Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Disney Merchandise & Collectibles Discuss Extinct Attractions in the Disneyana forums; I recently have had some problems with David Oneal's 'Extinct Attractions'. Without going into details, I've had to get my credit card company involved. I just wondered if anyone else ...
    drddrd is offline A-Ticket holder

Extinct Attractions

I recently have had some problems with David Oneal's 'Extinct Attractions'. Without going into details, I've had to get my credit card company involved.
    I just wondered if anyone else has experienced any problems lately...
    David Allen

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Extinct Attractions

I haven't been to the site, but thank you for the warning.

Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by drddrd View Post
    I recently have had some problems with David Oneal's 'Extinct Attractions'. Without going into details, I've had to get my credit card company involved.
    David Allen
    David,
    I generally had good experiences with EA. The first time I ordered, I never received my DVDs but got a quick response and a re-send via expedite shipping. Other than that, every time it has gone smoothly. I have heard of other horror stories though so you're not alone.

You should know (if you don't already; I see it's been a month since your original post) that Extinct Attractions is actually being sued by Disney right now for copyright infringement (allegedly on their motion picture, tv and music properties only, not ride throughs or documentaries). Use that information for what you will. I know a lot of people in the Disney community take great issue with the sale of such videos and music when others trade it for free. I have had varying experiences with EA and do think a lot of what they provide is entertaining. But I understand the arguments against.

brendan is offline A-Ticket holder

Yes! I just discovered a HUGE charge on my credit card bill. I'd be anxious to know how things are working out for you... or if you are having some other problem.

WJSM is offline A-Ticket holder

I too have fallen to large unauthorized charges on my credit card. I ordered a dvd from Extinct Attractions about a year ago, received it & it was a terrible bootleg. I contacted them & was given a refund. I threw away the dvds because they were just horrible. Approx a year later (April 2010) i get a huge charge on my credit card, I immediately called the bank, filed a police report & personally contacted the owner of Extinct Attractions. He immediately called me back. I did get my money back/reversed charges but it is strange how people are now being charged. Do not know what is going on. I did all kinds of research & found a mess of trouble this guy is in. Disney is suing him & i even have copies of the suit. I did the research & gathered all the info i could because i too was going to sue. I gave all gathered info to the police department as well. They said this would help them out very much. It does not look good for this guy in court if he is convicted of the crimes presented. I wish no harm on anyone but when someone attacks my welfare of money i take it personal. I have all the documentation, e mails & phone calls as evidence of what i say so no lies here on my part. Fact remains, if this is being done illegally, then it needs to stop. I am following this case to see an outcome.

Has anyone else had illegal charges on their credit card or bank account from Extinct Attractions? If you ordered merchandise from them in the past then i would check your bank or credit card statements very carefully to make sure of no unauthorized charges.

David Allen
    I too have fallen to large unauthorized charges on my credit card. I ordered a dvd from Extinct Attractions about a year ago, received it & it was a terrible bootleg. I contacted them & was given a refund. I threw away the dvds because they were just horrible. Approx a year later (April 2010) i get a huge charge on my credit card, I immediately called the bank, filed a police report & personally contacted the owner of Extinct Attractions. He immediately called me back. I did get my money back/reversed charges but it is strange how people are now being charged. Do not know what is going on. I did all kinds of research & found a mess of trouble this guy is in. Disney is suing him & i even have copies of the suit. I did the research & gathered all the info i could because i too was going to sue. I gave all gathered info to the police department as well. They said this would help them out very much. It does not look good for this guy in court if he is convicted of the crimes presented. I wish no harm on anyone but when someone attacks my welfare of money i take it personal. I have all the documentation, e mails & phone calls as evidence of what i say so no lies here on my part. Fact remains, if this is being done illegally, then it needs to stop. I am following this case to see an outcome.

McBob is offline A-Ticket holder

This is funny...

Back in December 2008, David O'Neal contracted to pay me to record several hours' worth of B-roll footage in Washington DC. This was the same guy from Extinct Attractions and numerous other fronts. I spent two days getting some good footage, made some sample clips available online for his perusal, and after his OK, shipped him an external hard drive (bought on my dime) containing all the video data for that shoot.

I called about a month later to see if he'd sent payment, and he said "the editors were looking at it."

That was the last I've ever heard from him. He actively avoided my phonecalls and emails from that point onward. He stole my time, my footage, and a hard drive.

Numerous other posts exist online regarding is frequently shady practices.

He's a fraud and thief, at least in that matter. That's not slander, just plain fact. Doesn't surprise me that his unscrupulous dealings might extend elsewhere.

The wacky part is that I just found this post by happenstancely checking to see if he'd finally been arrested yet

I do not know if he has been arrested or what has become of this matter but all i know is, many people had run ins with him & i am sorry to hear of yet ANOTHER person that has been burned by this charactor. If you find out an outcome please notify me, thanks & be well.

Flotsam&Jetsam is offline Fastpass Holder

David started off with good intentions and a great concept. Sorry to hear it's all ended up this way.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Agreed. His Haunted Mansion documentary in particular is superb.

But there is absolutely no excuse for this alleged behaviour.
    Last edited by 20K; 09-09-2010 at 06:09 PM.