Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss WDCC pieces in TJ Maxx in the Disneyana forums; Hi folks! Don't post on here much, but I thought I would let my fellow Disney collectors know that TJ Maxx is apparently carrying some of the Walt Disney Classics ...
    disneynorth is offline A-Ticket holder

WDCC pieces in TJ Maxx

Hi folks!
    Don't post on here much, but I thought I would let my fellow Disney collectors know that TJ Maxx is apparently carrying some of the Walt Disney Classics Collection pieces at discount prices. While this may not be a great sign for the collection, it is a good chance to pick up pieces at good prices. Unfortunately, there aren't any TJ Maxx stores in Canada, so I can't take advantage of the situation.

Happy New Year!
    James

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: WDCC pieces in TJ Maxx

I'll keep my eye out for them here. Hopefully they're in display cases, because any merchandise that can be broken IS broken the minute it hits the sales floor in that ****-hole. I try to stay out of that whole TJ Maxx/Marshalls/AJ Wright world as much as I can. I used to love the original WDCC line, but once Enesco took over, the look of the figures has really gone downhill. Even the scale of the line is messed up. Did you ever see the Hades figure compared to, well, anything else? For a company that specializes in collectibles, they really dropped the ball.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

disneynorth is offline A-Ticket holder

I know what you mean. I was really on the fence about Enesco taking over the line. I agree that the pieces over the last few years have become too large.

I do like the Pirates series that was done for the Parks.

But I'm now really upset about the recent turn of events (WDCS suspension, TJ Maxx sell off). I fear the series is doomed.

I haven't purchased any in a while. The first (and maybe only?) one I picked up through Enesco was the Medusa piece from the Rescuers line, and I wasn't really happy with the look. I was going to get Hades, but the thing was just too **** big. And the problem with only purchasing villains is that many of them have already been made, so I don't have room in my curio for multiples of the same character. At this point, they're great to look at, but the newer shiny coating plus the unrealistic look has really turned me off to the line. I go back and look at some of my older ones, like the Hag from Snow White or Cruella de Ville and the detailling is outstanding.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I went today and found some pieces at Marshall's (same company as TJ Maxx) but they didn't have the "it's a small world" pieces I was looking for...and the only other one I was really interested in was the Ludwig Von Drake piece, but there was no box or COA that I could see, and it was $70...I'm gonna visit the two or three other stores around here to see if they have any other different pieces that are a little cheaper.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

Where are they? I was in quite a few Marshalls this weekend for other items but didn't see any WDCC pieces while I was there. Where are they displayed?

They were in the section where they have decorations, picture frames, etc. They had a few on the shelf at the end of the aisle, which were out of the box, and then down one aisle they had the WDCC boxes, but they had stickers over the symbol that said "Disney Collectible" or something like that. I've been hearing finding them is really hit and miss..some stores have tons, others didn't get any...The stores aren't very organized, so I cant tell you exactly which aisle or what was there. Good Luck!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!

Are you 23? I am!

Oh wonderful... loose on the shelves. We all know how those end up.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i really need a dose of disney.. i have a itch to go to the local disney store but its snowing today and i have to go to work the next couple days..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Oh wonderful... loose on the shelves. We all know how those end up.
    Yep. With one broken arm for $1 in the clearance section... hate that they don't seem to care what happens to the merchandise.

I went to a different Marshall's today, and they had 9 of the It's a small world pieces I was looking for. I've never bought any WDCC pieces before, so I only bought one. I figured I'd try it out for $15...instead of the original $100!! I'm very impressed with the IASW piece I got (Spain) and will definitately be back tomorrow to buy a few more!

In that store, most of the pieces were actually in boxes, but a few were on a shelf. I went to TJ Maxx before I went to Marshalls, and TJ Maxx did not have any. If there are both stores close to each other and one doesn't have any, make sure to check the other!

UPDATE: I have scoured about 4 Marshall's and 2 TJ Maxx in the area and found 8 it's a small world pieces... Spain, Egypt, Native America, England, Australia, China, Brazil, and Belgium. I'm going to get the North Pole tomorrow if it doesn't snow too much. I've heard Ireland and the Hippo are out there, so I'll have to try and check some other stores.

These deals are definitely worth it (Especially the IASW pieces!) seeing as they were originally $100, are $50 on Disney Shopping now, but are $15 in the stores!!
    Last edited by Disney2000; 02-04-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Are you 23? I am!