall under either catagory,please place a post of your magnets.
    Thanks,
    Park Hopper Dad!

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

Re: I Collect Magnets.Does Anyone Else???????????

Mum has a collection of magnets on the fridge. I always bring her a dated one from Disney. When we were kids she had magnets that represented my and my brother on the oven door, and if we were in trouble for something she would turn our magnet upside down until we were forgiven!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Thanks for replying Tasha.Do you have any magnets of London that you could give away or sell very cheaply? I've been to London and I only have one magnet that I found somewhere.Pleae let me know if you have any of London,that you could sell very cheaply or possibly give away to me,a collector.By the way,I LOVE LONDON! I hope to go back someday!DO you live near or in London?
    Park Hopper Dad!

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!

I think I am going to start collecting magnets. I found this really cool magnetic cork board and I have some magnets that I brought from Indiana Beach and a couple from a fellow forums member. I can't wait to buy a WDW one!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfanatic101 View Post
    I think I am going to start collecting magnets. I found this really cool magnetic cork board and I have some magnets that I brought from Indiana Beach and a couple from a fellow forums member. I can't wait to buy a WDW one!

That's cool.I think you'll find collecting magnets is as satisfying as making "big money" purchases.Why? Because they are all unique in their own way and they just don't cost that much at all.let me know what you buy as you start your collection.Here's a tip:if you limit your magnet collection to places you go to,like WDW and anywhere else,then you don't get your fridge so cluttered with them.Plus they help to keep a memory of the trips you get them on.I have a fridge out in my garage and that id where I keep all of my trips magnets at.
    Park Hopper Dad!

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

Magnets are my favorite souvenirs for several reasons:

1. Unlike most souvenirs, I can look at them every time I walk by, without having to drag something out (like a photo album), so they are convenient ways to relive a memory on the go, so to speak. Every time I walk by the fridge, I can pause for a second and reflect on exactly where I was when I got each magnet and it's always nice to remember the happy times had in WDW (and elsewhere) while I'm going about my day-to-day drudgeries.

2. They are an economical souvenir. Most magnets that I have were under five bucks! So, unlike an expensive snowglobe or something like that, you don't have to make any big decisions between them, just buy all the ones you like!

3. Most of them are indestructible (within reason). I don't have any young'uns, but we do have a very mischievous cat, so every time Fletch knocks one off the fridge we just pick it up and put it back on. Plus, if you are flying home, you don't have to worry about them getting broken in your luggage.

So those are the three main reasons that I enjoy getting magnets every time we go someplace. There are others, but they aren't really too important.
    Last edited by the7thAve; 07-23-2009 at 10:05 PM.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by the7thAve View Post
    Magnets are my favorite souvenirs for several reasons:

1. Unlike most souvenirs, I can look at them every time I walk by, without having to drag something out (like a photo album), so they are convenient ways to relive a memory on the go, so to speak. Every time I walk by the fridge, I can pause for a second and reflect on exactly where I was when I got each magnet and it's always nice to remember the happy times had in WDW (and elsewhere) while I'm going about my day-to-day drudgeries.

2. They are an economical souvenir. Most magnets that I have were under five bucks! So, unlike an expensive snowglobe or something like that, you don't have to make any big decisions between them, just buy all the ones you like!

3. Most of them are indestructible (within reason). I don't have any young'uns, but we do have a very mischievous cat, so every time Fletch knocks one off the fridge we just pick it up and put it back on. Plus, if you are flying home, you don't have to worry about them getting broken in your luggage.

So those are the three main reasons that I enjoy getting magnets every time we go someplace. There are others, but they aren't really too important.
    That's awesome 7th Ave.I agree with your reasons for collecting magnets as well.I havs a second fridge in my garage,and I keep all of my magnets there to look at as I go out there.My garage is a wood shop,lawn equipment storage,music room,and a collectables place,so I am out there frequently,and looking at my cool,but inexpensive magnets.
    KEEP COLLECTING!
    Park Hopper Dad!

homka is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile I Collect Magnets.Does Anyone Else???????????

I also love magnets!!!! i have magnets from my native country Ukraine but i want to start collecting them from all over the world. Would you like to exchange fridge magnets with me???

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

I'm a magnet girl too! I used to do t-shirts..but 5 or 6 years ago I realized magnets are usually available for under $5 (not always) and its a fun way to "display" your souviners! I was sad when my last house was on the market because I had taken them down off the fridge to keep the house more clutter free looking..I really missed seeing them every day.
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

Quote Originally Posted by homka View Post
    I also love magnets!!!! i have magnets from my native country Ukraine but i want to start collecting them from all over the world. Would you like to exchange fridge magnets with me???
    Thanks for asking about trading magnets Homka,but i only buy what I plan on keeping.I don't buy an abundance of magnets to trade like people do with pins.I buy only what I am keeping.I would be interested in buying some cheaply,if you could post pictures of them,but no trading.
    Park Hopper Dad!